Wardens Key, Alcatraz: Mob of the Dead - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Zombies
Getting the Wardens Key is the first step in Building The plane in Alcatraz. The plane is needed to fly to the Golden Gate Bridge and upgrade your weapons. There are two possible locations for the Wardens Key. It is out of reach and must be lowered in order for a player to grab it.
There are four steps for acquiring the key:
- Determine the location of the key
- Enter Afterlife
- Neutralize the power source
- Pick up the key
Find the Wardens Key
There are two possible locations for the Warden Key. Both locations are in the Cell Blocks close to the room that you start the game. The Keys themselves do not require you to buy any doors. However, you might need to open doors to get to the key locations.
The first key:
- Located outside of the Wardens Office.
- It is hanging from a chain.
- It can be found between the Wardens Office door and the entrance to the Citadel Tunnels.
The second key:
- Close to the front entrance to the Cafeteria.
- It is hanging from a chain.
- It can be found between the Cafeteria entrance and the Showers entrance.
In order to pick up the key it will need to be lowered within your reach. The first step in accomplishing this is to go into Afterlife. There is an electrical box on the wall close to both key locations. To enter Afterlife you will need to stand close to the box and press your action key. This will cause you to go down and become a ghost. However, this will not count as a down on the leader boards.
Once in Afterlife you will look for a portal in the cage on the second floor. It will be close to the key. In order to enter the portal you will need to levitate. Stand back from the portal and then levitate towards it. This will allow you to enter the portal. This can be tricky at first, but with practice you will be able to do this quickly.
Neutralize the Electricity to Lower the Wardens Key
After you enter the portal you will see a large Electrical Panel. The lights on this panel will be lit up. You can shoot electricity by pressing your trigger button. Aim at the electrical panel and shoot electricity. When this is done properly the lights on the electrical panel will turn off. You can now leave the portal and revive yourself.
Pick up the Wardens Key
Once the key is lowered it will be within reach. The key will remain in this position until a player picks it up. It is a good idea to pick it up right away. This key will be needed to collect the plane parts in order to build the plane. Approach the key and press your action button. You should no longer see the key on the chain, but should instead see it in the top left hand corner of your screen as a Key Icon.
What you should know
- Once the key is added to your inventory it stays there. It can be used to unlock all of the parts.
- All players in the game will be able to use the key regardless of who picked it up.
- You will need to build and fly in the plane in order to get The Golden Spork.
- When you are quick at entering the portal you should be able to accomplish several tasks in one Afterlife.