Leonard is a big fan of "Perfect World International" and he loves playing with the Barbarian class.
Welcome to my ultimate Perfect World International Barbarian build guide. I would like to start off by saying that I think Barbarians are one of the best classes in Perfect World International. I have spent considerable hours playing my Barbarian and practicing the art of “Tanking” in order to give you the best information I can gather.
What Is a Barbarian?
So, what is a Barbarian? A Barbarian is a Melee range, Physical Damage dealer, with adequate damage output, offset by exceptionally high HP and Physical Defense. Barbarians are the only “real” tank in Perfect World. And although some Blademasters may feel that they too are tanks, they cannot compare to the ability of a Barbarian in this area. Blademasters have a role; it’s just not the same as a Barbarian’s role.
Some people find Barbarians a boring class to play. Your damage is low, and your accuracy is not great to start, so you will miss often, and even small 1v1 mob battles can sometimes drag out for what seems like forever. But as Barbarians age, they become stronger, they miss less, and they play a huge support role in squad play.
Barbarians have two forms: a human form and a tiger form. Understanding the different forms of a Barbarian is important. Both are tools that should be used in certain ways. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and both should be considered when building your Barbarian. Tiger form is the form you will be in during squad play, if you are the primary tank, while you may find human form better while soloing and doing normal questing.
Human form offers higher damage output at the cost of lower physical defense and HP. Being that a Barbarian has naturally high HP, this is a very acceptable way to solo, perform everyday quests, and grind. But not really set up for a squad setting. Human form skills are designed to provide damage, and have less aggro effect than tiger form skills. As a secondary Barbarian in a squad, you may be able to play in human form, but it will depend on the level of difficulty.
Tiger form is your Tank form. True form skill is the skill that transforms you into a tiger; it also gives you an HP increase and speed increase at the cost of damage output. You are also given the skill of shapeshifting intensify, this in a physical defense increase, and is a passive skill. Those coupled with the multiple aggro effect skills and D.O.T.s are what make Tiger form the only real way to tank properly. It is perfectly acceptable to stay in tiger form all the time. Some people will focus only on the Tiger form skills, especially at lower levels when spirit points can be hard to come by.
Tanking in a Squad
In a Squad, a Barbarian is the primary tank. They will be expected to control the battle and make sure mobs are focused on them. They will be absorbing as much of the damage as they can, in order to keep their squad members alive. It is very important to know this role and learn this role. Barbarians will not be damage dealers, and they cannot be expected to. Even in human form, they do not deal enough consistent damage to compete with Archers, Wizards, or Psychics for damage dealers. They can play a similar role to that of Assassins or Blademasters, but they are truly there for tanking.
Squad Composition and Tactics
In a normal Squad setting, you should have a Barbarian, a Cleric or two, a Blademaster or Assassin, and the rest of the squad should be damage dealers. When approaching mobs, it is important for the Barbarian to control aggro from the beginning. Your Damage dealers should be aware that you need to attack first, using your primary aggro attack skills, either flesh ream for single target or Roar for an AOE effect.
Also, it is important to remember that you will want to SPAM flesh ream, and you will want your damage dealers to focus on the same mob as the one you are targeting with flesh ream. Otherwise, you will have mobs breaking free and running into your damage dealers and Cleric.
As a Barbarian, you are forced to use axes in order to utilize your skill tree
Axes have high spike damage. Axes come in 4 main forms: Dual hand axes, Dual Hammers, Poleaxes and Pole hammers. Each one varies statistically, and each one has pros and cons. All Axe Class weapons share the same range of 3.5.
- Dual Hammers: Attack speed is 0.83 attacks per second. Their average minimum damage is 1st, their average maximum damage is 3rd, and their DPS is 1st. This is the best choice in the axe class. In my mind at least.
- Dual Hand Axes: Attack speed is 0.83 attacks per second. Their average minimum damage is 3rd, their average maximum damage is 1st, and their DPS is 3rd. This is a great choice for those looking for the spike damage. This is a nice trait for PvP but serves you no great purpose in PvE.
