"Archeage": A Gathering Guide for Perinoor Ruins, Hasla, and Rokhala Mountains
Archeage is one of the MMO games that my husband and I play when we have a little spare time. I love the graphics and the tongue-in-cheek inventiveness of the game, but I'm not a game reviewer and I'm not here to review the game. One of my favorite things to do while playing is to roam the countryside gathering and collecting things. As I roamed around different areas I started writing down where I found local resources, like metals, meats, ground plants, and trees. I found the notes quite useful, and I hope you will too. This article covers the areas of Perinoor Ruins, Hasla, and Rokhala Mountains.
- Perinoor Ruins is a tropical zone on the continent of Haryana and is a level 46-48 zone.
- Hasla is a temperate zone on the continent of Haryana and is a level 48-49 zone.
- Rokhala Mountains is a temperate zone on the continent of Haryana. This zone is a peaceful housing zone.
Trees in Archeage are a valuable and versatile resource, just as they are in the real world. Trees can provide not only wood, which can be used to craft furniture and houses, but they can also be harvested for fruits or nuts that can be used in cooking and crafting. There are several varieties of trees that grow in these three areas. Those who prefer to gather crafting supplies to sell rather than to use themselves will find that they can earn a tidy sum selling wood for lumber.
- Avocado trees can be found along the road west of the Archeology Base Camp and just outside of the main ruins in the Perinoor Ruins area. They are smaller trees and can be difficult for some people to spot. When fruited, these trees provide between four and six avocados and cutting them down nets two to three logs. A few Avocado trees can also be found in Rokhala Mountains near the towns.
- Rubber trees grow near Blackwood Ramparts. Trees do not provide fruit, but they can be trimmed for gathering proficiency. Cutting a Rubber tree down in Archeage nets you approximately 14 wood each time and occasionally provides a unit of natural rubber, which is used in machining.
- Apple trees, which can be found in the Jadegale area of Hasla, can be harvested for apples or can be cut down for two to three logs each. There are also a few apple trees scattered around the village near the cloud bridge in the Rokhala mountains.
- Harvestable bamboo trees can frequently be found in and around the mature and decorative bamboo trees that grow in the Tigris Greenwood area.
- A few scattered Bay trees grow near the populated towns in the Rokhala Mountains region.
- Cedar trees thrive in the northern portions of the Rokhala Mountains. You can gain gathering proficiency by tending to them or you can harvest the tree for around six to nine logs.
Fruits, vegetables, flowers, and medicinal herbs can all be found growing on the ground in Archeage, ready to be harvested. Be aware that some of the ground plants improve gathering proficiency while others improve farming proficiency instead.
- There is an abundance of cotton plants all around the Archeology Base Camp in the Perinoor Ruins area which provide gathering proficiency.
- Peanuts and potatoes can be found throughout the Perinoor Ruins region, although they are most plentiful near the Archeology Base Camp and near the City Ruins. Peanuts provide gathering proficiency while potatoes provide farming.
- A few wild crops can be found in Stonehew in Perinoor Ruins, as well as in the tainted farmland area of Hasla. Collecting wild crops earns you gathering proficiency and a random seed to plant and grow.
- Azaleas can be sometimes be collected near the Skysteps in Hasla and can be found growing near apple trees in the Rokhala Mountains. These flowers provide gathering proficiency when harvested.
- Clubhead fungus and cornflowers, which both provide gathering proficiency, are found throughout Hasla. They are particularly abundant in the tainted farmland area, but it should be noted that the tainted farmland is crawling with aggressive level 46 and 47 hooded helltraps, giant bees, and spotted centipedes.
- Picking lilies either near Farmers’ Rest or by the cemetery in Hasla will increase your gathering proficiency
- Strawberries and wild crops can be found in the dangerous tainted farmland area of Hasla, and a few additional strawberry plants can be found around the Temhi Ruins. The strawberry plants near Temhi Ruins are frequently in a wilted state and may require organic fertilizer.
- Thistles, which grow in and around the Temika Tribe camp in Hasla and the towns of the Rokhala Mountains, increase gathering proficiency.
- The Rokhala Mountains are blanketed in Yams, which provide farming experience; they are everywhere.
- The pond in the northern part of the Rokhala Mountain shelters a few Irises for harvesting, which provides gathering proficiency.
Minerals and Meats
There are fewer harvestable meats and minerals in Archeage than there are fruits and vegetables. Stone and other minerals can be used in crafting armor or housing, while meats can be utilized in recipes to increase cooking proficiencies.
- If you are looking for ducks, you will want to head towards Hasla. Not only is there a group of ducks on the third level of Galegarden (across from Arto, Ingbard Loyalist), and near the Tehmika Tribe camp, but you can also find ducks throughout the tainted farmland, although you are likely to run into a large number of aggressive creatures when looking for ducks in the swamp. You can harvest duck down from ducks, once they have been fed, and they provide four units of meat when butchered. If the duck is not ready for butchering, it will list the action as “needless butchering” and provide only a single unit of meat. Diseased ducks can not be harvested from or butchered until they have been cured.
- There isn’t much in the way of mining in either Perinoor Ruins or Hasla, but stone piles can be found all along the roads in the Rokhala Mountains area. It is important to wait a few seconds before moving on when mining stone in Archeage. Mining regular stone will often uncover a Fortuna vein, which yields valuable metals such as iron and silver.
- There are also a few goats in Jadegale in Hasla that give wool for a quest, but the wool from these goats is only for the quest and cannot be sold at market.
Did I miss anything?
That is the extent of the resources I have been able to discover in Perinoor Ruins, Hasla, and the Rokhala Mountains. but I'm always glad to hear from anyone who has found any that I haven't yet listed. Just let me know in the comments! (I really like finding new things.) I will be heading over to Nuia for the next guide!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Penny Leigh Sebring