50 Fun Questions About Video Games to Ask Your Friends
Gaming is a popular hobby. Though in the past, gaming mostly consisted of heading to the arcade to play Tetris, Pacman, and Space Invaders, gaming has transformed in the past few decades and now it has never been easier to enjoy video games of many different genres in the comfort of your own home.
The gaming industry is now more affluent than both the book and movie industries! Whether you love to scream at horror games, compete with your friends or strangers online in battle-focused tournaments, or explore magical worlds in RPGs, when it comes to games, it seems that there's something for everyone.
There are also people who can make a living from this hobby by utilizing sites such as YouTube and Twitch. So if you know someone who is passionate about video games, here are 50 great questions to ask them to start up a conversation!
1. What's your favorite game of all time?
2. What's a game you thought you'd like but actually hated?
3. What's a really popular game everyone seems to love but you don't like?
4. What's a game you didn't expect to enjoy but ended up liking?
5. What game have you spent the most amount of hours on?
6. If you had to marry the last video game character you played, who would it be?
7. If you had to live in the world of the last game you played, what world would it be?
8. Have you ever had a crush on a video game character?
9. What was the first game you ever remember playing?
10. Have you ever pretended to be sick to get out of something so you could play a game?
11. What game did you last complete?
12. What game are you playing right now?
13. What game do you want to play next?
14. In your opinion, what is the best games console?
15. Are PC gamers really superior to console players?
16. What's your opinion on Fortnite?
17. Have you ever watched a Twitch stream?
18. Have you ever streamed yourself on Twitch or YouTube?
19. Have you ever used a walkthrough?
20. What's the best weapon you've ever used in a game?
21. Have you ever had to stop playing a game because it was too scary?
22. Has a game's storyline ever made you cry?
23. What's your favorite fighting class: warrior, mage, or rogue, and why?
24. What's your favorite game genre?
25. Do you prefer multiplayer games or to go solo?
26. Do you prefer co-op or player vs player?
27. What is the first console you ever owned?
28. What or who got you into video games in the first place?
29. What is the longest amount of time you have sat playing games non-stop?
30. If video games didn't exist anymore, what would you do?
31. What is your favorite song from a game?
32. Have you ever wanted to live in a world from a game? If so, which one and why?
33. Which video game character do you most wish you were like?
34. What's a game you've spent the most amount of money on?
35. If you could have one power of any video game character, who would it be?
36. Who do you usually choose as your fighter in Super Smash Brothers/Soul Calibur?
37. XBOX or PlayStation? Choose one!
38. What are you hoping for at the next E3?
39. Who is your favorite villain from a video game and why?
40. What is your favorite game from your childhood?
41. Are there any games you're really bad at?
42. Have you ever seen somebody get really angry when they lose?
43. What's your favorite game series of all time?
44. What's more important: action or story?
45. Is there a game that is considered to be really bad but is your secret guilty pleasure?
46. If you could have any video game character as your best friend, who would it be?
47. If you could marry any game character, who would it be?
48. Would you rather have loads of time to play games but only be able to buy two games a year, or be able to buy loads of games but never have much time to play them?
49. In your opinion, what is the worst game of all time that you've played?
50. Would you give up video games for life and receive $500,000 in cash, or would you refuse the money?
Chatting about video games is a lot of fun for enthusiastic gamers. With these 50 engaging questions, you can easily start a fun conversation (or even a debate) with your game-loving friends. Give them a try!
Questions & Answers
I want to play a game online with my six-year-old kid, but I want us to play together vs other. As in a turtle game in the 90s as an example. Can you help, please?
I recommend Mario Kart or Super Smash Brothers, both available on Nintendo Switch. If you're looking for something a little cheaper, you could get Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, which you can play in person or online.Helpful 8
© 2018 Poppy