Jeremy hopes the Force is with him as he pursues a forensics career in the swamps of Louisiana.
Galaxy of Heroes
The galaxy far, far away returns as an exciting mobile game! Galaxy of Heroes enables players to participate in several strategic clashes against the forces of evil (and good) while using a custom squad of characters. To participate, you'll spend energy, a resource that recharges in real-time; thus, this game is best played a little each day, rather than in long marathons.
Regardless of how you play, today we'll examine ten fighters that make for a great playing experience in the game! Note that actually unlocking these battlers will take time, but part of the fun is collecting and arranging your characters.
Note: Some of the characters from the newer films may appear, but don't worry—we'll keep this article spoiler-free.
10. Darth Vader
Darth Vader is, as always, a fearsome foe. Jedi characters cannot dodge or resist the extra effects of his Terrifying Swing, and Force Crush is a very powerful move that can heavily damage all opponents. His only downsides are that he lacks a passive ability and his leadership ability only aids Empire-affiliated allies.
- Terrifying Swing: Deal Physical damage to target enemies with a chance to inflict Ability Block. Jedi targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack.
- Force Crush: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time.
- Culling Blade: Deals Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals more damage for each effect dispelled and grants a 100% Turn Meter on a finishing blow.
- Inspiring Through Fear (Leader): Empire allies gain extra Offense and have a chance to remove some Turn Meter on hit.
9. Barriss Offee
Barriss, a Jedi from the prequel trilogy, functions as a superb healer. Her Force Healer ability uniquely equalizes allies' health by spreading the damage equally among your units, and then by healing each, which is far more effective than "wasting" part of the heal on characters still at full health. This great recovery technique gives her the edge over fellow Jedi healer Luminara, who is ironically her mentor.
- Invigorating Strike: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with the chance for all allies to recover a percentage of Barriss's Max Health.
- Force Healer: All allies have their current Health percentages equalized. Then, each ally recovers 15% of their Max Health.
- Swift Recovery (Unique): Barriss Offee has a chance to dispel one random negative status from each allied Jedi and gain Turn Meter for each effect removed.
- No One Left Behind (Leader): Jedi allies gain 20% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, Jedi allies heal for 6% of Barriss Offee's Max Health, and other allies heal half that amount.
8. Darth Maul
Maul is a monster against Jedi; both of his attacks do double damage to them. He's slightly less useful against non-Jedi, but he's still a worthy fighter, especially with his passive ability, which grants him bonuses as enemies fall. Dancing Shadows fails to impress as a leader ability, but there's no doubt Maul is a force to be reckoned with.
- Raging Storm: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, gain 100% Turn Meter and a 50% chance to gain Offense Up on a finishing blow. This attack deals double against Jedi.
- Whirling Blades: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack deals double against Jedi.
- Power of Hatred (Unique): Whenever an enemy is defeated, Darth Maul gains bonuses for the rest of the encounter. First Enemy grants 20% Critical Chance, second 20% Evasion, and third 20% Health Recover on hit.
- Dancing Shadows (Leader): All Sith allies gain Evasion and receive Turn Meter upon Evading an attack.
7. Captain Phasma
Captain Phasma lacks a passive ability, but makes up for it with great attacks. Victory March lets allies (including Phasma) attack again quickly and gives the buff "advantage," which powers up Phasma's default move Onslaught. Fusillade is a useful technique that hurts all enemies and has a good chance of decreasing their speed. Fire at Will aids all teammates, especially First Order members.
Read More From Levelskip
- Onslaught: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy. This attack deals more damage if Phasma has Advantage.
- Victory March: All allies gain Advantage and extra Turn Meter.
- Fusillade: Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a chance to inflict Speed Down.
- Fire at Will (Leader): Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 20% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is First Order.
6. Stormtrooper Han
Han is a tank character who can draw enemy fire with his, well, "Draw Fire" ability. This is a great taunt that also speeds up allies. Wary Shot is decent, and it can potentially bring Han his next turn faster, but I really enjoy Han's passive ability, Bluff. With it, he potentially slows all enemies whenever his turn comes up, as well as whenever he's hit. As if that's not enough, Han's got a solid leader ability that alters depending on a unit's health.
- Wary Shot: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a chance to gain Turn Meter. This attack has high damage variance.
- Draw Fire: Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain Turn Meter. In addition, all other allies gain Turn Meter when Han is damaged.
- Bluff (Unique): Han has a chance to remove Turn Meter from each enemy at the start of each of his turns. In addition, he has a chance to remove Turn Meter from each enemy when he is damaged.
- Plan B (Leader): All allies gain Defense while above 50% Health and Offense while below 50% health.