- Pole Hammers: Attack speed is 0.91 attacks per second. Their average minimum damage is 2nd, their average maximum damage is 4th, and their DPS is 2nd. This is a solid choice if the right weapon is found.
- Poleaxes: Attack speed is 0.91 attacks per second. Their average minimum damage is 4th, their average maximum damage is 2nd, and their DPS is 4th. This would be a last resort or only something I would consider if I liked the weapons add-ons.
Of course, all axes are very close statistically. Any of them will work just fine, and it is more a matter of visual appeal and individual weapon statistics that should drive your decision.
Gear is pretty straight forward. There really is no great secret. Always use heavy armor. It's that simple. And always try to make or purchase the best armor you can. When you reach higher levels and want to start adding shards (wait till after 50), go with HP stones. That is really all you need to know, but I will try to supply you with a little more detail in the matter.
Never buy your gear from the vendor. This is the bottom of the barrel gear. I will tell you to always make your own or buy something from the Auction house. Never settle for the junk. It really makes a difference.
- Armor: For armor pieces, I look for bonuses like, +Vitality, +HP, +HP recovery, and reduce physical damage %. Waste bonuses like maximum endurance and reduced requirements are lost on this build, and if that is all your getting with a piece of gear, I would try to do better.
- Rings: I like to stick with either quest rings or legendary rings, crazed lupines are usually pretty cheap and excellent ones to start with if you can. Misty forest rings are the goal for many Barbarians, I tend to agree, I like them a lot, but there are others, any that increase accuracy or offer +% critical rates, are good. Any extra vitality you may be able to get out of these is good also.
- Ornaments: I suggest you use elemental necklaces and waist. Although it is not a terrible thing to use physical ones, this is an area you can add to your magical defense without a huge loss in other areas of concern. If you use elemental, always look for +HP and +MP bonuses here.
- Shards: Any Barbarian build that I will ever talk about will take HP shards. There is no better stat for a Barbarian to add to.
This section may be a little geeky, and I do apologize for that, but, I want to try to be as thorough as possible to help you determine what sort of statistical allocation you will want to implement.
There is not a whole lot of option when it comes to building a Barbarian. You are forced to use so many points towards Strength, due to the Axes requirements, which leaves you very little wiggle room. We will talk about your options, but there just is not much to say.
One thing that many people do not consider when building a Barbarian, or teaching someone how to build a Barbarian, is. You're not going to be a tank right out of the gate. In fact, you will seldom get the opportunity to tank before level 50. It’s just the way it is; you don’t have the skills or HP level to do it much earlier on any consistent basis. So, in the meantime, this gives you an opportunity to strengthen your Barbarian in other ways.
Before you decide what your Barbarian build is going to look like, statistically, it is important to always remember that your axes need 6 strength points and 1 dexterity point every other level. This only leaves you with 3 spare points, every other level. Most will tell you to put it all into Vitality. You can, but it is not the only way you have to do this. You do have some options as a Barbarian. While I can not say that one of these builds is better than the other, I play a Barbarian on a PE server, and I play him as a Tank, so, I use my Tank build.
- Tank Build: Levels 1-30 as a Barbarian may have been the worst experience of my life. And I did it twice. My first Barbarian became a bad experiment, so I started a second. This is my method I used for that build. Some people may think I am completely wrong, but I will explain my thinking. For levels 1-21, I went 6 strength, 4 dexterity. Yup, it is true. And from 23-41, I went 6 strength 2 dexterity, and 2 vitality. And from that point on, I would go with a 6 strength, 1 dexterity, and 3 vitality, until you hit 80 dexterity, then you do not need to add any more Vitality. I did this because I had to speed up solo fighting, it took forever, and since nobody wants a level 20 barb to tank for them, why not throw all your point into Dexterity early. At level 71, I currently have about 7500 HP when in tiger and buffed out. That may not be as high as some, but it is pretty good, And on top of the I have a critical rate of over 5% and 80 dexterity
- PvP or High Dexterity Build: I think this is not that bad of a build. I believe that for PvP, a Barbarian can get away with Less Vitality. If they want to. Barbarians actually take well to Dexterity. They get 8 accuracy points, and 8 evasion points per Dexterity added, only blademasters are better. So, going with a 6 strength 3 dexterity, and 1 vitality build, could result in a very hard hitting Barbarian. One very well suited for PvP. At least in my mind. Of course, you may not be able to tank as well, but there are many areas you can make up extra HP.
