A Warframe player with hundreds of hours on the game, and hundreds of hours on the Wiki.
How it Works
Many players find the mining and fishing part of landscape areas to be boring and tedious. The Cambion Drift offers an answer in the form of Requiem Obelisks. These pillar-like obelisks can drop various Cambion Drift resources, including mining and fishing parts. Even Necrathene is dropped, a key component in making your first Necramech. But these obelisks are a little tricky to farm properly.
- Requiem Obelisks will spawn at pre-determined locations on the Cambion Drift. Not all locations will have spawns on any given map but there aren't that many.
- Requiem Obelisks can be activated by dealing Void damage to them in Operator mode.
- Once activated, the obelisks trigger an effect and spawn a few waves of enemies
- Killing the enemies in a particular fashion will cause the obelisk to drop Cambion Drift resources
Each obelisk will last 90 seconds and then go on a brief cooldown. However, the cooldown for spawning new enemies from these obelisks is 10 minutes. So you'll need to go from obelisk to obelisk, triggering effects, and killing enemies to farm them effectively.
There are two things to consider when farming Requiem Obelisks to maximize your efficiency.
- How quickly you can move through the map and find the obelisks.
- How much you can trigger the resource drop for a given obelisk.
As you can tell from reading above, triggering resources drops requires doing different things. It mostly involves killing enemies with your Operator, but this is not all. As you play the obelisks, you'll notice you'll get far more resources from some than others based on the effect. In some cases, I recommend skipping certain obelisks if they have the symbols that have poor yields.
The following Requiem symbols are worth farming due to their effect. Simply put, killing an enemy under an effect is fairly straightforward and it's often possible to earn a lot of resources due to the sheer amount of kills you can get.
The following should potentially be skipped:
- Khra which seems to often not give credit for kills as repelling seems to possibly knock them out of range of the obelisk.
- Netra as the drones seem to do so little damage they rarely kill anything.
- Lohk as the pulses seem to be unable to kill enemies. This may be a bug.
Ideally you're bouncing around the map hopping from one to another, skipping the inefficient ones until you've completed them all and go back to Necralisk to refresh and begin again. However, you'll also need to know where to go. Below you'll find a map of where all the obelisks could spawn, although they don't always spawn in every location. You may also find it more efficient to skip some of the locations that are a bit further away. I also definitely recommend an Itzal Archwing to more quickly move your way around the map.
Given how tedious mining and fishing can feel when you're forced to do it extensively, and how you need those resources to accumulate standing effectively with the Entrati family, this is a great addition. In fact, as I was forced to go back to the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis to do mining in order to acquire a Necramech, I really noticed this change. These obelisks can also be tedious as flying around using Operator mode isn't the most exciting, but it's a welcomed change and a refreshing option to have in comparison to how the other landscape areas work.
As a final tip, if you're going to farm these extensively, be sure to pay visits to Otak, Father, and Daughter as you'll easily be able to earn tokens from them to accrue Entrati standing. Not only are you limited per day with how much standing you can earn, but in this case you are also only able to trade in a limited amount of resources before you have to wait for more exchanges to generate. You can easily block yourself if you end up with a lot of resources but aren't regularly exchanging them for tokens.