Outside of my day job as a human resource professional, I am an avid gamer with a great passion for "Call of Duty."
The Head Chopper is one of many Buildables released with the newest DLC, Vengeance. Its name is self-explanatory . . . it chops the heads off zombies. It does not require a separate power supply and can be placed on various surfaces, making it a versatile trap.
The Head Chopper can be built at any of the four Building Stations available on Buried. I normally prefer to build it in the Saloon so I am able to easily access it. In order to build it, you will need to attach four parts to a Building Station. All four parts are conveniently located in your local General Store.
- Pick up a part by pressing your action button while close to the part.
- Attach it to a Building Station by pressing your action button while standing close and facing the Building Station.
- Repeat for all four parts.
- Saw Blade
The General Store
The General Store is in the center of the town. It is attached to the Bank and is in front of the Gunsmith. There are two entrances to the General Store. The Front Entrance is across from the starting location of the Mystery Box. The back entrance is behind the bank across from the Gunsmith.
The majority of the parts on the map are located throughout the two floors of the General Store. However, all of the parts for the Head Chopper are on the bottom floor. The bottom floor consists of three areas:
- The Main Area: The large room with shelves in the front of the store.
- The Hallway: The area that leads from the back door to the Main Area.
- The Office: The small room in the back of the store past the Gun Cabinet.
The Saw Blade is the largest part, so it is hard to miss. If you are entering the main door, walk past the selves in the main area and heading towards the office. You will find the blade on the left sticking out of a barrel.
For lack of a better word, I am calling this piece the housing. It is the base of the saw that holds it to a surface. It is in the office in the back left corner. Picking up this part can be risky in the middle of a high round since there is only one exit out of this room.
The handle is in the main area on the shelf in the middle of the room. It is on the back end of the shelf, furthest from the front door. The handle is a small part that manages to blend in with its surroundings. It can be difficult to spot at first. If you do not see it, move towards the area and watch for an onscreen indicator that says "pick up part."
The Gear is in the main area sitting on a counter. If entering from the back door, it will be on your left-hand side. This piece is small, but is easy to spot on the counter. Do not confuse it with the Roulette wheel that is on the opposite counter. The wheel will be used in the Subsurface Resonator.
A part might be missing if:
- A player is holding the part and either not talking or just not telling you.
- A player picked up the part and then went down. Going down will cause you to drop your part even if revived. If the player did not pick the part back up, then it will be laying where they went down.
- A player picked it up, and then decided to pick up another Building Station part before installing the first. This will cause the first part to drop in the location of the new part. A part that does not go to a Building Station will not cause the player to drop a Building Station part.
If the part is not there:
- First, ask the other players if they are holding the part.
- If that does not work, go to any locations where players went down and see if it is on the ground.
- If you still can not find the part, look in the areas where other parts are normally located to see if the part is on the ground. All Building Station parts are located in the General Store. Since non-Building Station parts do not cause you to drop Building station parts, then you will not need to look outside the General Store.
Note: I have found the parts in the same location eight games in a row and never any other location. I will continue to check the locations, and will edit this article if I ever find them in a different location and am sure they were not moved by another player.
What You Should Know
- The Head Chopper can cause damage to you and other players.
- In order for the Head Chopper to be fully effective, it should be placed at neck height. If you place it on the ground it will not only create crawlers, but it could also kill a crawler that you are holding.
- This will be destroyed faster as rounds progress. Use a Building Station that you can easily access during high rounds.
- The Giant can build the Head Chopper for you by feeding him Candy near a Building Station. The Giant will build a random buildable, but if you attach one part first he will complete the rest of the buildable.