Outside of my day job as a project manager for a construction company, I am an avid gamer with a great passion for "Call of Duty."
The Borough Grief map is the town only portion of the Buried map. This map brings us a whole new Grief experience. A game can be expected to reach rounds that are not normally seen on the other Grief maps. This is partially due to good perks, an easily accessible Pack-A-Punch machine, strong wall weapons, and the addition of buildables.
In This Guide:
- Map Layout
- Game Play
- What You Need to Know
The Borough Map Layout
The map in Borough is similar to the Buried Map, except you can not access the Haunted Mansion or the Maze. You can still navigate the Tunnels and will have access to the entire town area.
While the area is basically the same, there are a few differences. The barriers that are normally smashed by the Giant have been removed, and since the Giant is not available, there is no ability or need to pick up Booze or Candy.
Perks In Borough
The same perks that are available in Buried Survival are also available in Borough Grief, with the exception of Vulture-Aid. This new perk could have changed the way Grief is played, since you could gather a train, hide in the green stink, and allow the zombies to go after the rival team. However, this map has the perks that really matter.
Perks In Borough:
- Speed Cola
- Mule Kick
- Double Tap
- Stamina Up
Jugger-Nog is in the same place as it is in Buried Survival. It is located between the Sheriff's Office and the adjoining building. It is set back in a narrow passageway that can be accessed from the front or from above.
Speed Cola can be found on the top floor of the General Store, in the small room at the top of the stairs. It can also by purchasing the back door that is near the bank drop down.
Mule Kick is in the Gunsmith Building, on the second floor. It is in this same location in Buried Survival.
Double Tap is hidden on the right-hand side of the Haunted Mansion's porch (left-hand side if facing the mansion). It can be tricky to pick up this perk in high rounds, since zombies will spawn in that area.
Stamina Up is between the Courthouse and the Church. It is sitting in the same area that a Crystal Ball can be found in Buried Survival.
Weapons in Borough
There are many powerful weapons that can be bought directly off the wall, or given randomly from the Mystery Box. The Paralyzer is a very useful weapon, but can only be obtained by one person. This can cause the other team to have a slight disadvantage. However, there are plenty of powerful weapons available, and if used properly, they can minimize that advantage.
The Pack-A-Punch machine can be found in front of the Church and the Haunted Mansion.
Unlike survival mode, Borough grief does not have Galvaknuckles, Bowie Knife, SVU, Time Bombs, or the LSAT.
These weapons can be a big asset in Grief, but must be acquired randomly from the Mystery Box.
- Monkey Bombs
- Ray Gun Mark II
Wall Weapons in Borough
There are many useful wall weapons spread across Borough. The advantage of using these weapons is the access to ammo.
On the front porch of the Haunted Mansion. As you walk up the steps, they are on your right.
It can be found on a wall inside the Courthouse. Look on the same wall and slightly past the Building Station.
The Olympia is located on the front outside wall of the Sheriff's Office.
There are five possible locations for Mystery Box, but it will always start in the same area that it starts in Buried Survival. After the Mystery Box moves for the first time the Fire Sale Power-Up will be able to drop randomly from zombies. This Power-Up will benefit both teams when picked up.
Mystery Box Locations
- Original Location: The Box will originally appear by the bottom of the steps to the building next to the Sheriff's Office.
- The Courthouse: The Mystery Box can appear on the second floor of the Courthouse. It is at the end of a dead end hallway.
- The Sheriff's Office: The box can also spawn on the second floor of the Sheriff's Office. It is in a dead-end hallway right before you walk out onto the balcony.
- The Gunsmith: Another location for the Mystery Box is the second floor of the Gunsmith building. It is in the room behind Mule Kick. This room has secondary access to the Tunnels, but a couch must be bought in order to use this access point.
- The Tunnels: The Tunnels is the least desirable location for the Mystery Box. It is in the large cavern that has a hole that drops into the Barn.
Buildables in Borough
There are three Buildables that can be used in Borough, but do not have to be built. They will randomly appear in three locations. Unfortunately, the Head Chopper is not available in Grief mode, since there is one less Buildable the Building Station in the Church is covered and will not hold a Buildable.
Every player can pick up and use each Buildable. Only players on your team can pick up your equipment. However, all players can destroy your equipment with a well-timed Grenade. Also, all players are affected by your equipment, so you can fling an enemy with your Trample Steam, or be flung.
Building Station Locations in Borough
- The Courthouse: The Building Station is on the left-hand side as you enter the front door of the Courthouse. It is against the wall across from the bench.
- The Saloon: The Saloon is the second location for a Building Station. The station can be found against the left wall as you enter the Saloon.
- The Building Beside The Sheriff's Office: The final location for a Building Station is on the top floor of the building that is next to the Sheriff's Office.
Game Play on Borough
Game Play on Borough can be very different from the other Grief maps. The area is much larger than the Farm or Town Grief maps and unlike the Cell Blocks Grief Map (MOTD) it has Jugger-Not. These factors result in higher rounds than commonly experienced in the previous Grief Maps.
With the lack of Knuckles, EMP grenades, Traps, Brutus, and fire it can be difficult to effect rivals in a manner that will directly down them. However, the addition of Buildables allows for players to have a defense against zombies, making the rounds last even longer.
If these factors were not enough, players utilizing glitches, the Paralyzer, Monkey Bombs, or the Jug Strategy can cause the rounds to enter a dangerous level, where both teams could continue to go down. Strong teamwork and quick strategy is essential for winning games early.
What You Need to Know
- A well placed Trample Steam can send a player into a dangerous area, or even off a structure high enough to cause extreme fall damage.
- A player that has the Paralyzer, Monkey Bombs, and upgraded Ballistic Knives can be very difficult to defeat.
- A player can be impossible to kill if they are in a glitch. I suggest reporting any player that you see using a glitch in grief. These cowards should go back to hiding in their custom games.
- Persistent Upgrades do not work in custom games.