Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: Jedi Team Tips
Jedis in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
With all the different factions in Star Wars: GoH, you're always forced to make tough decisions about who to invest resources into for farming and gearing up. This is especially true with Jedis, because you have so many choices, and the difference in effectiveness can be vast.
There are lots of reasons to have a couple Jedi squads, and here are a couple:
- The Yoda event - Every month or two, you get a chance to collect Yoda shards (if you haven't already collected him). If only for sentimental reasons, you should absolutely make sure you have him. For this event, you'll ultimately need five Jedis with 7 stars and decent gear.
- The AAT tank raid - Not all teams are equal in the AAT raid. In the case of Jedis, they gain health during each turn of the fight (meaning that you won't have to waste turns on healing skills from Barriss or Lumi). That's huge on Heroic difficulty since you need to maximize the damage every turn.
- Jedis play nice with clones - Jedis are useful, and clones can be even more effective. Much like how some Sith leaders also make good Empire leaders, Jedi masters like Anakin allow you to boost a variety of toons.
These are only 3 short reasons, and now we'll jump into some others.
The Best Leaders in GoH
With so many Jedi leaders to choose from, who should you prioritize?
- Ima Gun Di - Master Di is a sweet leader because he gives you counter chances to Jedi allies. One of the most satisfying things to see during a battle is 5 Jedi rushing in to counter an AoE attack. IGD also gets points for doing more damage against droids.
- Qui Gon Jinn - Master Qui was a very popular leader toon until mods came out. His leadership skill pumps up speed for Jedi allies, and when Zeta'd, also gives foresight several times during a battle. Since he's relatively easy to farm, you'll likely end up using him as a Jedi leader at some point.
- Barriss Offee - Padawan Offee boosts max health and heals allies each turn, so if you stack her with high-HP toons, she can be a pain in the side. The interesting thing about her is that she is almost as useful when she's not a leader, so I would generally put her lower on this list.
- Obi Wan Kenobi - Obi Wan's leadership skill boosts evasion for toons including non-Jedis, and when an ally successfully evades, they gain turn meter. Teamed with high-DPS toons, Obi Wan's leadership can be downright deadly. In particular, if an ally has foresight, they automatically evade the next attack and gain turn meter. Obi Wan loves Rey.
- Anakin Skywalker - Anakin's leadership ability delivers offensive damage and critical damage for Jedis and clones, plus the potential of getting Advantage after a missed attack. Very useful for leading a #2 Jedi squad with a clone or two to round out the squad.
There are more choices - who do you lead with?
Jedi Consular: My First Jedi
The Best Team Members
So who do I send out with my Jedi squad? Well, it depends on the leader, but these are typically the toons I rely on:
- Anakin - Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker is both an offensive weapon, and a decent defensive toon. I especially like the turn meter and offensive boost when an ally has their health reduced to 50%, or has been killed in battle. Combined with his AoE attack which can also boost damage for allies makes him a popular addition to even non-Jedi squads.
- Qui Gon Jin - Master Qui is another Jedi that you'll see on a lot of different teams. His naturally high speed, and strong abilities with short cooldowns makes him essential in the long run.
- Yoda - Yoda is such a pain because his meditation ability buffs tenacity and can essentially make Empire squads significantly less effective. He's also naturally fast, and foresight makes him difficult to kill. Running Yoda under Ima Gun Di means he'll basically have foresight the entire battle.
- Ahsoka Tano - This may be more controversial than my other picks. I have a soft spot for Padawan Ahsoka and I always keep her paired with Anakin as they were during the Clone Wars. She has good speed, good offense, and also is helpful in the Ships portion of the game.
- Barriss Offee - Ahsoka's rival of sorts, her healing abilities and debuff unique skill make her a popular choice too. I'm not a huge fan since she basically does no damage.
Stay Away From These Toons
Not all Jedis are created equally. These are the ones to stay away from:
- Jedi Knight Guardian - I don't know why or how, but I found myself gearing up JKG only to realize she is the slowest and most useless character in the game. You MUST stay away from her, and don't waste any time or resources acquiring and raising her.
- Eeth Koth - Not only is his name an Autocorrect nightmare, but at his best, he is a poor man's Ima Gun Di. He is supposed to be strong against droids, and while he does get some advantages, it doesn't make up for his pathetic offensive abilities. Likewise, his Jedi leadership ability is lame. There's very little good about EK.
- Jedi Consular - He's weak, slow, and generic. If not for the fact that you start off with him, there's no good reason to invest in him. Unfortunately, everyone seems to find out too late so you'll see lots of players like me that have a fully loaded Jedi Consular keeping the bench warm.
Jedi Group Photo
General Kenobi: The Best Jedi
I can already see someone writing in, "Why did you leave General Kenobi off your lists?"
As of right now, unless you're in a top guild with no need to read this kind of guide, there's no way to get General Kenobi. He is amazing, and if you come across one of his squads in Galactic War, you are probably going to lose a few squads. He's a combination of Qui Gon Jinn and Ima Gun Di for all the right reasons, and if there is ever an opportunity to pick a single toon to add to your roster, I would go with GK.
Don't Forget These Toons
There are just too many Jedi to cover (which makes the idea of Order 66 even more disturbing) but I need to write a sentence or two about the following:
- Aayla Secura - She probably belongs in the top 5 useful Jedis. Her counter ability and constant stun attacks make her a beast.
- Plo Koon - Master Plo has that crazy mask and stately voice which I like. He hasn't caused me many problems in battles, so I'm assuming he is just OK.
- Kit Fisto - Green tentacle Jedi is like watered down Aayla and Anakin. Very useful for sure, but I'm investing in Aayla first.
- Luminara Unduli - My absolute favorite Jedi master from Clone Wars, she was everywhere in the early days of GoH. She's a decent healer, but her lack of speed and offense keep her on the 2nd or 3rd Jedi squad.
- Mace Windu - Better in Ships mode, but still okay in Squad Arena because of his high health and Shatterpoint. If you fix his speed, he can be a pain to deal with.
Which Jedi Leader Do You Go With?
Which Jedi Leader Do You Go With?
Star Wars GoH: Light Side
Jedis are so important to completing the different achievements in the game, and you'll need them to finish Light Side battles. I hope that at the very least this guide keeps you away from certain Jedi so you can prioritize better toons and teams.