I will try not to drag it out too long though. I will also not go crazy with what the skills are and their descriptions, there are other places on the web you can go to find that information.
Skills are always broken down like this for me. There are Passive, Buffs, Defensive, and Attack skills.
- Weapon Mastery (level it): Always Level these, these should be primary skills for you. They add increased damage output percentage, at the very minimum level your primary weapon, weapon mastery. At level 10, you gain a 60% damage increase.
- Swimming Mastery (not needed): So level this if you want. It increases your swimming speed by 50%. I personally have never found it to be very useful, but it is a cheap skill.
- Feral Regeneration (level it): This is a must level. This increases your HP regeneration speed, when the skill is at max level, this gives you a 20 per second boost to your base regeneration rate.
- Shapeshifting Intensity (Level it): Another must level. This is a passive skill that increases your physical defense, but, only in tiger form.
- Beast King’s Inspiration (level it): Love this buff. It grants you and your squad members a % HP increase, based on their own max hit points. This is a must-have.
- Strength of the Titans (level it): Damage output increase buff for you and your squad members. It is a physical damage increase only, but still more than worthy of keeping level.
- Blood Bath (level at your own discretion): Personally I don’t use Bloodbath, I learned it, but I do not level it right now. Maybe I will later. It reduces your HP, in exchange for increasing your accuracy. It may be more of a PvP skill, Not sure, but I have no use for it. I am not even sure if I should call this a buff or an attack skill. It lasts for 10 minutes.
- Poison Fang (level it): Self buff, adds wood damage to your attack. It lasts for 15 minutes. If you have the spare points, I would level it.
- True Form (level it): Technically not an attack skill, True form is your transformation skill. With transformation into Tiger form, you receive a Max HP increase and a speed increase. At the cost of our damage output.
- Beastial Rage (learn it): This skill is a bit of a last resort skill. When active, you absorb physical hits at the cost of 5 chi per hit, and it lasts for 15 seconds. If your HP is below 50%, the skill gives you a magic shield that can absorb a certain amount of elemental damage.
- Untamed Wrath (learn it): This is an AOE stun. It is only a 1-second stun, but it is cheap and worth having around if you need a second to get things under control.
- Frighten (learn it, tiger form only): This is an AOE also with a Physical defense reduction for enemies around you. And it reduces their speeds. It is not a damage skill, so it only has a limited role. Hold off on leveling it until you have spare points. If at all.
I am going to break up attack skills into Human form, and Tiger form. Human being first. I will talk about the skills as if you are going to focus on both human form and Tiger form. Most people will focus on their tiger form skills first, and I would also give them first priority, But if I have the points, I would level some human skills too.
- Stomp of the Beast King (never level): Starting skill, it does base damage plus extra damage, but there are better skills. It does have a quick cast and cool down, but, just not enough power in it.
- Garrotte (level when you can): Better than Stomp, It deals base damage plus a 15-second bleed. Bleeds are nice, and although it doesn’t say so, D.O.T’s are a way to help hold aggro, mostly because they can stack and they continue after time.
- Swell (get it, level when you can): Welcome to a Barbarians AOE skills. Swell is a frontal Fan shaped AOE; it does base damage plus extra damage. It is not a great AOE, not even for a barb, just at least get it though, to open up that skill tree.
