I combine my love for complicated video games with my ability to write how to articles to develop articles for strategy games.
The Fish Trap can be used to catch edible fish in DayZ. It can be used as an alternative to the Improvised Fishing Pole, but it does not require the player to stand out in the open while waiting for a fish to bite. The fish trap is easy to craft, but it will require fishing bait in order to be effective.
In This Guide:
- Tools and Ingredients
- Steps for Crafting The Small Fish Trap
- Using the Small Fish Trap
- Useful Information
Tools and Ingredients
- Machete, Kitchen Knife, Military Knife, Hunting Knife, or Stone Knife
- A Water Bottle
- Fishing Bait
Steps for Crafting the Small Fish Trap
- Find a sharp tool and a water bottle.
- Drink the water from the bottle if it is not already empty.
- Drag and drop the water bottle onto your machete.
- When the menu appears, select the option "Craft Improvised Fish Trap."
- When the animation is finished, your Small Fish Trap will appear in place of the water bottle in your inventory.
- Drag and drop your Fish Bait onto your Small Fish Trap.
- Select the option "add fish bait to your Small Fish Trap."
- Wait for the animation to finish.
Using the Small Fish Trap
The Small Fish Trap can be thrown into a body of water. This option will become available when you approach a body of water with the trap in your hand. It can take several minutes to see results, which can include catching a fish or losing your fishing bait.
- The Fishing Bait can also be attached the fishing pole.
- You can throw multiple Small Fish Traps in the water to increase the chances of a successful catch.
- The fish can be cooked after using a sharp tool to prepare it, so don't get rid of that tool after using it to craft the trap.
- This is one of two traps currently available in DayZ. You can also craft a Rabbit Snare.
- The water bottle can also be used to water your plants, but not after slicing it open for use in a fishing trap.
- The water bottle can also be used to craft an improvised silencer.