I love playing "Rise of Kingdoms". And that's why I love sharing my guides, tips and tricks of this game.
Cyrus the Great is another powerful nuking legendary archer commander in Rise of Kingdoms. Like most legendary archer commanders, Cyrus the Great has exceptional nuking abilities. His powerful nuking skills will surely enable another powerful archer commander pairing in the game. However, he must have the right talents in order to maximize his nuking potential. Well, through this Cyrus the Great Talent Tree Build Guide, we will show you how you can bully and melt your enemy’s marches with Cyrus’ high damage-dealing abilities.
How to Unlock Cyrus the Great in Rise of Kingdoms
Before we get to the recommended talent build for Cyrus the Great, let’s first check out how we can earn his sculptures and summon him in the game. If you haven’t unlocked him, here is how you can unlock him in the game.
- Wheel of Fortune – Since he is a new commander, he is only available in the Wheel of Fortune Event as of the moment. You can earn his sculptures by spending gems in the Wheel of Fortune Event. If you are lucky enough to earn at least 10 of Cyrus the Great's sculptures from this event, then you should be able to summon him. If in case you won’t be able to unlock him from Wheel of Fortune, you should be able to unlock him in the Card King Event sometime in the future.
Cyrus the Great's Skills
- The Immortals - Deals direct damage to the current target (Damage Factor 1400), and causes them to take 20% increased additional damage for 3 seconds.
- Battle of Thymbra - Archer units led by this commander gain 15% increased march speed and 30% increased attack.
- Persian Bow - When troops led by this commander consist only of archers, their normal attacks gain a 10% chance to deal additional damage over time for 3 seconds (Damage Factor 250). While the damage over time is in effect, the target deals 40% reduced skill damage. This effect can trigger at most once every 5 seconds.
- The Cyrus Cylinder - When attacked on the map, troops led by this commander have a 10% chance to deal damage over time in a circular area of effect up to 3 targets for 2 seconds (Damage Factor 300). This effect can trigger at most once every 5 seconds.
- King of the World (Expertise) - After using an active skill, archer units led by this commander gain 20% increased attack and 20% increased defense for 3 seconds, and gain an extra 50 rage per second. This effect can trigger at most once every 5 seconds.
If you look at Cyrus the Great’s skills, you will easily notice that almost all of his skills are damage or offense oriented. His skills also provide rage restoration buffs aside from the attack damage bonus and additional Damage Factor it provides. This combination of high nuking damage and excellent rage restoration makes him a very powerful nuking archer commander. His offensive abilities are totally on a different level as compared to other legendary commanders.
Cyrus the Great clearly is a great offensive commander. However, his defense is pretty awful. Although unlocking his expertise does increase his defense for 20%, it still will not be good enough. In fact, he almost can be likened to a glass cannon which can easily annihilate opponents by a single blow, but can also be easily broken due to its frailness. Well, don’t you worry though, this Cyrus the Great Talent Tree Build will surely make up for his weaknesses. And it will definitely still make him an excellent archer commander to use in the battlefield.
Recommended Talents for Cyrus the Great Talent Build Guide
Cyrus the Great is an excellent nuking commander; thus, in this Cyrus the Great Talent Tree Build Guide, we will be mainly focusing on his Skill and Archer Talent Trees. He does have a Versatility Talent Tree, but it's not worth building talents on this tree. We won’t be able to maximize his talent points if we spend a few points on this tree.
- Burning Blood
- Heraldic Shield
- Latent Power
- All For One
- Tactical Mastery
- Feral Nature
There’s been a lot of debate if Feral Nature is still an excellent talent to unlock if you have maximized your city’s technology. Well, it actually depends. If you’re lucky enough to activate Feral Nature most of the time, then Cyrus the Great should definitely be able to easily melt any enemy march. But if not, then you’ll just have to hope that it gets activated every time your march is in a battle. Anyway, for this build, we will still be unlocking Feral Nature because of its ability to significantly increase the rage restoration of Cyrus the Great. This means that he will be able to spam his high damage dealing active skill.
Other than that, we will also unlock Burning Blood and Rejuvenate to increase his rage restoration, unlock Tactical Mastery, All For One, Latent Power and Clarity to increase his troop’s damage and unlock Heraldic Shield to increase his troop’s skill damage reduction.
You might wonder why I didn’t unlock Naked Rage. Well, it won’t be ideal for Cyrus the Great since it increases his skill damage taken. It's not a good trade-off.
- Armed and Armored
- Thumb Ring
- Razor Sharp
- Arrows Nocked
- Full Quiver
- Venomous Sting
Once we’ve completed building Cyrus the Great’s Skill Talent Tree, we will spend the remaining points in his Archer Talent Tree. We want to further increase his nuking ability; thus, we will unlock Thumb Ring, Arrows Nocked, Razor Sharp, Full Quiver and Venomous Sting. Also, unlock Armed and Armored to increase his archer troops’ health.
Recommended Commander Pairing for Cyrus the Great
Of course, this Cyrus the Great Talent Tree Build Guide won’t be complete if we won’t include the commander pairing guide for Cyrus the Great. Anyway, here are a few of the commanders that should be an excellent pair for him.
1. Nebuchadnezzar II – Nebuchadnezzar is an exceptional pair for Cyrus the Great. He does not only provide exceptional nuking damage, but he is also capable of dealing AOE damage of up to 5 targets. This adds an AOE damage effect to Cyrus the Great’s exceptional nuking abilities. Plus, he is also a recommended commander if you are going to use Cyrus for rallying enemy structures. However, he will be used as a secondary commander to Nebuchadnezzar during rallies.
2. Yi Seong-Gye – If you want a solid nuking AOE pairing on the battlefield, you can also try pairing Cyrus the Great with YSG. YSG does not only provide exceptional AOE nuking damage to their pairing, but he also provides rage restoration buffs. This makes their pairing a very powerful nuking archer commander pairing.
3. Ramesses II – Ramesses II is also an ideal pair for Cyrus the Great. He does not only provide powerful nuking damage, but he also increases their march’s defense. He will make up for Cyrus the Great’s lack in defense.