- Mighty Swing (level it): This is a good one. Level it, maybe one of your better human skills. It does base damage, plus extra damage, and has a chance to stun. On top of that, it is 100% accurate, that’s right, it will never miss. That is the best part of that skill.
- Penetrate armor (don’t bother): It is not a bad skill, but, I would think it would be better. It does base damage plus extra damage and reduces your targets defense for 10 seconds. It is also an aggro skill. If I want aggro, I am gonna get it in tiger form. Just my opinion though.
- Fire Storm (get it, level 1 max): This skill is too expensive for my blood. I think the fact that it costs a spark to use is crazy. It is a linear AOE, and it does do good damage and has a Fire DOT over 15 seconds, so you may want to level it later on. But I find Linear AOE's to have very limited use.
- Slam (level it): Love this one. Your radial AOE. It does base damage plus extra damage, and it is a knock back — perfect AOE in my mind. Cool down is a little too long to spam this skill, but it is still a great one for Barbarians who want to AOE Grind.
- Bestial Onslaught (no, maybe late in game): Being that this skill comes after penetrate armor, and I don’t like penetrate armor, I don’t have this skill. It looks like an alright radial AOE, it does % damage, plus extra damage, and reduces evasion. But I would hold off. It just is not enough.
- Armageddon (WTF, really?): I honestly do not know what to make of this skill. I got it, just because it is crazy! You lose half your HP and MP, and all your Chi and it costs 2 sparks. But for that, you get a radial AOE, and just massive damage. It is fun just to use occasionally, but if you're charmed it is truly a charm burner.
- Violent Triumph (get it if you want): It is something that I would only get if I was doing a lot of PvP. It makes you immune to stuns freezes, slows and other movement impairments that can be used against you, it lasts 10 seconds, costs 1 million spirit points. If you have the points to spare and you’re a PvP’er, I would say go for it.
- Flesh Ream (level it): If you plan to tank at all this is a must-have. It is your primary single target aggro skill, and you will spam it like crazy. Not only does it deal base damage, and increase aggression, it is also a stack-able bleed over 15 seconds. On top of that, it is 100% accurate. This is your bread and butter as a tank.
- Alacrity of the Beast (learn it): I believe that this is a skill you don't always have to have leveled. It has good effects, but the damage is nothing special, and the effects are the same for level 1 as they are for 10. It gives base damage plus extra damage. The important part is that is is a channel canceling skill and has a 50% chance to freeze.
- Devour (level it when you can): Devour is a solid skill. It does good damage and reduces your enemies defenses. But it is not the most important Tiger form skills by any means. Level it when you can.
- Surf Impact (level it when you can): This is an ok AOE. It does damage plus extra damage and has a slow effect, it has a pretty small range, making it only worth leveling when you can
- Roar (level it): This is your AOE aggro skill, and it should be kept up to date. Its only purpose is to generate aggro, but that is enough. Keep it leveled at all times; it can be a squad saver.
- Sunder (level it): Nice skill, it does base damage plus weapon damage, plus a bleed, plus a regeneration to your HP during the bleed. Did I mention it was an AOE also? Level this; it is one of your best skills.
Barbarian Genie Skills
This is an area subject to personal preferences. Whatever you do with your genie is not going to make or break your Barbarian. I am only going to talk quickly about a couple skills. And they will all be revolved around self preservation.
- Second Wind: This is a strength-based heal. I love this when I am soloing. It really can save you at a moments notice.
- Solid Shield: This is a strength-based shield; it reduces the damage you take at the cost of your speed. I am not sold on this skill, I think there are better ones out there, but it is good enough to be mentioned.
- Relentless Courage: This is a strength-based skill too. It increases attack speed, movement speed, and channeling speed. Nice little bonus to speed up kills
- Tree of Protection: This is strength and dexterity-based. This is a heal over time and is also an HP increase.
© 2010 Leonard L Sampson
Nyssa_de_Or on June 13, 2015:
This is a wonderful resource thank you. But it would have been even better if you had added the levels acquired and your 1-5 ranking like you did with the Clerics.
