Brittany is a mobile gaming addict! Her favourite genres are simulation, casual, RPG, tycoon, fashion, adventure, puzzle, and city-builders.
Using TapJoy to Get Free Premium Currency: Diamonds, Jewels, Gems, and More!
TapJoy is a company which will give you the option to complete offers in exchange for premium currency in various mobile games. You have to complete tasks like downloading and running an app, reaching a certain level in a another game, completing a survey, or playing a game online, and then the app will reward you with diamonds, gems, etc. to use in your favourite games like Candy Crush or Covet Fashion.
Though TapJoy is a legitimate company, it can be a bit daunting to a first-time user, so this guide is intended to help you get started with TapJoy, learn the best offers to complete, and learn how to contact the company if you aren't rewarded with your premium currency after completing an offer.
Most games have a premium currency which costs real money to accrue. If the game you're playing supports the TapJoy offerwall, you'll usually find it by clicking into the premium currency menu and then you'll see an option to earn premium currency by completing offers through TapJoy.
Not all games are supported with TapJoy, but quite a few are. Some popular games that offer TapJoy rewards are:
- Covet Fashion
- Highrise Virtual World
- Castle Clash
- Subway Surfers
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
- Cooking Dash
- Jurassic World Alive
- Kitchen Scramble
- The Alchemist Code
- Star Girl
Once you've navigated to the TapJoy offer wall within your game, you'll be presented with a list of all the current available offers you can complete to earn premium currency.
The offerwall has all the offers currently available to earn premium currency with. Offers vary depending on the country you live in, so not all offers will be the same for each player.
Offers are typically things like installing an app, levelling up in a game you've just downloaded, watching a short video, completing a survey, entering a free sweepstake, taking a quiz, or playing a web-based game.
There are also offers that cost money- things like signing up for a subscription, starting a "free" trial, or buying a ringtone. The offers which require you purchasing something will have a "$" next them.
Each offer will also tell you how much you'll get upon completion. Simple tasks like installing an app will reward the lowest amount of currency, but some of the bigger offers (long surveys, or one where you have to spend actual money) will give bigger rewards.
TapJoy also occasionally runs 2x rewards offers, where you can get double the amount of premium currency for completing offers. Definitely look out for those weekends or holiday specials!
Read More From Levelskip
After you finish an offer, go back to the offer wall and click on the Track Rewards tab to see if your offer has been completed, or if you have to wait to be rewarded.
The Various Types of Offers
Next, we'll go over each of the types of offers and which ones I recommend for getting premium currency.
|Types of Offers||Currency Rewarded vs. Effort||Success Rate|
Install an App
Low reward, requires little time/effort
Watch a Video
Low reward/Little effort
100%- usually instant results
Reach X Level in a Game
Large reward/Medium Effort
Usually 100%, but take screenshots
Play a Web Game
Medium rewards/Large effort
25%- but you can follow up with screenshots
Complete a Quiz
Medium rewards/Little effort
25%- but you can follow up with screenshots
Large reward/Medium effort (sometimes requires a purchase)
Large reward/Medium effort
50%- take screenshots
Large reward/Medium-large effort
75%- take screenshots of finished surveys
1. Install an App
- Installing apps are one of the easiest and quickest ways to get premium currency through TapJoy. It's pretty simple: all you have to do is click through to the App Store or Google Play store, install the game or app on your device, and then open it.
- It's best to let the app run for a few minutes on your device, so that TapJoy records your installation correctly. You can browse through the new app and check it out for a few minutes before returning to TapJoy to see if you've been rewarded.
- You can uninstall any app or game after you've completed the offer.
- Is it worth doing? Absolutely. The premium currency is usually pretty decent for the amount of effort required, and I've always received my reward immediately after installing and opening the app. If you don't, try uninstalling it, clicking through TapJoy and installing it again (and make sure to leave the app open for a few minutes).
2. Watch a Video
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Simply click through to the link, watch the video provided and then receive your reward. Sometimes you'll have to answer a few questions about the video after it's done, so make sure you actually pay attention and don't click any other links on the page while you're watching!
Worth Doing?: I don't think so. I normally don't complete these offers as the reward is pretty low (for example, videos only give 5-6 diamonds for Covet Fashion, in comparison to other rewards, which can give 50-400 diamonds). Sure, the videos are short, but you'd have to watch 5 or 10 videos to get a substantial amount of currency, and you can spend the same amount of time doing just one offer and get more currency, instead.
3. Reach a Certain Level in a Game
- These offers are also pretty straightforward. TapJoy will tell you which level you'll have to reach in a newly downloaded game to win an amount of premium currency. Most of them have a deadline, e.g. "Reach level 50 within 60 days." Once you've downloaded the app, the timer will start and you'll have 60 days to reach level 50 within the game.
- You can use in-app purchases within the game to speed your levelling up, if necessary. I usually don't do this, though, as it defeats the purpose of getting free premium currency.
- Unfortunately, these offers only work if you have never downloaded the game on your device before. For example, if you see an offer for reaching level 10 of Candy Crush, and you already have Candy Crush on your device and have reached level 150, TapJoy will detect this and it won't work.
