"Archero" Talents Guide
"Archero" Talents Guide
Talents in Archero
Talents are minor perks that a player can unlock that boost various things in their game. Most of the talents impact player stats during combat. This is particularly useful as Talents and Gear are the only ways a player can impact their ability to be stronger outside of battles as much of the power available to a user exclusively comes from leveling up and getting skills mid-game.
All Unlockable Talents
There are 3 categories of Talents in Archero. The common Talents are:
- Strength: +100 Max HP per level, +200 Max HP on the first level
- Power: +25 Attackper level, +50 Attack on the first level
- Recover: +50 Healing from Red Hearts
The rare Talents are:
- Iron Bulwark: +25 Collision Damage Resistance per level, +50 on the first level
- Agile: +1% Attack speed per level, +2% on the first level
- Inspire: +100 Heal on level up in battle
The epic Talents are:
- Enhance Equipment: +3% to base stats of equipment per level
- Time Reward: Each level increases the coins generated per minute as well as the random scrolls generated over time of the Time Reward system. The first level grants 4 coins per minute, the next 2 levels grant an additional 1 coin per minute, and each level after that grants 2 coins per minute. For a full guide check out this page.
- Glory: +1 skill selection at the beginning of a run. It is unlocked in the tutorial and maxes out, it will not gain any other points after then.
How to Earn Talent Points
Talents are one of the few systems available to the player immediately upon starting the game and you'll learn to use it as part of the tutorial. However, beyond this, the player must spend Coins to earn more Talents. The player can unlock a new random Talent every time they level up, but must pay Coins in order to do so. The Coin costs increase as the Talents get higher level and get very pricey over time. In order to level up a player must earn experience by doing runs. Simply put, play the game, earn experience, level up, unlock the ability to purchase a Talent, spend Coins to purchase a Talent. Do take note that you cannot pick which Talent you want to upgrade or unlock, it is random!
For more complete information on leveling, check out my guide.
Talent Rarity and Unlock Order
There are 9 total Talents, 8 of which can be leveled up. The Talents span 3 different rarities denoted by their color, Grey for Common, Blue for Rare, Purple for Epic. The Talent you get generally seem to be random, but there are several fixed rules about the system:
- Your first Talent is always Glory, and it maxes out at that point.
- You cannot get the same rarity of Talent twice in a row
- Your first Time Reward talent comes on your 22nd upgrade, subsequent upgrades to Time Reward may also be on a fixed schedule (Or near there, there are many reports of this but it could be wrong)
- Talents do not follow a 100% fixed order otherwise and players will have some variance
While you don't get to pick what Talents you get, getting some Talents over others is definitely preferred and can have a meaningful impact on your performance. In particular, healing talents will help players defeat Chapter 7, a very common location for many players to get stuck.
The best Talents are:
- Enhance Equipment
Purely awesome at granting raw stats.
- Recover / Inspire
Healing becomes critical in higher Chapters as your damage taken scales to 1000–2000 damage. Most notably in Chapter 7 when the 2 red hearts that drop from bosses barely cover 1 hit and will not cover 2 hits of damage.
- Time Reward
I'm tempted to put Time Reward in a lower category as inevitably everyone has plenty of coins and scrolls but not enough gear unless they're spending hundreds of dollars on gear alone but before that point Time Reward significantly helps your progression speed.)
Good Talents are:
Bad Talents are:
- Iron Bulwark
So little of your damage taken is going to be collision, and of that, you're barely negating any.
Such a tiny boost to your damage output that it's not even noticeable. For comparison, a minor attack speed boost is a 15% increase in your attack speed.