Guide: How to get a RuneScape Skull Scepter
The Skull Scepter is an item that may be obtained in RuneScape. It can be used to teleport to Gunnarsgrunn (formerly known as Barbarian Village) 5 times, before it disintegrates and disappears.
The Skull Scepter is a status symbol for F2P players, due to the time and levels required to get it. The teleports are also very useful, although they are not often used due to the time it takes to make another Scepter once you have used all its teleports.
This guide will show you how to get everything you need to easily make your own RuneScape Skull Scepter, quickly and easily.
Table of Contents
- How to Make a Skull Scepter
- Recommended Equipment
- The Stronghold of Security
- First Piece - Right Skull Half
- Second Piece - Bottom of Scepter
- Third Piece - Left Skull Half
- Fourth Piece - Top of Scepter
- Making a Skull Scepter
- Tips and Tricks for Success
How to Make a Skull Scepter
The Skull Scepter is created by combining 4 pieces, which are dropped by monsters in the Stronghold of Security.
- Right skull half - dropped by Minotaurs (levels 12-27)
- Bottom of scepter - dropped by Flesh Crawlers (levels 28-41)
- Top of scepter - dropped Catablepons (level 49-68)
- Left skull half - dropped by Ankous (level 75-86)
The pieces are a relatively rare drop, so you may need to kill many of them in order to get the piece.
As you can see, you will need to kill some relatively high levelled monsters. All of these use melee, so you should use some armour with a good melee defence bonus, such as Rune.
You will also want to fill up your inventory with good food, such as Lobsters. The Stronghold is a relatively long distance from a bank, so the fewer times you have to bank to stock up on food, the faster you will be able to get your Sceptre.
The Stronghold of Security
As stated above, the Skull Scepter is dropped in pieces by monsters in the Stronghold of Security, which can be found in the Barbarian Village, also known as Gunnarsgrunn.
To enter it, simply climb down the hole near the mine. You will enter a dark cave - the Stronghold of Security.
First piece - Right Skull Half
The first piece of the Skull Scepter is the 'Right Skull Half'. You can get this by killing level 12 - 27 Minotaurs, which can be found on the first level of the stronghold (the Vault of War).
For those of you who have never been into the Stronghold of Security before, you will need to answer questions on account security in order to pass through the doors - they are all relatively easy, however, and shouldn't prove a problem for most players.
You will need to kill the Minotaurs until you receive a Skull Right Half as a drop. Take care to check all the drops on the ground so you don't miss it.
The map below shows the locations of the Minotaurs.
Second Piece - Bottom of Scepter
The second piece of the Skull Scepter is the 'Bottom of Sceptre'. You can get this by killing the level 28 - 41 Flesh Crawlers, which can be found on the second level of the stronghold (Catacomb of Famine).
If you have completed the Stronghold of Security before, you can simply go back to the starting room (where you first entered) and enter the portal there to go to the final room, and then go down the stairs to get to the second level.
If not, you will have to go through the Stronghold to the 'Gift of Peace', answering questions as you go, and then use the stairs. You can use the map above to help so you don't get lost.
As with last time, simply kill the Flesh Crawlers until you get a Bottom of Scepter.
The map below shows the locations of the Flesh Crawlers.
Third Piece - Top of Scepter
The third part is the 'Top of Sceptre'. You can get this piece by killing the level 49 - 68 Catablepons, which are on the third level (the Pit of Pestilence).
As before, go to the treasure room ('Grain of Plenty') and go down to the next level.
Again, kill the Catablepons until you get a Top of Scepter.
The map below shows the locations of the Catablepons.
Final Piece - Left skull half
The fourth and final piece is the 'Left Skull Half'. You can get this piece by killing the level 75 - 86 Ankou, which are on the fourth level.
To get to the fourth level, go to the 'Box of Health', and head down the ladder as before.
Kill the Ankou until you get a Left Skull Half.
The map below shows the locations of the Ankou.
Making a Skull Scepter
Once you have all three pieces:
- Right skull half
- Bottom of scepter
- Top of scepter
- Left skull half
You can make your Skull Scepter! Use the left skull half on the right skull half to make a strange skull, then the bottom of scepter and top of scepter to make a runed scepter. Finally, use this on the strange skull to make your Skull Sceptre!
Tips and Tricks for Success
- The pieces are a rare drop, so don't give up if you kill lots of monsters and don't get one. Just keep trying!
- Although you can only own one Skull Scepter at a time, you can own as many pieces of one as you like. This means that once you finish one Scepter, you can simply make another one with the parts you own.
- You may want to bring strength potions, and if your P2P, attack and defence potions, to make killing the monsters easier.
- The Stronghold is a dangerous area, so don't bring anything you don't want to lose!
- If you make your Scepter whilst wearing Varrock Armour 1, or above (members only), it will have 10 teleports, rather than 5.