Keep up the great work.
tuxalot on August 14, 2012:
I did the same thing. I only have 6.5k at lvl 71. With 111 vit.
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on March 22, 2012:
This is my current Build.....Bit Messy, and am spending most of my time farming as well. It is the way of the barb I think. To farmfarmfarmfarmfarm, or maybe its just my imagination O.o http://pwcalc.com/423f60aa5ba7f289
dethofall(RT) on March 20, 2012:
Soooo Arma is a great skill if you can use it will TOP(Tree of protection)Genie skill. You can Pop TOP and Wait like 2 Seconds and armageddon then when TOP runs out your at max HP with no charm tick.:D (With TOP maxed ofc). Anywho You sir have fun gaming :D
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on March 15, 2012:
You PK a lot? On a PvE? For all who like to PK, it is a great skill. I don't teach PK.
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on March 15, 2012:
While I do now find a place for Arma, Due to the fact that I play around with PvP a bit more now than I used to, I will still tell anyone who is starting a new barb, especially one that will be geared toward tanking, that there is no good need to waste spirit on this skill until or unless you have a bank of extra spirit and coin. For those casual "Duelers", there is no need. I would say this to all the haters who insist that you NEED this skill. If you are still learning the class, which is the type of person I would assume would read this guide, you have no need for the skill. IT IS A PVP SKILL. Not even a AOE grinding skill....just a PvP. Or PK skill. I will not bother to comment on this skill anymore. It is waste. For new barbs, spend time to learn your class, learn your job, and level your essential skills to do this. After that, when your ready to step into PvP, learn the skill. Just don't sacrifice your essential skills before.
dethofall(RT) on March 15, 2012:
Lol Im on a PvE server and i PK a lot. Armageddon is a great skill in PK and if your not Fail you can use it in FC. But it seems to me that you are fail. ijs
Anywho I dont in courage anyone to use this guide.
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on February 16, 2012:
I have a lvl 100 Barb. In fact, I am 100+, I did not when I wrote this guide, but I do now. Do you?
dethofall(RT) on February 16, 2012:
This isn't that well made xD The skill's are all messed up... maybe level your barb to 100 and then remake this cuz I would never go by this.
red on January 02, 2012:
for PvE servers
... in my honest opinion. barbs should have the MAX amount of hp possible. barbs are meant for meat shields. all they do is hold aggro and tank. so i agree with some parts of this guide. and if you're on a PvE server.. i dont find armageddon useful. especially during things like bhs,fcs, etc. i think you should lvl the human form aoes though but as a back up. cuz there will be times when your other skills will be on cool down. and roar is good, but it doesn't hold aggro very well even at higher lvls if you are running a fc and pulling a mob especially with an aoe dd like a seeker,wizzy,or archer than it will just be interupted instantly. it just resets aggro so that all the mobs will be attached to you. and i would lvl surf impact because it is an aoe that is very helpful in fcs,bhs, tts, and junk when you are gathering therefore the healer wont get damaged. over all good guide.. but i have read others and have witnessed some of these flaws. these are just my opinions.
like i said this is for Pve servers. Not gonna lie i know nothing about pve and these are just my opinions. :p
Martin on August 09, 2011:
Not the best guide, in fact, I wouldn
t make my barbarian according to this one. There are a lot better guides. Armageddon is a very good PVP skill, you just have to know when to use it in PVP.
cockylawstudent on July 04, 2011:
hey computerjnkman can u make an ultimate build for sin ? if u could that be awesome, i find all of ur build good ^^.
sam on May 10, 2011:
To get violent triumph, u need your spiritual cultivation up to date, along with 20 apoc pages and 10 medium ink. You're looking at roughly 2-3 million coins. I was just reading my old comment i posted, as i stated that untamed wrath is garbage. I found it extremely useful in PK, trying to find sins that are cloaked, or using in sequence with mighty swing to extend stun duration or cancel enemy channeling. In PvE if you're tank enough in human form, it is a great way of gaining AOE agro. For example roar and Alpha Male is on cooldown and archer wizzy or seeker has agro in delta from the constant AOE dps they deal, it'll help squad members save some charm too. Someone here said that misty's offer enough accuracy. Not true, i have 200 dex on my barb and i use striking dragons (tt100). Whether it is in pve or pvp, my barb still miss at a considerable rate.
