Welcome to LevelSkip! A community where gamers convene to share their perspectives and knowledge on all things gaming-related! Our walkthroughs, guides, stats lists, and game reviews are entirely written, cultivated, and crafted for and by gamers and game-enthusiasts. LevelSkip is the place to be when exploring all manner of video game topics including consoles, platforms, and genres. Learn the tricks of the trade or share your own tips and wisdom for an enhanced gaming experience.
To write for LevelSkip, authors must comply with HubPages’s Editorial Policy. In addition to these requirements, we have listed below some recommendations and tips on how to craft high quality articles for this particular site.
What We Like to See:
- Specific Details/Experiences: Thorough and detailed game reviews that are written as a result of an author’s personal experience with a game or topic. Give readers a sense that you developed a perspective or opinion on a game because you have played it.
- Concise Explanations: Gaming articles that endeavor to explain a process or how to accomplish a task are most effective when they clearly list the steps players need to take. Walkthrough articles that clearly explicate a challenging aspect of a game and/or breakdown the basics of accomplishing a task step-by-step within a game using numbered lists or bullet points are easily scanned and understood by readers.
- Images: Articles that utilize images or screenshots of your gaming experience to further bolster your article’s content provide a good experience for readers and enhance an article’s quality.
- Recommendations: Recommendations of games you have actually played, not just games that seem similar to games you have played are very helpful for readers who are trying to make decisions about what to play.
- Stat Lists With Supplementary Information: Stat list articles that include information on equipment, characters, skills, etc. are most helpful for readers if they also address how to acquire a particular character, tool, or ability and apply the item to enhance a gaming experience. Brief listicles are unlikely to be accepted if they lack this kind of supplementary information.
- Links: Use links to examples of walkthroughs, game reviews, or other sources that bolster an article’s point. Helpful links in the form of reviews, videos, or gameplay tips provide an added dimension to your article’s point and show readers that an author is knowledgeable about their chosen topic.
What to Avoid:
- Uninformed or Unrelated Product Promotion: An author should only recommend products that they have personal experience using. Unbiased reviews of products can help establish an author’s trustworthiness to a reader. Authors shouldn’t recommend a product to readers that they haven’t tried and similarly, recommending products that are unrelated to an article’s topic can also reduce reader trust in an author.
Here are some examples of articles on LevelSkip that exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
A quick note: All of the HubPages network sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for LevelSkip, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our network sites like LevelSkip.