I love playing "Rise of Kingdoms". And that's why I love sharing my guides, tips and tricks of this game.
Attila is probably the strongest legendary commander yet in Rise of Kingdoms. Not only is he known as an exceptional cavalry commander, but he is also known for being a powerful debuffer and high damage dealing commander. It is absolutely such a waste if you won’t be able to maximize his potential. If you want to unlock Attila’s full potential, then you must check out this ultimate Attila Talent Tree Guide for Rise of Kingdoms.
How to Get Attila in "Rise of Kingdoms"?
If you already have unlocked Atilla in Rise of Kingdoms, then you can go directly to his talent tree build. But if you don’t have him yet, here are two ways you can unlock Atilla in the game:
- The Mightiest Governor – You can get Atilla through The Mightiest Governor. He is available in such an event in newer kingdoms. Older kingdoms no longer reward Atilla in Mightiest Governor.
- Card King Event – For older kingdoms which no longer reward Atilla in Mightiest Governor, you can get this legendary cavalry commander through the Card King Event.
Why You Should Invest in Attila in "Rise of Kingdoms"?
You might be wondering why Attila is very popular in the game. Well, he is an exceptional commander that is very effective in almost every kind of battle in Rise of Kingdoms. Regardless, if he is utilized in rallying or open-field battles in every aspect of the game, he will definitely be a monster. Here are 3 ways Attila is utilized in the game:
- Rally leader for Enemy Structures – Attila’s powerful buffs and debuffs will surely penetrate any reinforced enemy structure and will surely deal huge troop losses to the opposing team.
- Counter-Rally against Enemy Rallies – Aside from rallying structures, you can also utilize his powerful debuffs by rallying enemy rallies. This prevents any enemy rally from dealing huge amounts of damage to your reinforced structures.
- Field Battles – You should not only count Attila as a rally leader. He is also deadly even for open-field battles.
Guide on Attila's Skills
- King of the Huns – For the next 4 seconds, increases normal attack damage and counterattack damage by 30%, and normal attacks have a 50% chance to reduce enemy attack by 50% for 2 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 2 seconds.
- The Siege of Constantinople – When attacking garrisons, increase all damage dealt by 5%, and has a 10% chance every turn to reduce the garrison's defense by 25% for 3 seconds.
- Honoria – Skill damage against troops led by Attila is reduced by 15%, and the skill damage dealt by his own troops is also reduced by 30%. Increases cavalry units' March Speed by 15% and attack by 40%.
- Battle of the Catalaunian Plains – When the army led by Attila contains only cavalry units, normal attacks have a chance to increase to his own troops' all damage dealt for the next 2 turns; has a 25% chance to increase all damage dealt by 50%, and has a 25% chance to increase all damage dealt by 100 %.
- The Scourge of God (Expertise) – Troops led by Attila are immune to Silence effects. Against enemy troops with less than 50% strength, increases damage dealt by 20%. Increases March Speed by 50% for 3 seconds after leaving battle.
Attila is neither a powerful nuking commander nor a defensive commander. He is highly known for his excellent debuffing ability. His debuffs significantly creates a huge gap between his opponents. In fact, his King of the Huns skills, by far, has the highest amount of enemy attack reduction debuff. And not only that, but this same skill also increases his troop’s normal attack damage and counterattack damage which ultimately creates huge gap between his and his enemies’ offensive ability.
Attila's offensive ability is not only available in his first skill. All of his other skills also provide a significant percentage of increase on his offensive ability. Plus, if you only use cavalry troops in his march, his march will get a bonus attack increase by 40%. Attila’s skills are definitely the reason why he is a high damage dealing legendary commander without even having a powerful nuking skill.
Although Attila suffers a skill damage reduction by 15%, it won’t matter because he doesn’t deal any skill damage at all. This is also the reason why its best to pair him with a commander that doesn’t deal any skill damage to ignore the skill damage reduction effect.
