How to Build the Plane on Alcatraz: Mob of the Dead - "COD: Black Ops 2, Zombies"
In order to upgrade a weapon in Alcatraz you will need to travel to the Golden Gate Bridge. To do this you must first build a makeshift plane on the Roof of the prison. There are many steps involved in building the plane. Completing the steps will take you to every area of the map. In order to simplify these steps I created separate articles to explain how to get the Wardens Key and how to get the parts for the plane. The steps are slightly different for Solo and Multiplayer Mode. First I will list the steps for each, and then I will explain how to open the Roof and build the plane.
Solo Steps for Building The Plane
Multiplayer Steps For Building The Plane
In Multiplayer Mode each player can only hold one part at a time. If a player goes down they will drop their part. You have the choice to either open the Roof first or have each player grab a part and then open the Roof. However, you will need to make another trip to get parts as there are five parts and a maximum of four players.
- Get the Warden's Key.
- Each player should pick up one plane part.
- Open the Roof.
- Build the parts on the plane.
- Pick up any additional parts.
- Build the additional parts on the plane.
- Take the plane to the Bridge.
How to Open The Roof
The door to the Roof can not be bought. In order to open the door a player will need to enter Afterlife. The electrical box is located in the same room as the plane part and where you would feed the wolf to get Hell's Retriever. When in Afterlife the portal will appear in the long hallway that looks like a bathroom entry way.
- Enter Afterlife in the Infirmary by using the electrical box.
- Go into the portal in the bathroom entry hall.
- You will need to levitate once inside the portal. You will get close to the Roof. Press the levitate button again to grab the edge and pull yourself up.
- You will then need to shoot electricity at the power meter that is against the wall that leads back to the Infirmary.
- When the door opens you can travel back down this open door to your body in order to revive yourself.
Note: You can also activate Deadshot Daiquiri on the way to your body.
How to Build The Plane
The hardest part of building the plane is getting the plane parts. The actual building of the plane is easy.
- Walk onto the pallets at the back of the plane.
- Press your action button and hold it down.
- You will build the part on the plane.
- When finished an indicator will appear in the top left corner of your screen showing the part with a check mark over it.
Note: You can check the inventory at any time by pressing select. It will also show you which player is holding a part.
Take The Plane to The Bridge
Once all the parts are added the plane is ready for take off. Any player can start the take-off sequence by standing on the pallets and pressing the action button. They will then board the plane. However, once this process starts it can not be stopped. In a multiplayer game you should first make sure the other players are ready for takeoff. All players should stand on the pallets and be ready to push their action button.
On The Bridge:
- There will be a short period of time with no zombies. Take this time to upgrade weapons.
- A Security Guard will shortly appear, along with a group of zombies.
- After the Security Guard is dead electric chairs will appear on the Bridge.
- To leave the Bridge stand close to an electric chair and press your action button. You will go back to the original spawn room and be in Afterlife. Revive yourself.
- If you stay on the Bridge longer than one round be prepared for additional guards. A guard is added each round until there is five.
What You Need to Know
- When you return from the Bridge the plane will be out of fuel. You must collect gas cans in order to refuel the plane.
- The gas cans are located in the area in which the parts were previously located.
- You must complete a round while all players are back in the prison in order for the gas cans to appear.
- If a player holds a part or a can then you will not be able to finish the plane. Some players do this so that they can choose when it is time to take off. Hitting that player with the Acid or Fan Trap will cause them to drop their part. They will also go down and likely rage quit, but at least you can go to the Bridge.
- You must fly to the Bridge at least one time in order to get The Golden Spork and The Upgraded Hell's Retriever.
- You must fly to the Bridge three times to finish the Easter Egg.