The Haunted Mansion can be a difficult area to navigate. But it is necessary in order to access the Pack-A-Punch machine and get a free perk. The mansion itself has an easy to remember layout and could be quickly navigated. However, the Ghosts inside will rob you blind if you are not prepared to take them down.
In This Guide:
- A Description of the Haunted Mansion
- Items found in the Haunted Mansion
- Ways to enter and exit the Haunted Mansion
- What You Need To Know
Description of The Haunted Mansion
The Haunted Mansion looks like the type of condemned building that kids dare each other to enter. It is four stories high, but players can only enter three of those floors. On the outside it looks like an old wooden building with a large front porch and a tower like design.
There are several rooms on the inside of the Haunted Mansion. In order to enter the first room you need to climb over some rubble and drop down to the bottom of a staircase. You can either walk up the stairs, or take a sharp right to enter the room that has Double Tap. When you walk up the stairs you will pass through what looks like a bedroom. In the bedroom is a hidden passage behind a bookcase. The bookcase opens and shuts on its own and leads to a narrow passageway. There is another bedroom at the end of this passageway. After passing through the bedroom you can go down the hall, take a left, and drop out of the back of the Haunted Mansion.
You can not enter the back of the Haunted Mansion the same way you exited. Instead you will enter on the opposite side. You will drop down into a hole and take a hallway to the Library. From the Library you can walk up two separate flights of steps in order to drop into the Tunnels. The two sides of the Haunted Mansion are separated, but there is a hole in the wall. You can drop back into the starting area, but will have to walk back through the mansion and will not be able to walk out the front door.
Items In The Haunted Mansion
Most players will move quickly through the Haunted Mansion. However, there are some items hidden inside that can be very useful.
- Double Tap is located on the bottom floor in the room next to the entryway.
- A Teddy Bear for the Teddy Bear Song can be found in the same room as Double Tap. It is standing up, facing the corner.
- The MP5 is on the front outside wall of the Haunted Mansion. You can purchase this weapon while standing on the front porch.
- The Nav Card is located by two tipped over book cases when going from the Maze to the Town Area.
- There is a piano right before the tipped over book cases. This is the piano that will be played when getting the free perk for 'tipping the piano player'.
- A control panel can be found in the bedroom after the bookshelf passageway. It is used to complete the Bell step in the Maxis side of the Mined Games Easter Egg.
- Ghosts can be found inside the Haunted Mansion. They will drop perks at intervals no shorter than five rounds when the last Ghost is killed.
Entering and Exiting The Haunted Manison
When the game starts there is a barrier blocking entry into the front yard of the Haunted Mansion. The Giant can smash this barrier if he is fed Booze or players can fly over this area using the Paralyzer.
The front door cost 1250 points to open. There is no way around opening this door, as this is the only way to enter the Haunted Mansion from the Town Side. There is not any door that needs to be bought on the Maze side of the Haunted Mansion.
The Haunted Mansion can only be exited by taking the drop down on the back side or by taking the Tunnels back to the Town Area.
What You Need To Know
- A Ghost can be seen in the windows of the Haunted house.
- Targets appear inside the windows on the front of the Haunted Mansion during the Sharpshooter step of the Mined Games Easter Egg.
- When completing the Richtofen side of the Easter Egg the player with the Lantern will need to enter to Haunted Mansion in order to 'feed' Ghosts to the Lantern.
- The windows can indicate when the team can get a free perk from the Haunted Mansion. They will be lit up when the Ghosts are ready to leave as players enter.
monica on December 29, 2013:
One thing needed to know is you have to 'lead' Leroy the giant in the direction you want him to go. Place the 'bait' in the opposite direction you want him to go. Place it in front of him , he will eat it, and rampage the opposite direction he's facing when he eats or drinks the 'bait'.