Looking at Attila’s skills alone, we can easily determine what a powerful commander he is. However, his potential will surely be a waste if we won’t be able to choose the right talents for him. Don’t you worry though this ultimate Attila Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to build Attila’s talents.
Recommended Talents for Attila in "Rise of Kingdoms"
As I've mentioned, Attila can be utilized in a lot of situations in the game. He is both great in rallying structures & enemy rallies and in fighting in open-field battles. Thus, we will be suggesting recommended talents for him. And then suggest different situational talents for his specializations
Read More From Levelskip
- Lord of War
- Martial Mastery
- Armored Joints
- Burning Blood
We want to maximize Attila's offensive ability. Thus, we suggest unlocking the recommended talents in Attila's Attack Tree. We recommend taking Lord of War, Martial Mastery and Effortless to significantly boost his offensive ability. Also, we will have to take Armored Joints to reduce damage taken and Burning Blood to increase his rage restoration.
- Undying Fury
- Dragon Saber
- Emblazoned Shield
Next, talents to get for Attila’s mid-game talent build are Undying Fury, Dragon Saber and Galea from the Cavalry Tree. Attila doesn’t have that much rage restoration so you definitely have to invest a few talent points for rage restoration. Thus, we will have to unlock Undying Fury. Also, we need to unlock Emblazoned Shield to benefit from the significant skill damage taken reduction.
Situational Talents to Unlock for Attila's Talent Build
At this point, we have already unlock all of the recommended initial talents for Attila. We will now start suggesting talents to specialize him in different kinds of situation. Since we can either use him as a rallying commander or an open-field battling commander, we will suggest two different paths for this Attila Talent Tree Build Guide.
Rallying Talent Build for Attila
Fight to the Death
We want to deal as much as damage as we can when rallying structures; thus, we will unlock Fight to the Death and Halberd. And also, to reduce damage received, we will unlock Buckler Shield. These situational talents are exceptional against garrison commanders who deal skill damage. But if you are going to use Atilla against garrison commanders who doesn't deal skill damage, then we will have to unlock another set of talents.
- Moment of Triumph
Cavalry Tree (Talents to Remove)
- Emblazoned Shield (Remove Talent)
- Charge (Remove Talent)
Most of the garrison commanders used today are those who deal skill damage; thus, this is the reason why we need talents to reduce the skill damage received by Attila. However, there are also cases wherein the garrison commander doesn't deal any skill damage like most of the infantry commanders. In this case, we will have to drop Attila's Emblazoned Shield Talent and unlock Entrenched instead.
Open-Field Battle Talent Build for Atilla
We want to improve Attila's effectiveness in the battlefield; thus, we won't need the Conquering Tree. Instead, we will unlock Disard and Unyielding.
Once you have unlocked the talents from this Attila Talent Guide, your Attila commander will surely dominate any other commander. Enemy marches will surely suffer huge losses when facing Attila with this talent build.
Recommended Pairings for Attila
Definitely, Attila’s full potential is not only unlocked through expertising his skills and through building his talents, but it is also through pairing him with the right commander. Here are the best commanders to pair with Attila:
1.) Takeda – Takeda is the best commander to pair with Atilla. Takeda is not only a powerful cavalry commander, but he is also an excellent debuffer like Atilla. The debuff and buff skills Takeda has will significantly compliment with Atilla’s debuff and buff skills. In fact, a combination of their skills can provide up to 80% attack bonus to their cavalry troops.
2.) Saladin/Cao Cao – Saladin/Cao Cao are both good commanders to pair with Attila. Although they are not as exceptional as compared to Takeda, they’ll still be a good pair for Attila if you don’t have Takeda. Both have excellent cavalry buffs so it will complement with Attila's skills. However, these two commanders are powerful nukers so they might suffer a bit of skill damage reduction from Attila’s skill. Plus, our Attila talent tree is not really geared towards skill damage.