Pokémon Go: How to Get PokéCoins
As of this time, there are only two ways to earn Pokémon Coins (PokéCoins) in Pokémon GO. One is by purchasing PokeCoins from the shop, and the other is by challenging Pokemon gyms to earn PokeCoins.
These coins are in-game currencies that can be used to buy items from the shop. Such items include: Poké Balls, Lure Modules, Lucky Eggs, Upgrades, and more! In turn, items can be used to aid you in your adventure and make your gameplay a lot easier and more fun.
This guide will help you learn more about the details surrounding PokeCoins and how to get them.
How To Get PokéCoins in Pokémon GO
1. Purchase PokéCoins from the Shop
This is as straightforward as it sounds. You can use real money to purchase virtual currency—in this case—PokeCoins, for use in the game. PokeCoins are available in a bundle of 100, 550, 1200, 2500, 5200, and 14500 units. Of course, the greater the number of PokeCoins, the more expensive they get.
If you don’t mind spending some dough or don’t like getting bothered challenging Pokemon Gyms, then this is the way to go.
2. Challenge Pokémon Gyms and Earn PokéCoins
Besides spending real money, this is the only other alternative in earning precious PokeCoins. This is truly a great method because it allows you to actually experience playing Pokemon GO to its fullest without the need to shell out some cash or taking an unnecessary shortcut.
All you have to do is go out and challenge the various gyms scattered around the world. By discovering an unoccupied gym, finding a gym engaged by your team (Valor, Mystic, or Instinct), or totally annihilating an opposing team, you get to become a gym leader and place one of your critters as a defending Pokémon.
Here are the mechanics:
1. Locate a Gym.
It could be—
- An Unoccupied Gym
- A Gym Occupied by your Team
- A Gym Occupied by another Team
2. Leave one of your Pokemon and assign it as a Defender.
- Simply Leave One of your Pokemon if you found an Unoccupied Gym
- If the Gym is Occupied by your Team and there’s an Available Slot (there’s a maximum slot number of 6), you can leave you Pokemon to Defend
- If the Gym is Occupied by another Team, simply beat the crap out of them in a prestigious Gym Battle and take your rightful seat as the new Gym Leader
3. For every 10 minutes that your Pokemon stays to defend a gym, you get "One" Coin.
4. The PokeCoins collected by your Defender Pokemon will only return to you after your Pokemon’s motivation reaches zero or is forcefully expelled by being defeated by another team.
5.The maximum number of gyms you can leave your Pokemon at is 20.
6. The maximum number of coins that can be earned in one day—regardless of number of gyms occupied—is 50.
Now that you've been briefed about how the system works, it's time to venture out there, challenge gyms, and become the best Pokemon trainer like no one ever was!