Badass Gamertags: 63 Cool Gamer Names
Why Choosing a Kickass Name is Important
You're playing a round of team deathmatch in Call of Duty and some guy with the gamertag "ThrashNtrash" kills you? No big deal: Respawn and go after him for revenge.
But wait! He changes positions and you can’t find him. Boom! Holy moly, he kills you again! The same guy! That's okay: Respawn and try again.
No! He kills you a third time! Feeling like you're about to turn Hulk-green and tear off your clothes, you start wondering if ThrashNtrash has something you don't....
What does ThrashNtrash have that you don't have? A badass name. In the above scenario, normally you wouldn't realize who killed you, but you happened to glance into the corner of the screen to catch his name. That’s right, that gamertag caught your eye three times in a row. Why, you might ask? Because he has a simple, catchy name!
What's in a name? The person hiding behind the profile is creating a reputation for himself just because his name rhymes.
Trying to create one of those aforementioned jerk online personalities? Or maybe you can't intimidate in person, so you figure you might as well to create your fantasy persona online?
There is a fine line between something sounding kickass and something sounding totally lame, so keep that in mind when you're trying to pick the toughest, coolest, badassest sounding gamertags.
Be sure to also check out 120 Badass Nicknames and 100 Gangster Nicknames for more ideas.
Funny Gamer Names
If you’re looking to portray a funny online personality, make sure your name's creative and goofy! The sky’s the limit with this one! Literally everything from your favorite food to cartoon character can be used to create an amusing gamertag!
It’s a known fact that girls are taking up gaming at an exponential rate. One thing a guy might hate is getting killed or beat by a girl in an online match. So if you’re a girl, be proud and show it in your name! All you need to do is take a bit of a girly sound, mix it with some badass, and you’ve got yourself a name!
Making Awesome Gamertags
Having words that rhyme is a good way to make memorable names, but also consider the following tips when creating your name:
- Keep it simple. If you are trying to make a reputation for yourself online, people may not remember a name that’s complex.
- Use cool words, animals, and colors! Yeah! Typically this is really lame, but if you pair the right ones together, you'll have an entertaining, and maybe even badass name!
- Use your real name. You may get lucky and have a name that’s unusual, rhymes with many things, or is easy to work with. For example, if your name is Jack, you could use JumpinJacks, MacJack, JackedUp, and so on.
- Convey your desired online personality. Whether you want to seem pleasant or come off as a total jerk, use words that will connote such a personality. If you want to talk crap during a match of Call of Duty, you may not be taken seriously if your name is TickledPink.
Use your favorite numbers. If your desired name is already taken, try adding your favorite numbers to the beginning or end of that name.
- Mix capital and lowercase letters: WheTHeR yOu miX thEM up OR groUP them TOgetHER, this will help make your gamertag look unique. It will also look extremely douchey, so it's all about how you want others perceive you!
If you want to be remembered, your first task is choosing a memorable name.
Compromise and Creativity is Necessary!
No matter what name you want, it's likely that your first choice will be taken, but don't turn all Hulk on your Xbox: Try a different variation or spelling and you might find your ideal name isn't as impossible as you thought.
Creativity is key in making a name that will ensure a notorious online reputation. You’ll be receiving friend requests and hate mail before you know it, and that is exactly how you know your gamertag is a good one.
Be unique and original. Be you. (And keep your clothes on, please.)
Now time to watch Burnsy make fun of a player with a bad attitude!
What's your favorite style of gameplay?
Questions & Answers
What is the best Xbox username?
Honestly, I think people would lose their minds if anyone had any of these names:
"Best" is a relative term, so a lot of people would probably think those are lame, but getting one of those would be pretty sick.
Also, people always suggest "YourMom" to me, so I think that one would probably go over pretty well too.Helpful 281
What are some good gamer name tags that use the name "Dre"?
Here are some I came up with off the top of my head:
Day of Dre