- However, if you have another device that you can access your game's TapJoy offerwall on and you haven't downloaded the offer game on it yet, you can do it that device. Using Candy Crush as an example again, if you have it on your phone, but not on your tablet, open up the TapJoy offer wall on your tablet, do the Candy Crush offer there and download the game, and start from scratch. Just make sure you don't log into your Candy Crush account on the tablet (or whichever game it is), so that you can start from Level 1 and complete the offer properly.
Worth Doing? It really varies depending on the game, the level, and the amount of time you have to complete the offer. Some of the easiest games to play and level up quickly (which require little to no effort by you) are:
- Board Kings- you can level up pretty fast by just checking in a few times a day, going around the board, and upgrading the buildings. You can typically reach level 10/11 in around a week.
- Coin Master/Pet Master- These are two separate games but they're pretty much the same thing. Spin a wheel, upgrade your village. They require no effort really, other than checking in a few times a day, spending the wheel and upgrading. You can reach level 10 in a few days or sometimes faster if the game has a special event going on that rewards more cash/spins.
- Idle Miner Tycoon or other Idle games- Another easy one- check in a few times a day, tap on the mines to upgrade them. Can normally reach levels 5-10 within a few days.
- Vegas Slots or other slot games- Super easy; when you download these games, they'll typically reward with you in-game currency to gamble with. Turn on max bet and just play a slot while you watch TV or do whatever you like. I reached level 10 in Vegas Slots in just an hour and got almost 7K gold in Highrise for this offer.
4. Play a Web Game
The "Play a Web Game" offers usually offer a big reward but aren't so easy to complete.
When you click through to play the game, you're taken to a website on your mobile browser, where you have to play a web-based game. The games vary- everything from tap games to Flappy Bird clones. Usually, you'll have to play for a certain amount of time or reach a certain level.
The downside to these games are that usually the controls are really hard to use or gameplay is just difficult and you'll have a rough time reaching the required level or score to complete the offer. Also, many of the games only allow you to play one level, then require you to watch a 30 second video. So, to reach level 5 of the game as the offer requires, you might have to watch 2 1/2 minutes worth of ads in addition to playing.
These web games require a lot of time, patience, luck and skill!
Worth Doing?: No. Though the rewards are high, the chances of you actually fulfilling the requirement in order to receive them are low. When I complete these offers, I might only get the reward half of the time, and it's always after I've chased up TapJoy about my pending reward (see below for more details). I tend to skip these ones from now on.
5. Complete a Quiz
The quiz offers are similar to the web games, in that you click through to take a quiz on a website and usually have to wait through ads to answer each question.
The quizzes are usually pretty easy, and most times you'll have to get a certain amount of answers right in order to get your reward. You can usually retake the quiz without going back into TapJoy if you lose. Or you can be proactive and open another tab on your phone or tablet to Google the answers.
Worth Doing?: I've had mixed results with these. Much like the web games, sometimes I've gotten rewarded, but most times, not. The quizzes can at least be fun, but I think I've only ever once received my reward right after completing the quiz; a few other times I contacted TapJoy. It's up to you if you want to try the quizzes, but you might not receive your reward after.
6. Do "Free" Trials
"Free" is in quotations because usually the free trials aren't exactly free. Most of the time, you're required to enter credit card details or your Paypal account in order to complete the offer and receive your reward.
These usually offer a high reward upon completion and you should be able to cancel any "free" offer during or after the trial period, but please be careful with these sort of offers.
I have done the free trials on a few occasions, and my general rule is to only do them with trusted companies that I've heard of before (like Disney+, Dollar Shave Club, Hulu, Uber or Kobo, for example) and I ONLY do them when I can give my PayPal details and not my credit card, as it's infinitely easier to cancel something through PayPal than trying to dispute a credit card charge if the company ends up charging you or you can't cancel the subscription.
Make sure you read ALL the fine print before completing any of these trials.
Worth Doing?: For these offers it really depends on a few things: if the reward is large enough and if you don't mind giving out your PayPal or CC details. Sometimes you might find an offer you really want to do anyway (like buying a book through Kobo, or starting a free trial of Disney+). Otherwise, make sure you can cancel the offer when the trial ends and that they aren't charging you for anything. I've never had any problems with these trial offers (and currency is rewarded instantly or within 24 hours), but do them at your own risk and follow my warnings above!
At this point, I highly recommend signing up for a free "junk mail" account on Google or whichever email provider you prefer. I found this the easiest way to complete the next few offers, as doing them will guarantee you'll get a lot of daily spam and junk mail that you probably won't want going into your real e-mail account.
7. Enter a Sweepstakes
For the sweepstakes offers, usually, you'll need to put in your real details: name, email address (use your "junk email" account), and sometimes home address or phone number. Unfortunately for these offers to work, you have to use your REAL DETAILS, or else the offer won't be completed. The sweepstakes software can tell if you use a fake mobile number, or sometimes you have to click on a confirmation email, so if you want to really complete these offers, don't lie about your number or use a fake e-mail account- you'll just waste your time.