An interesting fighter with three attacks and a passive, but no leader ability. Rey focuses on single target damage; her Flurry of Blows can absolutely destroy an enemy's health. Her other attacks may give her Foresight, an awesome buff that provides a 100% dodge rate to a single attack. Rey's passive increases her damage as long as she has no debuffs; she'll stack well with characters who can boost her "tenacity" (debuff resistance) such as Luke Skywalker, or cure debuffs like Barriss.
- Shifting Strike: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a chance to gain Foresight.
- Leverage: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy. In addition, Rey gains Foresight if she doesn't have any positive status effects, and Offense Up if she does.
- Flurry of Blows: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice, with a chance to deal damage a third time. If Rey has any positive status effects, she will deal damage one additional time. Hits after the first deal reduced damage.
- Focused Strikes (Unique): Rey has additional Offense as long as she doesn't harbor any negative status effects.
4. Old Daka
An obscure character from the Clone Wars, Old Daka is nonetheless a powerful healer. Her Chant heals allies with a decent chance to revive defeated teammates, and her passive ability further allows potential revives. Additionally, Daka has a great default attack that can stun foes, causing them to waste an entire turn. In fact, stunning is my personal favorite debuff to inflict!
- Insightful Blow: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a chance to stun both them and a random enemy.
- Chant of Resurrection: All allies recover Health equally based on Old Daka’s Max health, with a chance to revive defeated allies at 1 Health.
- Serve Again (Unique): When another ally is defeated, Daka has a chance to revive them and grant Offense and Defense Up. In addition, revived characters gain some Turn Meter.
- Nightsister Elder (Leader): Nightsister allies gain additional Defense and Max Health.
3. Kylo Ren
Like Rey, Kylo Ren has no leadership ability but compensates with three attacks and a passive ability. Kylo's Ragged Cut is particularly impressive for a default attack, with strong odds of inflicting both Healing Immunity and Damage Over Time, and he pairs well with First Order leaders like Captain Phasma.
- Ragged Cut: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a chance to inflict Healing Immunity and Damage Over Time.
- Lash Out: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Retribution.
- Outrage: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals more damage if Kylo is below 50% Health.
- Unstoppable (Unique): Kylo has a chance to reset his cooldowns whenever he is damaged.
2. Darth Sidious
A very close runner-up for the number one spot is Sidious, who is sometimes called Palpatine or the Emperor. He has one of the best default attacks that can prevent enemies from healing. In addition, he's got strong passive and leader abilities. Demoralizing Blows isn't bad but is not quite as impressive as the other attacks. Interestingly, Sidious uses two lightsabers for this game, an odd change from his depiction in Revenge of the Sith.
- Deathstroke: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity. This attack has a chance to ignore the target’s Armor.
- Demoralizing Blows: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage over Time. This attack inflicts an additional Damage over Time effect on a Critical Hit.
- Sadistic Glee (Unique): Darth Sidious recovers some Health whenever any unit is defeated, along with a chance to also gain Turn Meter. In addition, he has extra Evasion against Jedi attacks.
- Unlimited Power (Leader): All allies gain additional Critical Chance and Critical Damage.
1. Count Dooku
Fans of Star Wars tend to favor other Siths over Darth Tyranus, but we can't deny his power in Galaxy of Heroes. Hindering Press has half a chance to attack twice, and can inflict Stun and Ability Block on Jedi. Force Lightning potentially stuns two targets, causing foes to waste entire turns.
Both are great attacks, but Dooku's passive is where he really shines. It guarantees he'll counter whenever hit, dealing extra damage and potentially filling his Turn Meter. To top things off, Master Tactician proves a strong leadership ability that grants both offensive and defensive benefits to all allies regardless of affiliation.
- Hindering Press: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a chance to attack again. If the target is a Jedi, these attacks have a chance to Stun and inflict Ability Block.
- Force Lightning: Deal Special damage to target enemy with a chance to Stun them and a random enemy. The chance on the primary target is increased if they are a Jedi.
- Flawless Riposte (Unique): Count Dooku has a 100% Counter Chance. In addition, he deals more damage and has a chance to gain Turn Meter whenever he attacks outside of his turn.
- Master Tactician (Leader): All allies receive extra Evasion and gain Offense Up whenever they evade an attack.
Hopefully you've enjoyed examining these fighters from across the galaxy. Though their staying power shifts as updates sculpt the game, they still demonstrate considerable prowess. Feel free to vote for your favorite, and I'll see you at our next countdown!
Jeremy Gill (author) from Louisiana on January 13, 2016:
Thanks! I was especially surprised how much I liked Daka, considering how obscure a character she is.
MG Singh emge from Singapore on January 11, 2016:
Nice hub that has brought the characters alive
Peter from England, UK on January 11, 2016:
Great Hub, I'm surprised there aren't more of us writing about Galaxy of Heroes. Pretty surprised you've included Stormtrooper Han and Old Daka in there, though!