I've been playing "World of Warcraft" since 2008 with the launch of "The Burning Crusade." I enjoy gold-making and achievement hunting.
The PvP scene in World of Warcraft is quite varied, but a fun game mode like this one is always welcome. With the Weekly Brawls, Blizzard is taking the classic battlegrounds and adding some wacky rules or extra gameplay elements into them.
This week we have the Brawl named "Warsong Scramble," which takes the classic and beloved Warsong Gulch battleground and adds some extra rules and wacky elements to the environment.
What the Brawl Mode Adds
Multiple Flags and Flag Carriers: The biggest difference between this brawl and others is that each faction has three flags instead of one. There are three flags in each base, so you will have three flag carriers at all times—which means there are three enemy flag carriers (EFCs) at the same time, too. Good luck getting a team that manages to focus three EFCs. If they couldn't accomplish this feat in the regular Warsong Gulch with just one EFC, then it will be even more challenging to achieve in this brawl.
Random Buff Cubes: The second biggest difference in this brawl version of Warsong Gulch is the presence of random buff cubes. There are multiple spots on the map where buff cubes spawn, and running through them will grant you a random buff from a list of four. All of these buffs have their uses in this special mode, so let's go through them one by one.
Buff Cube Abilities
The buff cubes (pictured above) grant you the following abilities:
- Gripping Chain: Pulls an enemy to you.
- Discombobulator Ray: Dismounts an enemy and reduces combat stats.
- Arcane Prison: Conjures an Arcane Prison at a location which blocks enemies from traveling through it. Going through the Arcane Prison will cause the enemy to be teleported to the center and get a 1 second stun.
- Mega Kick: Knocks the enemy high into the air.
Each Ability in Detail
- Gripping Chain: This ability is useful when it comes to dealing with the enemy flag carrier. Picture this scenario, both teams are on the last flag run, both your flag carrier and the enemy flag carrier are close to the base, you're slightly behind the enemy flag carrier, watching him run to a glorious victory— but wait! What was that? There's something creaking in your left pocket. It's a chain with a hook attached to the end of it and with the might of a thousand arms you throw it at the enemy flag carrier, pull him back into your grasp, and unload the fury of the titans on him; thus granting your team that sweet, sweet victory.
- Discombobulator Ray: This ability dismounts enemies and reduces their stats. It's good when it comes to ganking the healer when he is trying to reach his team or to reduce the stats of those high level pro PvP players.
- Arcane Prison: This one is good to use in the choke points, which are the tunnels on both sides of the map. Grab the flag, pop the Arcane Prison in the tunnel behind you so the enemy will get slowed down, and you'll be able to escape.
- Mega Kick: This ability is awesome if you can get ahead of the enemy flag carrier and kick him back into your base. This ability is used purely for slowing down the enemy flag carriers and delaying them as much as possible.
To win this brawl, your team will need to cap 10 flags, which is not that hard to do. It should not take long, depending on how prepared the enemy team is. With these 10 flags there is an extra bonus, which might not be obvious.
Each flag cap will grant you Honor, but most importantly they will grant you Reputation with the Silverwing Sentinels. You will get 100 Reputation per Flag; if your team wins, you will get 1000 Reputation per match, but only from the flags themselves. This is a nice bonus for players that want to get extra achievements and/or RP gear from the reputation vendors.
A Fun Brawl With Good Rewards
With everything considered, Warsong Scramble is a fun brawl that I am enjoying thoroughly—and with the extra Reputation bonus I am getting each match, I will be sure to farm it for the duration that it is available.