With his natural defense and outstanding crowd control, Tigreal’s primary role on the battlefield is the initiator, meaning he should be the first to enter the clash and the last to leave if things don't go particularly well.
This article will provide you with information on how to build your Tigreal, whether you're are a beginner looking for guidance on how to get started or an expert looking for new ideas.
Let’s talk about Tigreal’s skill set first:
- Fearless: This passive skill increases Tigreal’s physical and magic defense every time he attacks.
- Attack Wave: This skill is Tigreal's bread and butter. Use attack waves to deal range damage, AOE, and slow enemies. You should focus on maxing this skill before any other.
- Sacred Hammer: Another one of Tigreal's bread and butter skills. This one lets you dash forward at your enemies, knocking them into the air. Use this skill strategically to initiate a clash or to push enemies into your turret. When in danger, you can use Sacred Hammer to quickly escape from your enemies.
- Implosion: Remember Reverse Polarity? If you have played Magnataur in DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) before, Implosion is no different. This is Tigreal's ultimate skill and lets you pull in surrounding enemies and stun them. This gives your allies the opportunity to unleash massive damage. Put points here whenever they are available.
Covering abilities is important before getting into builds. Here are my recommendations, but the abilities you choose will depend on your play style.
- Execute: I call this insurance to make sure your victims are dead.
- Flicker: Tank builds use Flicker to better initiate. This ability lets you instantly appear in front of your enemies. A great combo is using Flicker during the clash, then Implosion, and finally, Sacred Hammer to push enemies to your own turret.
- Vengeance: Gain damage reduction plus the ability to bring back the damage to your attacker.
- Petrify: A good alternative to Implosion when it's on cooldown.
- Revitalize: If you want some support role. It heals you and your allies.
You only need tank emblem for whatever build on this article.
- Vitality: Increases health.
- Inspire: Cooldown for your skill's availability
- Concussive Blast: This will give you a damage burst based on percentage of your HP.
Tigreal Tank Builds
Tank Build 1
This is my personal build for an all-around tank, initiator, and crowd control build.
- Cursed Helmet: I believe the Cursed Helmet is a necessity if you are playing as a tank. This item helps you deal a good amount of damage despite the lack of attack gears. The more HP you have, the better the damage.
- Warrior Boots: An inexpensive way to boost your physical defense.
- Guardian Helmet: Good source of massive HP and HP recovery. You will never need to go home to recover health once you have this item.
- Antique Cuirass: An effective physical defense item. You will notice the big deference once you have this item.
- Athena's Shield: This will make your enemy mage burst ineffective against you.
- Immortality: Having a second life will annoy your enemies a lot.
Tank Build 2
This alternate version of the tank build is specially designed to counter enemies with high physical damage.
- Dominance Ice: The items provides massive armor, mana, and some movement speed. Works well for this character.
- Warrior Boots
- Blade Armor: The most feared item of enemies with high physical damage since this gear can return a portion of their attack to them. Not to mention that Blade Armor grant its wearer a massive 100 armor.
- Antique Cuirass
- Twilight Armor: This is basically to counter enemies that deals critical damage. If you're not aware, the items has offensive capabilities too.
- Athena's Shield: Don't forget that you still need magic defense.
You can also replace some item with Immortality for having chance to be revived again. Or Guardian Helmet for massive HP.
Tigreal Hybrid Build
Who says your Tigreal can't play as damage dealer? This build is all about dealing continuous damage to your enemies while still maintaining Tigreal's role as a tank and initiator.
- Thunder Belt: Gives your next attack extra damage after using the skill. The item also reduce the cooldown of your skills and provides armor and mana regeneration.
- Tough Boots: For magic resistance and Fortitude. This item reduces the time of being controlled.
- Cursed Helmet
- Twilight Armor
- Guardian Helmet
- Antique Cuirass
- Brute Force Breastplate can also be an alternate item since you'll be taking the fighter role as well.
© 2017 Arc Sosangyo
PhantomAlpha on May 03, 2020:
what do you replace bloodthirsty king with? It's not in the equipment list anymore
Arc Sosangyo (author) on July 31, 2018:
@Noulemba you can kill it as DPS (damage per second) build with life steal and critical damage items.
Noulemba Th. on July 31, 2018:
How can I kill lord using Tigreal?