Jade is a gaming enthusiast. Her decades of experience in gaming drive her passion to explore mobile gaming.
The Drawbacks of This Crafting Level
Farming exquisite armor scraps is not as quick as farming normal armor scraps. You won't get the same plentiful drop rate. A lot of people tell me that this is the point when they get frustrated enough to just buy their crafting.
Most mobs that drop exquisite scraps drop them at the same rate: 6 or 7 for every 20 kills. Don't be fooled by trolls who tell you to farm them in Vega Square, although it's actually not a bad place to farm when it's empty.
Farming in the Swamp of Wyrms
Exquisite armor scraps drop in the tail end of Swamp of Wyrms and the beginning of the Whispering Islands. The best spot to farm these scraps is in the Swamp of Wyrms. The drop rate is a little higher, and the enemy level is a little lower.
It used to be really easy to buy these on the auction house. Back then, the prices were cheap. Now, I would recommend farming them. If you can just push through this level of crafting, then you have one less slab stone to buy with real money.
Farming Salty Swamp Fishfolk
My favorite place to farm exquisite armor scraps is near Wyrgast's Library in the Swamp of Wyrms. The drop rate is around 6 for 20, but there are many other attractions to make this area worth the time spent farming:
- The Salty Swamp Fish Folk also drop wool, which will keep garment makers happy.
- Foundry workers are not left out. There is an ample amount of primal and marcasite ore in the area, too.
- Leatherworkers won't find much fur here, but they (and everyone else) might enjoy killing the Rare Blood Enemy found on the shore by the ship.
- The Swamp Fish King helps you with the hunter achievement. He also drops level 30 to 40 greens and blues.
- There is a chest in the area that usually has food, scrolls, and sometimes wool inside it.
Salty Fish Folk Location
To get to the Salty Fish Folk, you will need to teleport to the far right of the Swamp of Wyrms. The teleporter is on a little island, which makes you fall off your mount. Head southeast from the teleporter and you will find yourself on a large beach.
- The Fish Folk are in the ruins around the area. They are level 27, so, you can start farming these pretty early out in the game.
- There is a ship on the shore; the rare blood walks by it.
- One word of warning: If you are a lower level, do not venture too far southeast. There are some high-level epic trolls down the beach. They are there for the soul signet daily quests.
Salty Fish Folk
Farming Hill Sathion Guards and Wardens
Another easy place to farm exquisite armor scraps is east of Port Verecy. Down the road just a bit, past the orc outpost, is a group of sathions. They are called Sathion Hill Guards and Sathion Hill Wardens. They are both level 28. There are enough enemies here that the first ones you killed respawn by the time your finishing up the last ones.
- The drop rate is 5 or 6 per 20 kills. Again, as your crafting gets higher level, it takes longer to farm each type of material.
- There is one chest, and an ore respawn point inside the camp. I have seen both primal iron and marcasite ore there.
- On a side note, you are just a hop skip and a jump from a lesser known mount point. If you get bored grinding, you can pop up there and check for a mount.
Hill Sathion Guard and Warden Location
The Hill Sathion Guard and Wardens that drop exquisite armor scraps are not in a specific location. They are technically a part of the orc village. To get there, the best place to teleport is Port Verecy and head east. They are located along the road just before the first actual road on the map to the north. At level 28, they are simple and easy.
To get to the mount location near here, you take that first road to the north. It brings you in to Dunwichmoor, where the mount roams all the way near the back.
Sathion Hill Guard
Sathion Hill Warden
© 2014 Jade Griffin
Omorfia on April 21, 2016:
Thnx a lot fir the article!
Will on August 14, 2014: