How to get Hell's Retriever in Alcatraz: Mob of the Dead - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Zombies
Hell's Retriever is commonly referred to as the Flaming Tomahawk. This is one of the most useful weapons in Alcatraz. It has unlimited ammo, can be charged, and can be used to pick up items. It is not difficult to acquire, but takes some time and planning. In order to unlock this weapon you must feed three wolfs, which are located in different areas on the map.
Feed The Wolf
- There are three wolf locations.
- Each Wolf must be fully fed.
- The wolf locations are marked with a red outline of a wolf on the wall.
- When the first Zombie is killed in the immediate area of the outline a wolf head will protrude from the wall.
- The wolf will devour the zombie you killed.
- It must finish the first zombie before it will take another zombie.
- If you kill a zombie before it finishes its current meal it will not pick up the zombie body from the floor.
- You can tell if a zombie will be accepted, it will start to float towards the wolf as it is falling to the floor.
- This can take between one and three rounds depending on how many kills it consumes.
- When it is finished eating it will go back into the wall and the wolf outline will now be glowing.
There are three Wolf Locations. These locations are scattered throughout the map and will require doors to be opened.
The Wolves Can be found:
The Cell Blocks
Hell's Retriever Location
After you feed the final wolf you will be able to pick up Hell's Retriever. It is located in the Citadel Tunnels between the top of the steps and the Showers. It is marked by three wolf heads. Before the wolves are fed there will be a solid wall blocking this entrance. However, after you feed the wolves a hole will appear. The Tomahawk will be floating in a red beam of light.
You can pick up this weapon by pushing the action button. When you have picked it up your character will spin it around and then it will be added to your inventory.
What you need to know
- You will receive an Achievement when you pick up Hell's Retriever.
- Hell's Retriever can be charged by holding down the button. Release to throw.
- This weapon will bounce off zombies allowing it to make several kills.
- Hell's Retriever can pick up Power-Ups and Other items.
- You can upgrade Hell's Retriever
- Hell's Retriever is needed for collecting the Crystal Skulls, unlocking the Golden Spork, and completing the Easter Egg.
- Hell's Retriever is very effective against the Brutus.