Top MMORPG's of 2016
For the fans of Fantasy to Sci-fi MMORPG's
This list is not arranged by any specific order since every player has their own tastes and likings of a brilliant MMORPG, this is simply to inform gamers such as myself of what they could expect for this year or simply jump into a game that is already on-going. Enjoy guys!
Star Citizen is an upcoming space sim video game for Microsoft Windows and Linux. Star Citizen will consist of two main components: first-person space combat, mining, exploration and trading with first-person shooter elements in a massively multiplayer persistent universe and customizable private servers, and a branching single-player and drop-in co-operative multiplayer campaign titled Squadron 42. The game is built on a modified CryEngine and will feature Oculus Rift support.
Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are set in a 30th-century Milky Way centered on the fictional United Empire of Earth (UEE), an analogue of the late Roman Empire. A central theme of the game is citizenship – or lack thereof – in the UEE, which must be earned through player actions such as completing a period of military service. It is anticipated that citizens will enjoy certain in-game benefits, like paying a reduced tax rate, but the exact details are yet to be determined.
A strong focus will be placed on player interaction, with player behaviour influencing and being influenced by a dynamic economy system.
Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are produced by Chris Roberts' company Cloud Imperium Games and its European counterpart Foundry 42 and marketed under the Cloud Imperium Games subsidiary Roberts Space Industries.
For more info visit: www.robertsspaceindustries.com
-Constellation Andromeda with Life Time Insurance and physical collector's goods
-Full game pre order with alpha/ beta access
-Limited item is no longer available
-Deluxe Collector's Box, Hardback Making of Star Citizen, Spaceship USB Drive, Glossy Star Map, CD of Soundtrack
-Alpha Access, Beta Access, Star Citizen Digital Download, Squadron 42 Digital Download
Albion Online takes you back to the roots of the MMO genre, putting competition and interaction between players first. You conquer and shape the world of Albion, and every action has consequences which can be felt throughout the world. Create your own cities and establish community and trade, then fight fierce battles over territory with rich spoils to be gained for victors.
Full Player-Driven Economy – All items and buildings in Albion Online are crafted by and bartered between players. Craft the best items and decide which price to sell them to other players at. No global marketplace means savvy players can make an industry of transporting goods to different markets around the world.
Expanded PvP System – Take part in massive open PvP battles and fight for the fame and honor of your guild. Don’t want to tie yourself down to anyone? Then why not become a feared, volatile mercenary, riding out into battle for others – for the right price.
Classless Character Customization – Be exactly who you want to be. With no class-restricted abilities or items, you are what you wear in Albion Online. Craft any number of combinations of spells onto your gear, then mix and match to create your perfect character with hundreds of different combinations possible. Want to be a healing wizard with tank-like armor and a mace in your main hand? It makes sense! Every combination will have its strengths and weaknesses, so experiment and find your true self!
Territory-based Guild Warfare – Find a loyal band of brothers and sisters and claim your patch of Albion – build your cities and camps out of over 50 different kinds of buildings and customizable skins, then wage war on your neighbors to oust them from their homes and expand your very own empire.
Cross Platform & One Massive World – The first true cross-platform MMO experience. Had enough of being glued to your PC when you game? Grab your iOS or Android tablet and pick up right where you left off, experiencing all the action from your sofa. In Albion Online, all players on every device play on one master server, in one massive world. The only question is – how will you play?
You can find more details about Albion Online here:http://albiononline.com/
Currently, Albion Online is still in the alpha stage. If you would like to join the alpha test, send an email to email@example.com
Tree of Savior
Tree of Savior ("TOS") is an MMORPG in which you embark on a journey to search for the goddesses in a world in chaos. Fairy-tale like colors accompanied with beautiful graphics will have you savoring every precious moment experienced throughout your gameplay.
Major Characteristics :
- Distinct Art Style
- Massive Freedom of Choice - develop your own playstyle
- Team Battle League (PVP Content) - Joust your skills with others in the arena!
- Guild Wars (GvG Content) - No place is safe from enemy guild members, in the open field or even in instance dungeons!
- Cute and charming looking characters and background
- Diverse costumes and expressions
- 80 character classes, 7 ranks - Enough class and rank combinations to keep you tinkering for your exact build
- Hidden/advanced classes achieved only through special requirements
- Diverse themes comprising a multitude of worlds and levels
- Abundant field and dungeon contents and hidden quests
- More than 200 unique boss monsters
Freedom of Choice :
- Different jobs, skills, and stats giving possibility to a variety of combinations
- No fixed route, choose which path you wish to take
- The community can be accessed anytime no matter where you may be
- Automatic Party Finding - Form parties with nearby players that will automatically disband when far apart
- Give low-level characters opportunities to join raids even at early stages of game play
- Servers use active matchmaking to call for automatic party finding
- Information is accumulated and posted to show rankings for almost everything in-game
- The statistics provided allow players to see how other players are doing
For more info visit: https://treeofsavior.com/
Black Desert Online
Black Desert Online is a sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss. The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing (CBT) in October 2013. Black Desert Online uses Pearl Abyss' own "Black Desert" engine specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges. It was released in Korea in 2014, Japan and Russia in 2015, and North America and Europe in 2016. Black Desert Online uses a free-to-play model in Korea, Japan and Russia, while in Europe and North America the game uses a buy-to-play model.
