Year Walk Guide - The Myling and Brook Horse
Locate the Brook Horse
Okay, so you've just found the Huldra and you nearly died from a heart attack only to find that the key, that you risked a heart attack for, has turned into water as soon as you touched it. No worries! This is a clue for the second part of the game, Searching for a horse....
To find the Brook Horse, you need to go down from the tree where the Huldra disappeared into. Pan left and go down the first chance you get to. Move past the rune stone to the left and head down again. Finally move all the way to the left until you see a log with water underneath it, go down from there and move to the right to find the Brook Horse.
For the people who don't like to read sentences:
You should see a horse head floating just above the water, click on him and drag him up. He'll show you a ghastly shadow of crying babies.
The First Myling
This one can either be the easiest or the hardest to find, depends on whether you're reading a guide or playing on you own. Although it's a bit tricky to find, it is very, very, very easy to do this.
Finding the First Myling
- Click on the encyclopedia icon at the top right corner of the screen. If you're sharp you would have noticed that this button turned bloody as soon as you interacted with the Brook Horse.
- Choose the Myling entry, which is on the lower left most of the encyclopedia.
- Scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the page and no you don't have to read everything. You'll find the Myling hidden at the very bottom of the page.
- Click on the Myling and the encyclopedia will close by itself, then the Brook Horse will take the Myling.
The Second Myling
The second Myling is a bit tricky, mainly due to the fact that Year Walk was originally an iOs game and since PC don't always have the touch screen capacity, the developers worked their way around the problem.
Finding the Second Myling
- Go left and move forward once you get back to the log.
- Pan left after crossing the log and keep going until you see drops of blood on the snow.
- Enter the small building where the blood trail leads.
- Press U on your keyboard and pull on the metal tab that's holding the door in place.
- Press N on your keyboard and once again pull on the metal tab that's passing through it to unlock the door.
- Click on the door and pull on it, you'll find the second Myling inside.
- Take the Myling and don't let go of it, meaning to say don't remove your finger from the mouse or that Myling will disappear and return to where you found it.
- Go back to the Brook Horse and he'll take the Myling from you.
The Third Myling
The third Myling is located on the mill where you met your lady love before you started year walking. Of course that doesn't mean that this game is going to make it easy for you, or your heart to find that Myling.
Finding the Third Myling
- Pan left and cross the log once again.
- Move to the left towards where you found the blood trail of the second Myling and go forward near the puddle where the blood trail starts.
- Move left again and go forward to the campfire and up again on the next area.
- Move left, then forward on the broken fence.
- Move left and forward when you see the windmill.
- Go all the way to the left and you'll see another blood trail, but this time it's coming from above the windmill.
- Enter the mill, then click and turn the wheels on the bottom left corner of the screen, periodically check outside if you've turned the wheel enough for the Myling to be seen.
- Take the Myling once it's low enough to be shown on your screen and bring it back to the Brook Horse.
The Fourth Myling
Ah the last one. This Myling was the second hardest to find, mainly because I suck at directions and kept getting lost around the forest especially because I was trying for the Lost achievement. It's also the second hardest to obtain, cause it's confusing. The good thing is that if you're sick of going left, it's time to go right. Cheesy pun intended.
Finding the Fourth Myling
- Pan left once again and cross the log.
- Go right and keep going until you see the small rocks that are stacked together, when you see these, go forward.
- Go right, past the rune stone and up on the only available path to take.
- Move all the way to the left and you'll see a blood trail that leads to a wagon, like the old horse wagons they used to transport goods.
- Click on the wagon and move it all the way to the right. This is the confusing part, I thought that you would need to hit the wagon on the rock but apparently you have to move the wagon away from the rock.
- Move the wagon to the right again after it automatically hits the rock by itself and the last Myling will pop-up from behind it.
- Click the Myling and bring it back to the Brook Horse.
The puzzle is finished now, you only have to do one more thing and that is to click on the key that you need. Which will of course predictably get stolen again, cause Simogo just wants to see you suffer when they take it away from you for the second time.
No comments yet.