Swamp of Wyrms Mount Spawn Points
In the world of Order and Chaos, mounts spawn in several different areas.
Scroll down and you will find out about these, in this order:
- Swamp of Wyrms (SOW)
- Necromancers Academy
- Akan's Field
- The Eye of the Swamp
Mount Spawn Location Video: Overview
Trapping in SOW
There is no easier place to trap a mount than in the Swamp of Wyrms.
- You are introduced to the Swamp at level 20. This is when your character can learn to ride mounts. You need to take a trip back to Greenmont for your riding skills.
- If you have bought your riding skill and bond stones, you can catch and ride any level 1 mount. At level 40, you can ride level 2 mounts.
- Level 1, 2, and 3 mounts spawn in the Swamp of Wyrms.
- However, there is only one level 3 (epic) mount in the Swamp of Wyrms.
- There are no trappable pets in the Swamp of Wyrms, only vanity pets.
- Most of the mounts you find in this zone are levels 1 and 2.
- Almost every kind of level 1 and 2 mount has a chance to spawn in this zone.
- However, each location has preset types of mounts which spawn in each spot.
- The type of mount that spawns in each spot is selected from the preset list. Some mounts have higher spawn chance percentage than others.
- There are some mounts that are always more rare, but those are all level 2 or 3.
- There are 6 mount spawn points in the Swamp of Wyrms.
- Remember, if one mount is caught, another spawns in a new location.
- To find a mount, you will need to go to each location in the zone until you find the mount.
- If it is a mount you can not use, or do not want, the next mount needs to be caught to make another spawn.
- If it is caught, then the mount could spawn in any of the locations.
- If you do not have bond stones, then announce the mount in guild or global to get someone to catch it.
Mount Trapping at Bordhill
In the land of Haradon in OAC, Bordhill is another easy place to catch a mount.
- The easiest mount to catch spawns is down below the bridge near the well.
- To get there, teleport to Bordhill and head north up the road.
- The road curves downward and splits. At the split, get off the road.
- You should see the giant skeleton and a well.
- If you are above level 25, you have been to the well before, for a quest.
- Head behind the skeleton and well and you will see a small hill and a flat area next to it.
- The mount walks in the small flat area, just back and forth right there.
- You may also see a large, blue, four-legged epic enemy here: This is one of the enemies needed for the Rareblood / Hunter Achievement.
- You might as well take him out and kill two birds with one stone. But he only spawns every few hours, so you might not see him at all.
Mount Catching Near Necromancers Academy
If you do not find a mount at Bordhill, or if you caught one and are ready to go on to the next area, then it is time to head north. You can either walk up the road, or teleport to Necromancers Academy.
- The next mount location is across the road from the Necro Teleporter, up on the cliff face. This is a bit difficult to find at first.
- You know you are there when you see a flat part with a pond, orange spiders, and a hill with roots on it.
- The mount spawns near the pond and walks through the spiders, down the hill, and back up, where he will stand before he goes around again.
- Lots of mounts could spawn here, but I have mostly seen level 1 horses and chinchillas.
- The time it takes it to walk one circle is about the time it takes most people's bond stone to cool down.
Mount Hunting in Glimmermoor
The next mount location you'll want to hit is just southwest of Glimmermoor.
If you are at the last mount location,
- Head east to the road.
- The road will turn into brambles. There will be a green hill on the west side of the road.
- Go up and over the hill. Where the mount will spawn, there is a flat part with a Swamp Creeper.
If you start at the teleporter,
- You need to head southwest, cross the road, and go in the small dead end.
Once you're there:
- I have seen all kinds of mounts here. The last one I caught at this location was a level 2 Shadow Lion. Before that, it was violet deer.
- This is another mount that does not really go anywhere, just walks around that small area.
- You might also see the Swamp Giant when out here. If you do, down him. He is a part of the Rare Blood Achievement.
Mount Catching in Dunwichmoor
Dunwichmoor is located all the way at the top of the map.
- When you open the map, the words "Swamp of Wyrms" are over it, and when they go away, you can see where the next mount roams.
- It walks just southwest of Eoltarbold, through the marshy area.
- If you open the map, you will see a road south of Eoltarbold. Where the road dead ends, the mount spawns. It walks west along the road, goes north at the first right, walks around the island, and goes back to where it spawns.
- This is a very challenging spot to find, but once you know where it is, you will learn to get there quickly.
- There are many mobs around, so level 20s might find this place to be quite deadly.
- I have seen lots of mounts here, too. Horses, undead dogs, and chins, mostly.
Mount Hunting in Akan's Field
Your next destination on your quest to catch a great mount will be the most challenging yet.
IMPORTANT: There is a quest as you enter Arkans from the town of Glimmermor. This quest gives you FREE war free bonds. Pick these up ASAP and use wisely to protect yourself in PVP zones.
- Akan's Field is a PVP area where level 1, 2, and 3 mounts spawn.
- This is where the Glimmermoor Rangers Stag (deer) spawns.
- Almost any mount could spawn here, but it seems to be heavy on chinchillas.
- On some servers, catching a mount here is easy, and in other places, it is near impossible if you don't have a team.
- Some servers have rules about catching mounts in PVP areas.
- On PVE servers such as Whispering Islands (Android), it is against the rules of etiquette to attack people who are mount-hunting, unless there is a war.
- On PVP servers such as Whispering Islands (IOS) and Arcadian Forest (Android), you are likely to see PVP over mounts.
- The mounts in Arkon's Field can walk any number of routes, all around the field. There are at least 3 or 4 different routes to take.
- You will need to familiarize yourself with Akan's Field to successfully mount-hunt here.
- If you see a global broadcast about the stag, there is a good chance it might be gone if you don't get to Akan's Field.
Mount Hunting in the Eye of the Swamp
Your last stop on your mount-hunting journey is the Eye of the Swamp.
- This is one of the more confusing areas in the game and if you came through Arman's, you're flagged PVP.
- The Eye of the Swamp is located next to Relics Key dungeon.
- All kinds of level 1 and 2 mounts spawn here. My last catch in the area was the Blue Hyacinthine Detecting Dog, a level 2 undead dog.
- The mount that spawns here makes a big circle all the way around the swamp. It will pass at least two of the large skeletons and go through every type of enemy.
- It will pass by some alligators near some bones, go by the big purple spiders, and up over the hill with the sparkly plant.
- It will continue on, and walk by the portal to the dungeon. Then it will head north and back around.
- That is it: If you can't find a mount, then start over in the first location.
- Other people may catch a mount quickly before you get there, so you may need to circle the area more than once to find the first mount.
- Every time you catch one, another one will spawn in the area.
- If you catch enough, you will force-spawn the Glimmermoor stag, the easiest to force spawn.
All Epic Mount Spawn Locations
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Jade Griffin