The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Semie: Proving Trust, Percussive Ranching
Semie is a hamlet under siege. The nearby volcano has erupted, leaving the town decimated and filled to overflowing with insectile beasts. The townsfolk need your help to restore order to their little corner of Tamriel... and, perhaps, to quell some of the racist attitudes that seem to be cropping up in the wake of the disaster.
NPC: Guraf Hroason
Reward: Cured Kwama Leggings, 98 gold
- This quest is triggered by the harried Guraf, a resident of Senie. If this is your first trip to Senie, take the southwestern path from the Davon's Watch Wayshrine. It runs right through the town, and Guraf is standing on the side of the road.
- Your objective here is to kill the Shalks that are plaguing Senie with fire and mayhem. Stalk around the area and kill six Shalks. They're somewhat fearsome creatures, and their conical attacks hurt if not avoided, but careful strafing and one-at-a-time attacks should keep you safe even at a low level. Make sure you check the corpses after the fact, as Shalk Chitin are what you're really looking for in this quest.
- After collecting the six Chitin, you need to speak to Soft-Scale. He's in a busted-up church a short jaunt down the road from Guraf. Speak to him and he'll give you Shalk Poultices made from the Chitin you just collected.
- Now you have to apply the Poultices to injured Dunmer. They can be found in various places around the church. The first is right across the street from the church, beneath an archway. Note that the peasants in this area regenerate after a while if another player's been healing them, so if your luck is bad you may have to wait until the peasants pop back into existence. (Presumably Dunmer get themselves hurt a lot.)
- Continue down the street to the west. You'll see a lava flow blocking access to a building. Leap across and enter. There are two dudes that can use healing inside.
- Leave the building and look to the small field to your right. There are two more Dunmer that could use some healing love.
- Cross back to the other side of the lava and continue down the street. You'll find more Dunmer strewn throughout the next three buildings, both inside and out. This should suffice for your count. If not, double back and check the other side of the lava again.
- Make your way back east through Selie until you see a dried-up fountain. To the right of the fountain is a house where Spellwright Girvas waits. Speak to him. Far from thanking the Argonians, he'll claim another Argonian, Walks-in-Ash, has kidnapped his daughter. Sigh...
- Make your way southwest down Senie's central street until you see a small offshoot road leading south. Follow it and you'll find Walks-in-Ash on the side of the road. Speak to her and she'll claim not to have done anything to the daughter - though she has seen her, at the base of Ash Mountain. She'll give you Walk-in-Ash's Signal.
- Return to the main road, cross the first arched bridge you find, and run straight west. Your path will take you to a lava flow. Hop across it to a nearby statue. Morvani is here. Speak to her until you have the option to use the Signal.
- Girvas will show up. Wait for him to zip Morvani off of her small island, then speak with him to clear the issue. He'll finish up the quest for you - as well as gift you with Cured Kwama Leggings and 98 gold. Not too bad, not too bad.
While you're in Semie, there's another quick quest you can get out of the way - and you can do it at the same time as Proving Trust. They'll both take you through the same terrain.
NPC: Drelden Orn
Reward: Kwama Cuttle Shield, 24 gold
- Proceed through Semie until you find a small village square, complete with a dry fountain. The NPC for this quest, Drelden Orn, is cowering in the fountain.
- Speak to him. He's the owner of a mine full of Kwama. Problem is, the Kwama have kinda lost their wits with the eruption of the volcano, and now they're running rampant in Semie. Orn needs you to use Drelden's Whistle on the beasts after beating them down to restore their wits.
- Kwama Workers, your targets, are found in the southwest of Semie. Check between the buildings and you'll find them in fair plenitude. Beat the snot out of 'em, then use the Whistle when prompted to send them scurrying back to the mine. The Workers are fairly strong, though they lack in durability, so each fight won't take that long. The main thing you want to watch out for is their annoying digging attack, which will knock you off your feet if it lands. Be ready to sidestep.
- There are two stipulations for this quest. First, you have to attack Kwama Workers. If you check the foothills outside town you'll also come across Kwama Warriors and Kwama Scribs, neither of which will do for this quest. And, second, you have to beat up the Kwama Workers within the sphere of area allocated for the quest. Step outside it and any Kwama you take out won't count towards your total.
- After beating up six Kwama, take the arched bridge in the south of Semie and travel northwest. You'll eventually wind up at Orn's mine. He'll be quite happy with your work, and will fork over a nice little reward as thanks.