I am a writer in Fort Collins, CO. My writing on HubPages is based on a lifelong fascination with animals and nature—even virtual nature!
Archeage is one of the MMO games that my husband and I play when we have a little spare time. I love the graphics and the tongue-in-cheek inventiveness of the game, but I'm not a game reviewer and I'm not here to review the game. One of my favorite things to do while playing is to roam the countryside gathering and collecting things. As I roamed around different areas I started writing down where I found local resources, like metals, meats, ground plants, and trees. I found the notes quite useful, and I hope you will too. This article covers the areas of Rookborne Basin and Windscour Savannah.
- Rookborne Basin is a temperate area on the continent of Haryana and is a level 40–44 zone
- Windscour Savannah is an arid area on the continent of Haryana and is a level 43–45 zone
Trees are a valuable resource in Archeage just as they are in the real world. They provide several types of fruits and nuts that can be used in crafting and cooking. They can also be cut down for wood, which can then be used for crafting products from furniture to houses. Those who prefer to gather without crafting will find that they can earn a tidy sum selling wood for lumber.
- Apple trees, which provide apples when fruited and two or three logs each when cut down, can be found in several places around Rookborne Basin. They dot the White Knoll Encampment as well as the road to Loka’s Steps from Loka’s Checkmate, but are especially abundant where the bears gather between the Loka’s Steps and Loka’s Checkmate.
- Ash trees can be found near Grassea in Rookborne Basin. While they do not provide any fruit, they do offer gathering proficiency when trimmed and cutting them down yields 12-14 logs.
- Moringa trees are the only trees that thrive in the arid environment of Windscour Savannah. They provide Moringa fruit when fruited and about six logs when chopped down.
Ground plants can be harvested for use as crafting material, food, or medicines. Some ground plants provide gathering proficiency while others provide farming proficiency.
- Millet can be found growing throughout Rookborne Basin although it is most abundant in the southern portions of the region and growing along the roads near Loka’s steps. Harvesting millet provides farming proficiency.
- Keep an eye out for Cultivated Ginsing when traveling along the road from Loka’s Steps to Grassea in Rookborne Basin. Harvesting this medicinal herb adds to your gathering proficiency.
- Lotus Flowers, which provide gathering proficiency, can be found floating along the banks of the rivers in Rookborne Basin. There are often large clusters of lotus near the bridges.
- Mint plants thrive along the shores of the rivers and lakes in Windscour Savannah, particularly along the shores of the lake south of Firesnarl.
- Aloe is another gathering proficiency plant that thrives in the arid climate of Windscour Savannah. It can be found here and there throughout the region but it grows thickest near the towns of Firetalon and Scarsteppe.
- Keep an eye open when traveling through the Boneherder Detector area. There is often Wheat growing here, which gives farming proficiency when harvested.
- Wild Crops can sometimes be found dotting the areas around the towns of Firetalon and Scarsteppe.
Minerals and Meats
- Stone piles can be found throughout both the Rookborne Basin and the Windscour Savannah, but they are most plentiful near the rocky mountains in both areas and near the fast-moving rivers in the Rookborne Basin. It is important to wait a few seconds before moving on when mining stone. Often a Fortuna vein, which yields valuable metals such as iron and silver, will be uncovered after mining a stone pile.
- Cows can be found at the village of Grassea in Rookborne Basin, but the villagers of Grassea are not allies so it can be a bit dangerous to go after these cows, but livestock such as cows can be worth the risk. If you feed hungry adult cows they will provide you with milk, and butchering an adult cow provides between 15-20 units of meat as well as several pelts. Butchering calves before they grow up only provides one unit of meat and no pelts. If you are looking for slightly easier cattle to wrangle, a herd of cows can also be found at Arida Ranch in Windscour Savannah.
- If you are looking for sheep, Arida Ranch between the road and the river near Kapagan Steppe in Windscour Savannah is a great place to find them. There are several sheep here, which can be healed, fed, and harvested, depending on their current status. A sick sheep can be healed and a thriving sheep can be shorn to collect wool or butchered for several units of meat. Once a sheep has been shorn it is considered weakened and will not provide as many meat units if butchered in this state. Lambs that are butchered before adulthood provide only one unit of meat and no wool.
Did I Miss Anything?
That is the extent of the resources I have been able to discover in Rookborne Basin and Windscour Savannah, but I'm always glad to hear from anyone who has found any that I haven't yet listed. Just let me know in the comments! (I really like finding new things.) I will be covering Perinoor Ruins, Hasla, and possibly Rokhala Mountains next time!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
Question: Please make these guides for Nuia too?
Answer: Nuia is the next continent on the list.
© 2020 Penny Leigh Sebring
Penny Leigh Sebring (author) from Fort Collins on June 14, 2020:
shuupee, I didn't encounter it in the wilds of Haryana, but I've barely begun my exploration of Nuia. Life has been demanding of my time lately. I have discovered the occasional Rye seed in wild crops, and I suspect it grows wild on Nuia somewhere. I will post here if I notice it growing.
shuupee on June 14, 2020:
love your pages, but yet to find Rye, can you help me where to gather it?
Penny Leigh Sebring (author) from Fort Collins on January 07, 2020:
It is, and it has a free to play option!
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on January 07, 2020:
I've never played an MMO game, but I enjoyed learning about the virtual world that you've described. Archeage sounds like an interesting game to explore.