Writing is one of my several hobbies, and lists like the one below help me with writer's block every now and again.
The Best Gamers Often Have Cool Gaming Names
Coming up with a cool gamer name is almost a prerequisite nowadays if you're into playing video or computer games. Almost all the games out there have an online presence where you can play with others. Heck, even board games like chess and monopoly is online these days, and it doesn't look like the trend is going away anytime soon.
Playing games online with other people means one thing—you're gonna need a good online handle that others can call you. The one thing you don't want to do is be put on the spot to come up with a cool gamer nickname quickly, as that name will probably be taken 80 percent of the time. It's best to have a little list of some unique gaming names by your side, especially if you like going into those game rooms where you don't have to sign up. The list below should at the very least give you a good jumping off point for finding that perfect gamer name for yourself; thanks for giving it a chance. Good luck on your next gaming session... unless it's against me, that is.
Gamer Name Ideas for Guys
Key to Glory
Long Lost Ghost
Gamer Name Ideas for Girls
Care Bear Nine
Gamers Need Games - Nickname Ideas for Gamers From the Games Themselves
If you really like a certain game and want your gamer name to remind others of that particular game, the perfect solution is to come up with a name that has something to do with the game. The best way that I've found to do this is to have a pencil and paper while watching someone else playing the game, and writing down any ideas that come to you. This is very hard to do if you're playing the game, since you'll be concentrating on winning the game instead of recognizing cool puns or names. A site like Twitch is perfect for this, as you can pause the video to write down your idea and then continue watching the stream.
More Name Ideas for Gamers
- Faded Tiger: even tigers that are long in the tooth are dangerous as hell
- Loose Socks: a style of baggy Japanese socks worn by schoolgirls to express a rebellious nature against a strict dress code
- Lucky Duck: a gamer that is as good as they are lucky
- Mastodon: someone who is slow, large and imposing
- Virtual Panda: someone who is a big old cuddly panda bear in the online world, but a real monster in real life
- Mister Chief: just a play on Master Chief from the Halo games
- Screwdriver: a gamer who really puts it to the competition
- Trickster Spider: someone who plays weak but is actually dangerous
Gamer Names That Kick Butt
Eve of Destruction
Barber From Amsterdam
The Digital Spy
Read More From Levelskip
Coming Up With the Perfect Gamer Name
- When coming up with names within a team, try a few that are sympathetic to one another. For example, one teammates name is "Rocky", while another one's name is "Rocky's Hammer".
- Certain words placed before or after your first name can create a very cool gamer nickname.
- Having a mix of numbers, capitalized and lowercase letters as well as punctuation marks can make you name very unique, but may also make it harder to read and recognize. Think carefully before using too many of them.
- Don't be determined to use a certain name, no matter what. Most gamers regret using a name with numbers or underscores in them, plus those kinds of names are harder to promote unless you are really well known.
- One word gamer names are the most ideal, but very hard to get as most of the good ones are already taken unless you tweak them in some way. I can't tell you how many words you should use, but less words means your fans will remember you better.
How to Choose a Good Gaming Name or Find Creative Gamer Tags
How serious you should be when coming up with your gaming nickname depends on how serious you plan on making gaming (or something related) a career or serious side hustle. If you want to try and make some serious money in the future, try to come up with a name that's easy to promote and merchandise. Longer, more complicated names will cause nothing but confusion and headaches whenever trying to promote yourself or create merchandise.
Even More Gaming and Gamer Nicknames For Your Viewing Pleasure
Out of Pocket
Team Names for Gamers - Gaming Team Names That Will Rock the Competition
Whales of the Atlantic
Death Chill Gaming
The Howling Badgers
Lords of the Moor
Sirens of South Ridge
Mages of Hate
Ladies of Gaming
Everyone Has a Gaming Nickname - Even Cheaters Who've Never Been Caught
If you ever overlook a nickname that once belonged to a known cheater and decided to take it as your own, it would be probably be advisable to just take the L and re-think your situation. If people don't really know the cheater in question it may not be that big of a deal, but using a once famous gamer's nickname (even by mistake) is very risky. That's why you should always do a little bit of research.
Funny Gamer Name Suggestions
Id the Kid
Rocky Mountain Rooster
Dog Won't Hunt
Gamer Name Ideas That Need A Little Explaining
- Bad Box: to be caught in a really bad situation
- Black Shuck: a ghostly black dog that roams England's countryside
- Double Top: someone who has been on top of the gaming mountain more than once
- Footloose: someone who likes to break out in dance... often
- Good Theater: a dramatic gamer who has lots of clips made of them
- Gray Phoenix: someone older who has risen from the ashes with a new career
- Primordial: a gamer who has been around since the beginning
- Rainbow Serpent: sneaky person who always wears bright, colorful clothes
© 2022 Don