The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Eidolon's Hollow: The Judgment of Veloth
This is it. The final battle. You're face-to-face with the vile Magistrix Vox at long last, and she's not too happy to see you. Yet you cannot defeat Vox head-to-head thanks to the might of a certain holy hammer, and only through death can you find the way to bring her down for good. Will the light side prevail? Or is Vox just a bit too mighty for you to topple on your own?
(Don't worry. You can get it done. Trust me.)
The Judgment of Veloth
Location: Vox's Cave, Eidolon's Hollow
NPC: Aspera the Forgotten
Reward: Ordinator Breastplate, 250 gold, 1 Skill Point
- To trigger this quest you must complete Motive for Heresy. At the end of that quest you'll have to speak to Aspera the Forgotten, and she'll hand off The Judgment of Veloth.
- You don't have much choice in the matter. Enter the room through the door ahead and you'll find Vox's Hollow. Vox is waiting, and she'll offer you a choice: either resist her and be killed, as planned, or allow her to fill you with her power. You'll wind up in the same place regardless.
- Speak to Meram Vox nearby. He'll mention some of the mechanics of this place. That done, speak to his two companions, Priest Malvari and Ordinator Da'ravis. Both will ask for your help, and you can Persuade Da'ravis into providing hints for killing the Keeper that rules this area.
- After speaking to the two NPCs you'll have to free them, and that's done by trashing the Keeper that's sitting on the podium to your left. It loves standard freezing magic, and thus isn't all that surprising, but the Keeper has one fun trick to use: it can absorb health from nearby Orbs of Imprisonment. Once it starts to leech health from an Orb, dash over and destroy the object. Keep doing this until all four Orbs are destroyed. Then you'll be free to whittle down what little remains of the Keeper's health.
- Speak to Meram again after defeating the Keeper. You can either reveal what he was in his previous life or keep it a secret. He'll pop open a portal to take you to Magistrix Vox either way.
- In the next area you'll find a large room containing three Soul Wells, each guarded by large Ogrim. Fight through the area and trigger each of the Soul Wells. This is a good area for enlisting outside help.Triggering the three will bring a new foe into the area, one you've been waiting to fight for ages.
For all the waiting you did, this is a relatively simple fight. Vox relies primarily on physical skills to beat you down, bludgeoning you with her mace and occasionally busting out strong knockdown attacks. Block these attacks and smack away at her. As Vox's health goes down she'll begin to use a protective attack that will essentially nullify any damage you do to her; keep attacking or just wait until the ward vanishes. It will, eventually, and battle will resume as normal. Keep hitting 'til she's dead.
(Does this attack do anything else? Let me know in the comments. I let her cast it a few times, but it didn't seem to do anything else. Thanks.)
- Almalexia will appear at your back upon Vox's defeat. Speak to her to bring this long quest line to a close and earn your just rewards. Pop into the portal near Almalexia and she'll zip you to Mournhold, far away from this sorry place.
- Upon popping out at the entrance of Mournhold you'll see an NPC lingering nearby. He'll direct you to Shadowfen, a brand-spankin'-new area to the south, where you'll find a slew of new adventures waiting in thelands surrounding mighty Stormhold.
More by this Author
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we take on An Unwanted Twin or two while enjoying the sweet life on a slave plantation. How risque!
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we take to the wilds of Stonefalls and go hunting for some savage beasts. Trophies made of body parts await!
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.