Outside of my day job as a project manager for a construction company, I am an avid gamer with a great passion for "Call of Duty."
Die Rise is different from the other maps in Black Ops 2: Zombies. Buildables such as the Trampo Steam and the Sliquifier make it a lot of fun to play. However, the Trampo Steam has also lead to some of the funniest deaths in Die Rise. These deaths are often the favorite segments of 1000 Zombie Deaths.
This map can be very difficult to play, but your chance of survival in Die Rise increases if you are able to to do the following:
- Travel efficiently
- Utilize your Trampo Steam
- Use the Siliquifier properly
- Get your free perk
- Avoid dangerous areas
Travel: Jump, Drop, Elevators, and Trampo Steam
There are several areas in Die Rise that can be difficult to occupy mid-round. Utilize several means of travel In order to decrease the chance of being caught in such an area. The main methods of travel are:
- Jump and Drop
- Trampo Steam
There are three buildings in Die Rise.
- Spawn Building: This is the building that you spawn into when the game starts. This building also contains the Trampo Steam Building Station.
- Power Building: This building contains the power switch. It is also the building that has a playable roof.
- Upside-Down Building: This is exactly as it sounds, it is turned upside down. This building also contains the AN-94 and is known for the large open room commonly referred to as the Buddha Room.
Each building has multiple floors. You can navigate the floors by walking. However, in order to travel to another level, you will need to Jump, Drop, take an elevator, or use a Trampo Steam.
You can jump
- from the Roof of the Power Building to the bottom floor of the Spawn Building
- from the bottom floor of the Upside Down Building (Buddha Room) to the second floor of the Power Building
- from the bottom floor of the Spawn Building to the top floor of the Upside Down Building.
You can drop down to lower floors in various places. To find a drop area look for a break on the floor that leads to a solid structure on the floor below.
There are two dangerous drops that can often lead to a player being 'downed'.
- The first is the slide from the bottom floor of the Spawn Building, which leads to the original box room. Do not take this slide directly after being hit by a Zombie.
- The second is the drop down the elevator shaft that leads to the AN-94. Drop down slowly, allow all the red to leave your screen before taking the next drop. On the final slide stay to the far left. Any other landing can result in the player being 'downed'.
There are three elevators in the Spawn Building and four elevators in the Power Building. You will need to ride on the top of the elevator since there are perks located in the elevators. You can use a key to call up an elevator, but it can only be used one time.
Finally, you can travel by using the Trampo Steam. This is often the quickest and most dangerous mode of transportation. The improper placement of the Trampo Steam and result in falling off the edge
Utilize Your Trampo Steam
Building the Trampo Steam is often the focus at the start of a game. It is commonly referred to as The Trampoline during gameplay.
As explained above, the Trampo Steam can be used to travel, but it can also be used to defend and escape. During the creature rounds, it is a staple in getting the free Perk. If you are new to Die Rise you should first learn how to build the Trampo Steam.
You can defend an area with the Trampo Steam by placing it in a manner to disrupt Zombie Traffic.
The most common way this is accomplished is by placing the device against a window, effectively blocking a zombie spawn location.
It can also be put in front of the players as a final barrier to the approaching zombies. In some cases, this will block only one area of advancing zombies (see my video on the 4 Player Strategy for High Rounds on the Roof for an example).
It can also be used to block the sole entry point as seen in my Die Rise Solo Strategy and my 4 Player Strategy for High Rounds in the Buddha Room.
The drawback to using a Trampo Steam for defense is that it will incur a lot of damage and will need to be replaced often.
You can use your Trampo Steam to escape danger by placing it in an area that will not interfere with zombie traffic. If you encounter a dangerous situation you can run onto the Trampo Steam and launch yourself to a safe area. It is important to ensure that the device will not throw you over the side or into more serious danger.
The best defense against the creatures is to utilize the Trampo Steam. You can do this by:
- placing it in the middle of an open area and running around it
- standing behind it while in a corner
- building a protective wall with several Trampo Steams
The Sliquifier is often called the Slipper Gun, the Slip Gun, and the Goo Gun. This weapon can be very useful, but can also be destructive to you and your team. You can Build the Silquifier on the bottom floor of the Power Building. It is important to use this weapon properly.
Proper use of the Sliquifier:
- Make zombie entry points slippery. This will slow down the zombies.
- Directly shoot a zombie for a one-shot kill.
- Gather a group of zombies and shoot one of them directly. It will be 'infected', explode, and 'infect' the other zombies.
