Ragnarok Online: Priest Job Change Quest Guide
Hey Acolyte, I see you’re ready to step up your adventure in Ragnarok Online. Priests are heralds of light whose mission is to eradicate evil from the world. Their divine nature is capable of expelling darkness and bringing hope to all who need it. Their dream is to create a world full of warmth and compassion. Once you become a Priest, you’ll be awakened to a world of truth that is governed by the dichotomy of good and evil.
Now that you’re on your way to becoming a Priest, there’s only one task left for you to complete and that’s passing the Priest Job Change Quest! Don’t fret about it because this guide will help you successfully pass the trial and finally become the Priest of your dreams.
The Priest Job Change Quest
Step 1: Register for the Priest Job Change Quest
Before you take the quest, keep in mind that your Job Level as an Acolyte should be 40 or above.
To begin, simply talk to Father Thomas who is inside the Prontera Curch/Sanctuary (coordinates: prt_church 16,41). The Prontera Sanctuary/Church is situated in the farthest northeast portion of Prontera City.
Once you talk to Father Thomas, the first test of the Priest Job Change Quest will begin.
Step 2: Take the First Test (Pilgrimage)
The first test will be a pilgrimage. Similar to the Acolyte Job Change Quest, this task will require you to visit three NPCs. This time, you will have to visit all three NPCs in this order: Father Rubalkabara, Mother Marthilda, and lastly Father Yosuke.
Their locations are as follows:
- Father Rubalkabara can be found in Prontera Field 03 (coordinates: prt_fild03 365,259). Prontera Field 03 is one map north and two maps east of Prontera.
- Mother Marthilda can be found in Morroc Field 07 (coordinates: moc_fild07 36,254). Morroc Field 07 is one map north of Morroc Town.
- Father Yosuke can be found in Prontera Field 00 (coordinates: prt_fild00 208, 218). Prontera Field 00 is 2 maps west and 1 map north of Prontera.
Once you’re done with the pilgrimage, go back to Father Thomas and he will warp you to Father Peter for the second test.
Note: If your Job Level as a Acolyte is 50, then you can skip the pilgrimage and automatically go ahead with the second test.
Step 3: Take the Second Test (Resisting the Evils of the World)
Father Peter will be facilitating the second test. For the second test, all you have to do is resist the evils of the world. This test is divided into three parts. They are as follows:
- Zombie Exorcism – Exterminate all the zombies in the room.
- Temptation Resistance – In this part of the test, you will have to walk through evil beings who will try to tempt you to join the dark side. All you have to do is resist all temptations and simply exclaim “Devil, Be Gone” at the evil beings.
- Mummy Escape – The last part of test doesn’t require you to exorcise any monster. The only thing you need to do is escape. It is noteworthy to know that you can ask for the aid of a Priest in order to help you with the mummies. The said Priest must talk to Father Thomas while you’re taking the test and must have a Rosary in his/her inventory.
Keep in mind that you have to finish each part of the second test within five minutes. Once you’re done, you will be permitted to take the third test.
Step 4: Take the Third Test (Interview)
The third test will be handled by Sister Cecile who’s inside the room to the left inside the Prontera Church/Sanctuary (coordinates: prt_church 27,24). She will be conducting a simple interview that can be answered with common sense. Answer all the questions correctly and you will pass the third test.
Step 5: Become a Priest
Now that you’ve passed all the tests, return to Father Thomas and he will welcome you as an official Priest. He will reward you with a Book if your Job Level as an Acolyte was above 40 but less than 50. If your Job Level as an Acolyte was 50, then he will reward you with a Bible instead.
Congratulations, you are now a Priest!