"Ragnarok Online": Alchemist Job Change Quest Guide
How to Complete the Alchemist Job Change Quest
Are you ready to step up your adventure in Ragnarok Online by changing your job class from that of a Merchant to an Alchemist? Alchemists are the denizens of Rune-Midgarts who strive for excellence in the field of Science. Their research is what’s most important to them. They aim for perfection in deconstructing the universe block-by-block and applying the concepts of their studies. They build on scientific knowledge in order to further the reach of civilization and end the reign of terror once and for all. Once you become an Alchemist, a world governed by the principles of science will become your playground.
Now that you’re on your way to becoming an Alchemist, there’s only one task left for you to complete and that’s passing the Alchemist Job Change Quest! Don’t fret about it because this guide will help you successfully pass the trial and finally become the Alchemist of your dreams.
Step 1: Register for the Alchemist Job Change Quest
Before you take the quest, keep in mind that your Job Level as a Merchant should be 40 or above.
To begin, simply talk to Parmry Gianino who is inside the Alchemist Guild Academy in Al De Baran (coordinates: alde_alche 27,185). The Alchemist Guild is situated on the farthest southwest corner of Al De Baran.
As part of the registration process, Parmry Gianino will require you pay 50,000 zeny as a registration fee and ask you to collect one of the following items:
- Berserk Potion x7
- Fire Arrow x500
- Mini Furnace x100
Alternatively, you can bring an Old Magicbook and a Hammer of Blacksmith instead of the required item.
Once you pay the registration fee and bring Parmry Gianino the required item, you will be allowed to take the first test.
Step 2: Take the First Test (Mathematics Problem Solving)
The first test will be conducted by Rasputin Gregory who is located on the basement floor of the Alchemist Guild (coordinates: alde_alche 175,107). He is on the lower right corner of the star-shaped basement.
Talk to Rasputin Gregory and he will give you the Mathematics Problem Solving Test. The test consists of eight (8) questions. You need to answer all 8 questions correctly on your first try in order to pass the test. If you fail it the first time, you will be given another set of questions, which will consist of eleven (11) questions. Answer 8 questions correctly for either the first set or second set of questions and you will pass the test.
Note: If your Job Level as a Merchant is 50, you can skip this test and automatically have Rasputin Gregory to direct you to the next test.
1st Set of Questions and Answers
1. 12 + 23 + 34 + 45 = ?
2. 1000 – 36 – 227 – 348 = ?
3. 9765/3/5/7 = ?
4. (2646/7) + (13*28) = ?
5. How much are 12 Red Potions, 5 Fly Wings, and 1 Butterfly Wing altogether at a discount of 24%?
6. What is the total weight of 3 Scimiters, 2 Helms, and 1 Coat?
7. What is the total defense of a Biretta, Mantle, Opera Mask, Ribbon, Muffler, Boots, and Earmuffs?
8. If you purchase 5 Helms at a 24% discount and sell them at 20% more than their price, how much zeny will you earn?
2nd Set of Questions and Answers
1. 13 + 25 +37 + 48 = ?
2. 1000 – 58 – 214 – 416 = ?
3. 12 * 24 * 3 = ?
4. 10530/3/5/2 = ?
5. (35*19) – (1792/7) = ?
6. (2368/8) + (13 * 28) = ?
7. (2646/7) + (13 * 28) = ?
8. What is the total price of 15 Green Potions, 6 Magnifiers, and 4 Traps altogether at a discount of 24%?
9. What is the total weight of 3 Ring Pommel Sabers, 4 Caps, and 2 Boots?
10. What is the total defense of a Buckler, Coat, Gas Mask, Big Ribbon, Ribbon, Sakkat, and Glasses?
11. If you purchase Tights at 24% discount and sell it at 20% more than its price, how much zeny will you earn?
Step 3: Take the Second Test (Item Gathering and Mixing)
The second test will be conducted by Darwin who is located on the basement floor of the Alchemist Guild (coordinates: alde_alche 13,15). He is at the lower center corner of the star-shaped basement.