- Make an area slipper when it will aid in your ability to evade zombies.
Improper use of the Sliquifier:
- Make an elevator shaft entry point slipper. This can result in sliding to your death.
- Make an area slippery when multiple players are in the area. This will cause the players to slide around and could result in them being trapped.
- Just run around shooting it without regard to the area that will become slippery.
Get Your Free Perk
Creatures, called Jumping Jacks, will appear every 4 - 6 rounds. These creatures are fast and agile. They can be very dangerous. However, they will drop a Max-Ammo at the end of the round and can also give you a Free Perk. In order to get the Free Perk, you will need to kill all the creatures without missing a single shot.
Here are the best ways to do get your Free Perk:
- Use the Trampo Steam to kill the creatures.
- Use the GalvaKnuckles or Bowie Knife.
- Use Claymores.
- Do not fire a single shot.
If you need to shoot let your team know so they can also shoot. If you go down but did not shoot you can still get the free perk. Your team can grab the perk Power-Up after you are revived or when you re-spawn.
Avoid Dangerous Areas
The following areas can be very dangerous in the middle of a heavy round. If you need to access these areas, you should hold a zombie at the end of the round.
- The 2 bottom floors of the Power Building
- The Room with the Trampo Steam Building Station
- The AN-94 Room after the couch is removed
- Dead man corner
- The original box location
bobdole1221 on December 09, 2017:
I have a great camping spot, provided you have the necessary perks and weapons.
When you go up the huge walkway by the dragon sign, that connects both buildings. Instead of jumping over go to the right and fall down by the symtex grenades. Then follow ledge til it drops off to the one mystery box location. In that room only one window. And if you plant your trample steam just so in the doorway. You will not need to worry bout the zombs coming in that way. (Well not as much some may sneak through.) But be sure to make sure they dont attack the zomb flingy ding thing. I recommend getting mule kick and have the sliquifyer gun also. Preferably a ray gun and the AN-94 or hammer. If box is lucky and get hammer real early. Go put it in the box storage container. Even if not playing on live. In a pinch you can high tail it there, and retrieve it. If you have an empty hammer trade it for your full one. Then come back later and switch out so you can keep ammo stored. Always try to keep a key on you so you can call an elevator. Cause with this spot if you have monkeys you can call it to you if you go down and need that perk now. I do not use quick revive i dont believe in it. Not saying i never ever do but. But its just a better challenge having only one life. Plus that way you can get jugg, speed, and, double tap, with the mule kick. Always forget about the claymores but those are also great to have. Just plant a bunch anytime you can to make a safe zone incase of breach and needing to reload. Symtex are a plus to as they wont roll away from where you want.
Also when you drop to the next level from this area. You buy a door into a sewing room. When you buy the exit door leading to where usually pap and jugg are. The two elevators that go in the power room. You'll notice to the right of those machines. Is a wide doorway with double doors. If those are left closed. That to is another great spot to chill. And even has a back up plan of buying the door for a vital escape if needed. Too bad you couldn't pay like X4 the price of the door and close it again. But if you buy that door camping spot there is gone forever.
Im getting better at running but still love camping like on Buried i camped by jugg till level 37 solo. But here the one spot i found that you can camp is the one i talked bout here. Just always keep your head on a constant swivel. And build that window as its being torn down. As times will happen where you need to focus on the doorway instead. When i play with my buddy im always window guy because he cannot watch window cause he thinks that he has to always be taking the busier approach. Which is fine. Only if you are disciplined enough and have faith your buddy can handle the work load. Cause even with 100 zombs coming that way and as much as you wanna keep shooting. You have to know when to turn back to the window and keep them back. Too many times he had no faith and he let window zombs in killing us both. So now i do that, plus playing with me might give someone motion sickness cause of how constant im always looking back and forth.
So ya if you have the right goods you can hold off there for awhile. My best was level 31 and then ran into ammo issues and when i made the lap to gain distance to get to the storage box. Just wasnt enough zombies killed and they were already at the storage and then the line behind me coming i was swamped so i jumped to my death lol. Even bought the mp5 just to have a gun with ammo. If your good at running just dive between the buildings and know your spots where you can stop and unload before taking off again. They say its not smart keeping box guns cause there are no ammo buys anywhere. But ive found that its bought a 65/35 in favor of getting a max ammo before you completely run out. So a gun with a high ammo capacity is choice. And if you get rid of slick gun try for the rpd back up