Another thing, barb 100 skills are nice too but u need to complete your full cultivation in order to learn it, + 20 chrono pages (each roughly 2-2.5m) >.> rly expensive but amazing skills.
johnlee on April 04, 2011:
Violent Triumph how can i get dis skills pls reply asap:)
Nashoa on February 12, 2011:
I am looking at a genie build with celestial sword and leaf dance . Critical bonus with leAf dance for us that tank And PvP. Celestial Sword kills all genie energy wit 100% accuracy and so far it I a one hit kill for mobs lvl 50 and less. Bad side , only good for solo and PvP.
pokero on January 18, 2011:
mi barb como lo tengo 69 y tiene 77 dex lo voi a subir hasta tener la arma de molde de lvl 70 y luego solo mejorare solo dex asi podre usar fist, me convine?
TigerSensei on January 08, 2011:
untamed wrath is not a bad skill, even with the disadvantage of beign a human form skill it helps tanking crowds of mobs (specially in delta) you turn human, use it and go back to tiger form, can save your DDs lives, its also very good in pvp to knock sins out of invisibility since its aoe.
TigerSensei lvl 101 Sage barb Raging Tide Server
bigpanisjoe on September 04, 2010:
beastial onslaught can be pretty awesome, can use for catching, or if go sage if im not mistaken the chance of it hitting it greater.. helpful for a sin running away from ya, and yes, it does have some range to it. so i find it very helpful.nto to metion when lvl it hits pretty hard... Only thing about ur lack in vit, is ur gimping arma a bit. it hits hard wit more hp and mp consumed. So if ya got 9k or more in human chances are ya prolly see some very hard crits even in pvp.
And what about invoke as tiger skill. reduces taken damage by 90% for 20 secs or so. it a must get, even tho it doesn't go past lvl 1.
Dex is high, but in pvp it should benefit u more..but its a double edge sword, sometimes hp helps more in bad situation then not missing the target, esp when its 3vs1, or if u plan on pulling cata..then hp is must.
But over all great guide, made me remember some stuff i forgot.
barbarian on September 01, 2010:
This is great guide you know a lot of thing s about barbarian tnks a loot I learned new things about him by =)
mike on August 25, 2010:
I believe 60 maybe enough. With the accuracy ring, you almost never miss. I think demon barb would benefit from 80 dex though but wearing a ring or critical % weapon would be better than using 20 stat points just for that 1% critical.
Alpha Male , why is there a need? Just need to spam devour and fleshrealm and most of them hold agro pretty well in tank form but it burns chi like no other. So you'll need "cloud eruption". Solid shield is ok to use to until you can get two spark back (veno or cloud eruption, or meds).
Armageddon and TOP are a must have (if you aren't charmed). If you're a demon barb, the armageddon is 40% so it won't tick your charm. But pvp wise who on earth has 100% at all during a fight :/ . Or Armageddon and extreme poison is a good combo.
Another genie option is devour and tangle mire. You'll turn into that debuffing polearm.
I'd try to get true emptiness if you have enough points as well. Either that or thunderstorm if you are dex genie.
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on August 12, 2010:
I find the 80dex nice. It is high, I agree with that, but I do appreciate the extra accuracy/evasion, which is solid for a barbarian...Not the greatest of course, but worth noting. This can also have a positive effect on your tanking ability.
As far as frighten, I just don't view it as a priority, I do believe it has use, just not high on my list.