The combat in Black Desert Online is action based, requiring manual aiming similar to those found in third-person shooters. Skills can be activated through use of combos. With limited healing skills players must rely on well timed dodging or blocking as well as the use of potions. Players can use the mouse and keyboard or gamepad for navigation and combat.
The game includes a number of features to assist with immersion and the sandbox aspect. These include:
- A parkour system, similar to that seen in Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed, allowing players to climb, explore and interact with buildings and obstacles.
- A dynamic, worldwide weather system which will include large scale events such as typhoons and will influence gameplay. Localized weather will include events such as temporary fog which players may exploit to launch surprise attacks on rival guild structures. Seasonal weather changes or travelling to areas with different climates will require the player to adjust their equipment, for example using warmer clothing in cold weather which also impacts on a player's statistics.
- A dynamic day/night cycle with a gradual progression of lighting effects. During the night some NPCs will become unavailable as they return home while the number and type of monsters that a player may encounter will increase. Different game content will be available depending upon whether it is night or day.
- Player housing will be instanced and will vary from tents through to more substantial houses and buildings. Players will be able to furnish and equip their housing and may hire NPCs to set up as traders from the building.
- An active combat system requiring precise manual aiming, dodging & comboing, unlike the tab-targeting system seen in older MMORPG's.
- Players will be able to engage in mounted combat. Mounts are acquired by taming in the wild and players are able to breed special mounts by mating certain types. Mounts require feeding and care, cannot be stored in the inventory, and may be killed.
- Extremely detailed customization of the character's body.
- Over 2.8 Million words currently in the game, subject to increase as more quests are created.
For More info visit: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/
Camelot Unchained is an upcoming fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game from City State Entertainment which was partially funded through Kickstarter. Involved in its production is Mark Jacobs the former designer of Dark Age of Camelot. Its crowd funding campaign raised US$2,232,933 through Kickstarter, with Jacobs promising to contribute an additional US$2 million from his own assets, as well as an additional US$1 million from investors pending completion of a successful Kickstarter campaign which occurred on May 2, 2013.
Camelot Unchained is considered to be a spiritual successor to Mark Jacobs' prior game Dark Age of Camelot and will prominently feature a PvP-centric design which Jacobs now calls "Tri-Realm". Also like DAoC, the game will borrow from Arthurian legend while adding new and original elements to it. The game is planned to have large scale PvP battles as a primary focus to its gameplay.
For more info visit: http://camelotunchained.com/v3/
Chronicles of Elyria
Chronicles of Elyria is the first MMORPG where your character ages and dies, encouraging you to think beyond your character to their role in a larger story.
Fearless in its design, it embraces a character's ability to impact other characters. A closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and a fully destructible environment means the world is experienced differently for every character. Each time you log in there is something for you to participate in. Local, regional, and national conflicts are continuously unfolding, giving birth to repeated opportunities for you to change the course of history.
Enter the world as a member of a player-run family, then work your way up from a humble adventurer to a landed vassal, develop your dynasty, and work your way to King. Not interested in running a kingdom? The fully skill-based system and lack of classes means you're rewarded with the ability to create the exact character you want to.
Will you follow a path of virtue... or something darker?
For more info visit: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/
Crowfall is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by ArtCraft, described as a "Throne War Simulator". The game aims to be a fusion of action MMORPGs and real-time strategy games. Its Kickstarter campaign ended March 26, 2015 with a total funding of $1,766,205, surpassing its original $800,000 goal by $966,205. As of April 25, 2016 the total funding has reached $7,046,322 which includes an amount of $2,726,322 from pledges collected from both the Kickstarter campaign and donations taken on the Crowfall website.
The game will play similarly to most MMORPGs, with the camera in a third person view with the player allowed to go anywhere. Where it differs is in the game's world system. There will be five systems of worlds, also known as campaigns. The systems will be "Eternal Kingdoms", "God's Reach", "The Infected", "The Shadow", and "Dregs", each with a different set of rules dictating them. Each world will also be procedurally generated, and will go through a cycle of life and death, starting with spring to summer, fall, and ending with winter. At the end of winter the campaign ends, and the world is gone forever, though the players will remain, allowed to travel to other worlds. Campaigns can last for 1, 3, or 6 months, to a year. The only worlds that don't die are the Eternal Kingdoms, where player housing is.
At the start of a campaign, players will spawn in the newly created world during spring, filled with villages, mines, gather-able resources, and ruins. The world map is clouded by fog, meaning players will have to explore to discover its geography. With the resources they gather, players will be able to craft weapons and build castles and fortresses for defense against the other players and wildlife. As summer begins, resources become more scarce, and the world's monsters become more and more powerful. This continues with each season, the force doing this being called 'The Hunger' in the game's lore.
Depending on the world, there will be a different set of campaign victory conditions, along with the rules of the world itself changing depending on the campaign. After the campaign is over, players may go back to their homes in the Eternal Kingdoms, where there are its own set of rules as well.
For more info visit: https://www.crowfall.com/en/
Pls answer for future reference
Which of these games strikes your interest?See results without voting
No comments yet.