Cheeky Kid is a true-blue casual gamer. Whenever he's not watching anime or reading manga, chances are he's mindlessly playing games.
How to Complete the Rogue Job Change Quest
Are you ready to step up your adventure in Ragnarok Online by changing your job class from a Thief to a Rogue? Rogues are the mischievous gangsters of Rune-Midgarts. When it comes to being street smart, no other job class has them beat. They are the outlaws who take the thieving job to a whole new level. Their goal is to live a life of bliss in such a cruel and unfair world. Hardened by the difficulties of life, Rogues boast of their astounding resilience and tenacity. Once you become a Rogue, you will learn that smirking and laughing at problems can make you strong in a world of inequality.
Now that you’re on your way to becoming a Rogue, there’s only one task left for you to complete and that’s passing the Rogue Job Change Quest! Don’t fret about it because this guide will help you successfully pass the trial and finally become the Rogue of your dreams.
Step 1: Register for the Rogue Job Change Quest
Before you take the quest, keep in mind that your Job Level as a Thief should be 40 or above.
To begin, simply talk to Markie, who is located inside an underground room near the Pharos Lighthouse on Comodo Field 07 (in_rogue 363,123). Comodo Field 07 is situated two (2) maps south and then two (2) maps west of Morroc.
Step 2: Take the First Test (Knowledge Test)
Markie will administer the first test, which is a Knowledge Test. She will ask you ten (10) questions. All you have to do is answer nine (9) out of ten (10) questions correctly. There are two possible sets of questions. Complete one set and you will pass this test.
1st Set of Questions and Answers
1. At Level 10 Improve Dodge skill, how much flee rate is added?
2. Which monster cannot detect hidden/cloaked characters?
3. Where is the Rogue Guild situated?
4. Which town can you become a Thief?
5. Which monster card has no effect on DEX?
6. What is so cool about being a Rogue?
Having Excellent Attack Strength
7. At what Job Level can you become a Rogue?
40 or 50
8. Where can you dye your hair?
Building in SouthWestern Part of Prontera
9. What mushrooms do you need to steal in the Thief Job Change Quest?
Orange Gooey Mushrooms or Orange Net Mushrooms
10. Which of the following monster cards is useless to a Rogue?
Elder Willow Card
2nd Set of Questions and Answers
1. What skill is required before you learn Tunnel Drive?
2. How much more discount does the Haggle Skill give as compared to the Discount skill?
3. What does the skill “Mug” do?
Steal Zeny from Monsters
4. How many Rogues do you need to activate the skill “Gangster Paradise?”
2 or more Rogues
5. What skill becomes available after you learn Divest Helm Level 5?
6. Which skill allows a player to move while being hidden?
7. Which monster card increases accuracy rate?
8. Which monster receives more damage from a weapon compounded with the Vadon card?
Elder Willow Card
9. How much SP does Double Attack consume
No SP Needed
10. Which dagger is effective in Byalan Dungeon?
Wind Main Gauche
Step 3: Take the Second Test (Item Gathering)
For the second test, talk to Mr. Smith, who is on a floor just above the floor where Markie is (coordinates: in_rogue 376,23). You will have to pay him 10,000 zeny and provide him with one of the following sets of items:
Read More From Levelskip
- Blue Herb x6
- Decayed Nail x10
- Horrendous Mouth x10
- Skel-Bone x10
- Crab Shell x10
- Garlet x10
- Green Herb x10
- Snake Scale x10
- Bear’s Footskin x10
- Grasshopper’s Leg x10
- Shell x10
- Yellow Herb x10
Once you have gathered the required items, give them to Mr. Smith along with the 10,000 zeny and you will be able to proceed to the next part of the test.
Step 4: Take the Third Test (Search for the Assigned NPC and Walk Through the Underground Passage)
Mr. Smith will ask you to look for a certain NPC determined at random. There are three (3) possible NPCs to look for, and they each require passwords before you meet them. Here are the details of the three (3) NPCs:
- Aragham Junior: He is inside a house on the southwest island of the area one (1) map east of the Rogue Guild (coordinates: cmd_fild09 106,195). The password he requires is: Aragham never hoarded upgrade items.
- Hollgrehen Junior: He is inside a house on the east island of the area one (1) map east of the Rogue Guild (coordinates: cmd_fild09 335,143). The password he requires is: My Father never hoarded upgrade items.
- Antonio Junior: He is inside a house on the south island of the area one (1) map north and one (1) map west of the Rogue Guild (coordinates: cmd_fild04 304,179). The password he requires is: Antonio doesn’t enjoy destroying upgrade items.
After you talk to the NPC assigned to you, the final test will begin. All you have to do is walk through an underground passage and succeed in your escape. It won’t be easy, though, because there are monsters all over the place. If you want to breeze through the underground passage, you better bring some items/equipment that will enable you to move fast or cloak yourself from the enemies.
After you succeed in your escape, you will find yourself back in the Rogue Guild.
Step 5: Become a Rogue
Now that you’ve passed all the tests, talk to Markie and she will finally let you join the Rogue Guild. If your Job Level as a Thief was 50, she will give you a Gladius  as a present. Otherwise, she will give you a Gladius .
Congratulations, you are now a Rogue!