For the Item Gathering and Mixing Test, Darwin will ask you to gather the following items:
- Red Herb x1
- White Herb x1
- Yellow Herb x1
- Empty Bottle x3
- Medicine Bowl x3
Once you have gathered all the necessary items, Darwin will teach you how to make medicine. He will ask you to make a Red Potion, a Yellow Potion, and a White Potion. Just use your better judgement to create the potions in order to pass the test.
Note: The Medicine Bowl can be purchased from Gever Al Sharp who is located on the first of the Alchemist Guild.
Step 4: Take the Third Test (Mixture and Counteragent Test)
The third test will be supervised by Van Helmont who is located on the basement floor of the Alchemist Guild (coordinates: alde_alche 79,19). He is at the top left corner of the star-shaped basement.
For the Mixture and Counteragent Test, Van Helmont will ask you to learn about Mixtures and Counteragents from Morgenstein. In order to learn from Morgenstein, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Have an Alcohol, a Detrimendexta, and Karvodailnirol in your inventory and talk to Merchant Louitz who is inside the big house at the north area of Alberta (coordinates: alberta_in 130,54) and choose the “More about Solutions” option in your conversation with him.
- Talk to Aure Dupon who is on the east area of Geffen near the street light (coordinates: Geffen 181,114).
- Talk to Morgenstein who on the 2nd floor of the Old Blacksmith Guild in Geffen (coordinates: Geffen_in 141,140) and ask about his research. The Old Blacksmith Guild is situated on the farthest southeast corner of Geffen.
Once you’re done with the above-mentioned steps, return to Van Helmont and take his test about Mixtures and Counteragents.
The Mixture and Counteragent Exam
1. What item is required to make a Counteragent?
All Answers are Correct
2. Which of the following is not needed to make a Counteragent?
3. What item is required to make a Mixture?
All Answers are Correct
4. Which of the following is not needed to make a Mixture?
Step 5: Take the Fourth Test (Word Scramble Test)
The fourth test will be given to you by Nicholas Flamel who is located on the basement floor of the Alchemist Guild (coordinates: alde_alche 145,19). He is at the lower left corner of the star-shaped basement.
For the Word Scramble Test, Nicholas Flamel will give you four words in which you have to find the right words within. The words and the answers are as follows:
- s m i e x b w u n e n t a g l r = tiger
- n I e g b o p d s o a u w r v = endure
- l r m g r e x t a v I n e d e = evergreen
- r o e h n r o m c a I n p t t = potionmerchant
Once you have accomplished the Word Scramble Test, Nicholas Flamel will let you take the final test.
Step 6: Take the Fifth Test (Bain and Bajin’s Research)
For the final test, Nicholas Flamel will provide you the following items:
- Mixture x1
- Rough Elunium x3
- Rough Oridecon x3
- Burnt Tree x5
- Fine Sand x5
You will also have to gather the following items:
- Coal x5
- Mini Furnace x5
Nicholas Flamel will then ask you to help the Bain and Bajin brothers in their research. In order to do so, head to Juno and go to the 2nd floor of the building located on the southwest corner of the city. There, you will find Bain and Bajin. Talk to either Bain or Bajin and give the required items to aid in their research. Once you’re done, return to Nicholas Flamel and he will direct you to the Union Leader.
Step 7: Become an Alchemist
Vincent Carsciallo is the Union Leader of the Alchemist Guiid. He is located on the second floor of the Alchemist Guild.
Now that you’ve passed all the tests, talk to Vincent Carsciallo and he will welcome you as the newest Alchemist of the Alchemist Guild. If your Job Level as a Merchant was 50, Vincent Carsciallo will give you a Condensed Potion Creation Guide as a welcome gift. Otherwise, he will give you an Alcohol Creation Guide.
Congratulations, you are now an Alchemist!