Kain writes video game articles that include tips, tricks, and tutorials. He is especially enthusiastic about the "Call of Duty" series.
The D.I.E. Shockwave Wonder Weapon can be obtained by using the Mystery Box in Black Ops Cold War Zombies. Alternatively, the player can find the D.I.E. Shockwave in the Living Room section of Die Maschine if they complete the Easter Egg quest. There are a total of four elemental upgrades for the Wonder Weapon. The ice and nova upgrade are a bit easier to get, as you do not need to build the Aetherscope or complete as many Easter Egg steps.
Make sure to build the Pack-A-Punch as early as possible in Die Maschine. All you need to do is turn on the power and activate the two switches nearby. From there, travel through the Anomaly and go through the portal that the game indicates. The portal will teleport you to a location that has the machine part for the Pack-A-Punch. Weapons can be upgraded multiple times in Black Ops Cold War Zombies.
"Black Ops Cold War Zombies" Tutorial
Complete these steps to obtain the ice upgrade in Die Maschine:
- Shoot the empty flask that is on top of the bunker with the D.I.E. Shockwave
- Pick up the empty flask
- Wait for a Megaton to appear
- Make the Megaton enemy fire an acid shot near the tree with the spores
- Place the empty flask below the purple spores until it fills up
- Take the blue flask to the Weapons Lab and interact with the box
The empty flask can only be blown off with the regular D.I.E. Shockwave. Go on top of the Nacht der Untoten to a location called Penthouse. Check the top left of your screen to see if you're in the correct area.
Retrieve the empty flask once it's on the ground down by the Pond section of Die Maschine. A Megaton must shoot the tree with the spores nearby. Because the Megaton can deal great damage, make sure to have Juggernog and armor. Don't get trapped by the zombies. Once the spores on the tree are purple, put the empty flask below it. The flask will turn blue.
Take the blue flask to the Weapons Labs in Die Maschine. There will be a weapon crate by the Speed Cola perk. Interact with the crate to obtain the D.I.E. Cryo-Emitter.
Complete these steps to obtain the nova upgrade:
- Go to the top of the bunker to an area called Mezzanine
- Use the D.I.E. Shockwave to pull the empty canister into the map
- Head to the lower level of the Weapons Lab
- Place the empty canister into the cleaning unit
- Wait until a Plaguehound enemy spawns and kill it near the cleaning unit
- Take the full canister to the weapon crate in the Crash Site location
The second floor of the Nacht der Untoten bunker has an empty canister. Aim at the empty canister with the D.I.E. Shockwave and press the left trigger to pull it towards you. Note, you cannot have full ammo with the weapon to use the suction feature.
Pick up the empty canister and go down to the Weapons Lab. You'll need to go to the lower level where the Deadshot Daiquiri perk is.
Place the empty canister in the cleaning unit. One plaguehound enemy must be destroyed by the canister. It's very easy to get trapped in the Weapons Lab. To make this step easier, wait for a Plaguehound round in Black Ops Cold War Zombies. No zombies attack during those special rounds. You'll also receive a max ammo power up after every Plaguehound round.
Once the canister is full, take it to the Crash Site where the airplane debris is. There will be a weapons crate up against a broken wall. Put the canister on top of the crate and either shoot or melee it to obtain the D.I.E. Nova-5 upgrade.
Tips & Tricks for "Black Ops Cold War Zombies"
- Use the Combat Knife to make more points in the early rounds
- Buy the perks you need most first because the price increases each time
- Use salvage to upgrade your armor and weapon rarity
- Complete the Coffin Dance Easter Egg to get free rewards like Juggernog
- Use the Mystery Box until you obtain a Ray Gun
- Create Cymbal Monkeys at the Crafting Table
- Use the Chopper Gunner once you're a high enough rank
- Upgrade a weapon three times at the Pack-A-Punch for maximum damage
- Run around the Crash Site area to create zombie trains
- Break the purple crystals in the Aether dimension for random rewards
- Use Aetherium Crystals to upgrade perks & Field Upgrades etc.
- Exfil to earn extra XP and Aetherium Crystals
Zombies and other enemies like the Megaton grow stronger after every round in Black Ops Cold War Zombies. Some enemies will run significantly faster as well. Ideally, you'll want to upgrade the Wonder Weapon and complete certain Easter Eggs before round 25. Don't waste all your salvage at the Crafting Table by making unnecessary items.