Yes, I meant Dex when I said Vitality, I am not completely insane. :)
Alpha Male.....hmmm, I look at that skill as one for BM's trying to be tanks. :) never really considered it for my barb...Maybe so.
Don't really agree with Violent Triumph...But, I am not gonna fight you on that one. If you find it to be really useful, I would say people should consider the skill then.
Sorry for the delayed response, I took a summer break from PWI, I am coming back now though..Well, soon.
Bowchikabowwow on August 06, 2010:
Awesome guide! But 1 question,On your tank build you said you don't have to add anymore vitality once you hit 80 dex,Im thinking you were saying dex? & is that tank build go awesome for pk'ing?
Melissa on August 03, 2010:
I disagree about not leveling Frighten. It is an AOE and helps build threat on multiple mobs. This skill helps a lot in FCC and RB runs. Also, Arma is a aggro gainer. Not something you would use on runs with high damage, but helpful for bh/fb when other aoe aggro gainers are in cooldown.
As for Dex, usualoly agreed 60 is good for the extra crit %. 80 is kinda high.
Cleric/Barb/Veno PWI Sanctuary
Factions: Liquid, SoulFire, StoneWall
sam on July 30, 2010:
oh yea one more thing, if u can't get a gold genie, 60LP or higher, the best skills to get for barbs are ToP (tree of protection), Alpha male, Solid Shield and Holy path(holy path is good all round. If you have a 60+LP genie u can learn more skills such as Tangling Mire and True emptiness(PvP skill, genie armageddon)
sam on July 30, 2010:
A few things, do not level untamed wrath (79 skill) waste of money and spirit, since it is a human form skill, u will lose HP and PhysD when switching back to use this skill. You do not want to go in human form when you are tanking a large amount of mobs (ex: fcc) i tried using it strategically but it just sucks. Violent triumph is also an amazing skill not mediocre, it help in times when you do not have a vac powder availible, esp in fcc (against frost bishops who paralyze) and in delta stages 3 and 9 who constantly sleep and stun. Also as an "ultimate guide" you'd also want to include demons and sage skills, and what they do. Nonetheless i see you spent a lot of time working on this and koodos to you :).
Was interesting reading this, take care!
Lvl 100 demon barb PWI sanctuary server
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on June 11, 2010:
I do like Tree of Protection. I like second wind available at lever 10 a little better. I also have a hard time with Tree of protection if I am charmed. I seem to remember it bumps your max HP first, giving a chance for your Heiro to kik in...I could be wrong though. I am in different about the Dexterity. I like a lot, but I am naturally a blademaster..Playing my Barb is sometimes maddening to me.
Dirgey on June 11, 2010:
This is quite a detailed and nice guide, though I think an "Ultimate" guide would delve in to Territory Wars and PVP playing at high levels.
IMO, Tree of Protection is your main Genie Skill, Second Wind does not heal nearly as well.
Alpha Male is also a great skill for when Roar is on cooldown and you need an AoE aggro.
I think 80 Dex may be a little much, I am running 50 currently and never miss in PvE (with a Misty Ring) and Blood Bath can be used for PVP if you really want to.
Penetrate Armor is a great skill for soloing, and Armageddon is one of the deadliest skills a Barb has in his arsenal (Critical with high HP).
Ado on May 20, 2010:
Oh, and by saying it isn't the ultimate guide doesn't mean it's a bad guide, not at all. :) I just try to stay away from superlatives if possible. Sorry if I sounded overly negative :P
Leonard L Sampson (author) from Michigan on May 19, 2010:
Thanks ado, I will make the corrections. And I am sorry you do not appreciate the "Ultimate" part of the title. :)
Ado on May 19, 2010:
Your explanation of Bestial Rage is wrong, it doesn't absorb damage at the cost of 5 chi per hit, it gives you 5 chi each time you are hit. The magical shield thing absorbs damage, though. Also, it's not a bad idea to level Alacrity, it's cooldown goes down so you can cancel more skills. Otherwise, an okay guide, but I wouldn't call it the ultimate guide...