How to Use the Auction House to Get Rich on "Order and Chaos"
Welcome to the Auction House
Start With an Alt
There are a lot of reasons to use an alt for the auction house. If you use one with intent, then you will find yourself making a lot more gold, freeing up your main toons inventory, and you will lose fewer items to people who want you to give it away for free, or sell it at a price that feels that way.
Here is why you should use an alt to make money on the auction house:
- Your main will have more bag space for important items.
- You can sell items without people knowing it's you.
- Helps keep your mains mail box free from being filled with unsold auctions and sales.
- Anonymity lets you experiment with the best ways to make gold.
- You will make more money.
- It's easier.
Where to use the Auction House
To use the auction house on Order and Chaos, you must be at one of the locations. Each location is in a different land. However, all auction houses share the same technology. You can't just open up the auction house in this MMORPG, you actually have to go there.
Items put up in one land can be seen from all the others. This means all of the other players can buy and sell from the same place, even though there toon might be located someplace else. Auctions are mostly real-time, with little to no delay from the time you buy the item to when it appears in your mailbox, the same is true of sales.
While you are out in the world, you will see items dropping from enemies. These items can be stored in your inventory and then placed on the auction house. Vendors and merchants will buy these same items but at a tiny fraction of the price. Real people are willing to may much more.
What you Use Gold for in "Order and Chaos"
"Order and Chaos" uses multiple forms of currency. Gold is the in-game standard, and can be earned in many ways. It is also used in many different ways. If you are wondering if you need gold, the answer is YES.
Here is a list of what you need gold for in OAC:
- Bond stones
- Riding permits
- Bag space
- Bank Space
- And much, much more!
Auction House Icon
Getting to The First Auction House in Order and Chaos
There are more auction house locations than you might realize. The first auction house you encounter is in Greenmont, the capital of Haradon. Or, perhaps you won't get to Greenmount right away, and the first auction house you find will be in Belloshaol. Hopefully you have found one before you make it to the Grey Market.
Characters who are not in the Arcadian Forest (where Greenmont is located) will be able to teleport to the city at around level 6. Once you make your way to the capital city, open your map and look for a green circle with what looks to be a gavel. I recommend you get your alts bag space open ASAP, and then station them at your favorite AH.
You can zoom in on the map, to see it a little better. The auction house in Greenmont is near the inn, a treasure chest bank and your mailbox. It is located right next to the teleporter, so it's easy to find.
Check Current Prices First
Don't throw items up on the auction house before you know how much others are selling them fore. It's fine to have your own set of reasonable prices, but don't undercut so much that you blow the whole market out. Just try to remember the rules of supply and demand when you learn to make money on "Order and "Chaos".
Tips for selling on the AH:
- Learn your competitors prices.
- If your price is too much higher than other prices, then an item won't sell.
- If it is priced to low, someone gets a deal, but you lose out on gold.
- Keep prices as fair as possible.
- Build a good reputation with buyers and get regular customers.
- Each item fits into its own category.
- First you select the mail category, then a sub-category and then search.
- Filter the results by pressing on the words above the auctions, such as 'Auctioneer' and 'Present Price'.
- Hit present price twice and you will see auctions priced low to high.
How to Sell and Item - Actionable
Selling items is more complicated but very fruitful.
- Click "Auction" at the top (just to the right of "Bid"), you are taken to your inventory.
- Drag, or add, the item, so it is at the top of the left hand side of the screen
- Choose a bid price, which will be lower than the buy-out price.
- Select a buy-out price. If you have already checked prices, you will earn the most.
- Select an auction time. For materials select 12 hours, and for gear and scrolls press 48 hours.
- Hit the auction button at the bottom.
- Wait to reap the rewards.
Beginners guide to selling at the Order and Chaos auction house.
After you spend time window shopping, you might like to buy items from the auction house. Buying is not complicated. If you tap the item a screen will pop up asking you to bid or buy. The conformation will prevent you from buying something by accident.
When you select 'buy', the money is removed from your bag and the item sent to your mailbox. If you bid on an item, then the money will be removed from your bag and held until the auction is over, or you are outbid. If someone else bids higher than you then your money will be returned to your mailbox.
*Note: Once you place a bid, you cannot get your money back unless someone else outbids you. There is no way to cancel a bid, so think carefully when placing them.
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Jade Griffin