How To Unlock The Sword In Shadows of Evil in Call of Duty: Black ops 3
The Ullamargor Zortuk Sword in Shadows of Evil is an elemental sword that is similar to the Staves that were introduced in Black Ops 2: Origins. There are less steps involved in unlocking the sword, but it can be a daunting task. It is much easier to complete the steps in early rounds.
- Find The Symbols
- Get The Egg
- Charge The Egg
- Retrieve Sword
Find The Symbols
The First Step is to find the three symbols needed to unlock the entrance to the egg. The symbols can be found by taking the train and watching out the window. Each symbol is inside a window of various buildings. The symbols are bright red, which makes them easier to see.
- The Symbols are bright red, and will include a series of arrows, which always point to the right.
- You can use the maps found on the walls to find the train location.
- You will have to take the train multiple times to find all three symbols.
Get The Egg
After finding all three symbols, you will need to go to the subway station. It can be found by taking any of the three rifts. The symbols can only be seen and activated while in Beast Mode, they are across from the subway station statue that is needed in the next step. There is a blue orb near the symbols, which can be used to enter Beast Mode.
Return to human form and go back to the area where the symbols were located. There will now be an opening where all four swords are visible, with eggs below each sword. Pick up an egg by approaching this area and holding your action button.
- You can use the same Beast Mode to activate the symbols and open the statue.
- You will need to be in Human mode to pick up the Egg.
- Each player in the game will need to pick up their own egg.
Charge The Egg
In order to Charge the Egg, you will first need to locate all four statues. They are hidden in large crates, which can only be opened in Beast Mode. The location for each statue is listed below, and includes a picture with the statue location marked. The statues can be opened before acquiring the egg.
- Each player in the game will need to charge their egg at all four statues.
- More than one player can charge an egg at the same statue, but only the zombies they kill will count.
- The egg will glow blue and make a sound when it is finished charging.
Steps For Charging The Eggs:
- When in Beast Mode, use your melee attack to the crate.
- Approach the Statue and press your action button to place your Egg.
- Kill zombies near the statue. A blue light will leave the zombie and enter the egg if you are close enough. Each statue will absorb 12 zombies.
- Repeat steps 1- 3 for all four statues.
Subway Station Staff
The Subway Station can be found by taking any of the three rifts and has an entrance from Junction that must first be opened in Beast Mode. The Crate is located in the middle of the room, next to a subway car. It is near the symbols and a blue orb. It is on the same floor as Widows Wine and the entrance to Pack-A-Punch.
Canal District Statue
The Canal District Statue is next to the Ruby Rabbit, which is one of the Ritual buildings. It is in a tight area across from a bridge and next to a blue orb. You can find it on the same side of the canal as the train entrance.
Footlight District Statue
The Footlight District Statue is on the ground floor, near the entrance to Footlight High Street. It is near a Gumball Machine and a blue orb. It is marked in the picture below with a green arrow.
Waterfront District Statue
The Statue in Waterfront District is located on Waterfront High Street. It is past the possible Juggernog location. When charging the egg in this location, it is ideal to open the door in order to have an escape route.
Retrieve The Sword
You can retrieve your sword after filling the egg at all four statues. The sword is in the same area that you opened using the Symbols.
Retrieving The Sword Steps:
- Approach the Sword area and press and hold your action button to place the egg.
- Press and hold your action button again to pick up the egg.
Other Useful Information
- You do not have to complete the Rituals before getting the Sword.
- The sword has two attacks. The first is a regular melee attack and the second is an area attack.
- The sword can be upgraded.
- The Sword is needed in order to complete the Easter Egg.