Outside of my day job as a human resource professional, I am an avid gamer with a great passion for "Call of Duty."
The Saloon is a large building in the back corner of the Town Area. You will likely access this area multiple times in order to acquire the Booze. It can also be used to travel to several buildings by utilizing the roof.
In This Guide:
- Description of the Saloon
- Items Located in the Saloon
- Ways to Access and Exit the Saloon
- What You Need to Know
Description of the Saloon
The Saloon is exactly what I would expect to see in a western, minus the smart-mouthed bartender and the women of the night. It is a large building with a wrap-around porch and balcony. The Building is easy to spot due to the large 'Saloon' sign that hangs over the swinging doors on the front of the building.
The first floor of the Saloon is a large area with multiple round tables spread throughout the room. One side of the room is almost completely covered by a large bar and a piano. Next to the piano is a set of steps lead to the second floor. The second floor has a large walkway that would wrap around the entire bar if it was not broken. There are several small rooms that connect to the exterior balcony, these were likely the rooms used by the 'Red Light Ladies'. One of these small rooms instead connects to the Tunnels.
Items Located in the Saloon
- A Question Mark for Drawing a Wall Weapon is Located on the Balcony
- A possible location for the Key used to let the Giant out of his cage can be found in one of the small rooms on the second floor.
- The Colt M16A1 can be found on the first floor outside wall.
- Booze can appear in several locations inside the Saloon.
- The Register on the bar is used for buying Booze after you have used the free Booze.
- A Building Station is on the bottom floor of the Saloon.
- The dartboard used for getting the free perk for 'tipping' the piano player is between the Building Station and the Bar.
- The Piano that will start playing when you have correctly completed the dartboard portion of 'tipping' the piano player.
- The Bowie Knife is located on the steps.
- The Satellite Dish needed for the Guillotine is on the balcony.
Ways to Access and Exit the Saloon
The Saloon can be entered in various ways. The method used will depend on the equipment the player has, the amount of points the player has, and the player's desire for an easy route into the Saloon.
Method 1: Buying the Doors
The most obvious entry point is the front door, but it cost 1250 points to open. Once inside there is a couch blocking the stairs which costs an additional 750 points. This method of entry is ideal if you have the points to open it up.
Method 2: Entering From the Tunnels
There is a secondary entry point that will not cost the player anything. In order to use this entry point, the player will need to go through the top floor of the Sheriff's Office and across the walkway that leads to the Barn. Once in the barn, the player should drop down to the bottom floor and enter the tunnels. There is a gap that will need to be jumped in order to continue through the tunnels. The Tunnels will empty into the second floor of the Saloon shortly after this gap. From here the player can access the Key, the Chalk Question Mark, and the balcony. They can also drop down into the bottom floor of the Saloon, but will need to move the couch or open the door in order to get out of this room.
Method 3: The Paralyzer
The Paralyzer can also be used to enter the Saloon. Players can fly up to the balcony and drop down into the first floor of the Saloon. They can then use the Paralyzer to fly back up to the second floor of the Saloon.
Accessing Areas From the Saloon
From the Balcony, the player can either drop down to the road, jump across to the Candy Store, take the tracks into the Tunnels, or jump to the Gunsmith building. Players will often take this route in order to jump first to the Gunsmith building and then to the top floor of the Bank. This will allow them to drop down into the Bank without buying any doors. However, they can also go into the top floor of the Gunsmith and take the stairs to the bottom floor. Here they will find an underground passage that will lead to the Bank.
Taking the tracks to the Tunnels will lead to the area that has Quick Revive and the hole that drops into the Barn. However, the player will need to purchase a Couch for 750 points.
If the Trample Steam is already built, it can be placed on the steps of the Saloon in order to fling the player to the Candy Store. It can also be placed on the roof of the Gunsmith Building in order to send the player to the balcony of the Saloon.
What You Need to Know
- Players can also enter the Saloon in Borough Grief. The Building Station will already have a Buildable ready to go.
- The area outside of the Saloon is a popular area for running trains.
- There are many narrow passageways in the Saloon that can cause a player to be trapped, but there are also a lot of exits.
- One of the Crystal Balls for the Mined Games Easter Egg is located between the Saloon and the Candy Store.
- The Guillotine for the Richtofen side of the Mined Games Easter Egg is located between the Saloon and the Gunsmith.
© 2013 Edward D. Saterstad