Ever since childhood, I have been an avid PC gamer. So, it is no wonder I write topics about PC gaming and building PCs for gaming.
Hannibal Barca is one of the best rally leading commanders in Rise of Kingdoms. Even after the arrival of new commanders, he is still considered to be one of the big bullies in leading rallies to reinforced structures and attacking enemy marches in the open-fields. His ability to unleash AOE debuffs on multiple enemy targets while dealing decent damage to the affected enemy marches and provide support buffs to his own troops.
He is definitely a pretty handy commander, which you can always rely on whatever situation you are in. However, his abilities and skills will significantly be limited by how his talent tree is built. Thus, this Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to perfectly build Hannibal’s Talent Tree and unlock his full potential in PvP.
How to Obtain Hannibal Barca Sculptures
Although Hannibal Barca is a legendary commander, he is easier to summon and max out unlike other legendary commanders; however, that only remains true if you’re willing to spend lots of money.
Hannibal Barca’s sculptures can be bought from the VIP Chests. You can buy the VIP Chests from VIP 10 up to VIP 14. It will probably cost $220 to buy all of those VIP Chests. But you still need to unlock VIP 14 in order to be able to buy all of Hannibal Barca’s Chests. You will need 750,000 VIP Points to unlock VIP 14. You can use the daily free VIP Points or gems to get to VIP 14.
If you want a quicker way to VIP 14, you’ll have to spend more money; thus, it will add up even more to the $220 you need to buy all the chests. It will definitely not sound easy for free to play players, but it will definitely sound easy to pay to win players. Well, buying those chests is the only way to summon him and max out all of his skills anyway.
List of Skills
- War Elephants: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 400) to a single target, then decreases target’s damage by 25% and defense by 25% for the next 5 seconds.
- Envelopment Tactics: When Hannibal’s army contains 2 different unit types, all damage is increased by 5%; if his army contains 3 different types, all damage is increased by 10%. (Warriors and swordsmen are the same unit type, while warriors and slingers are different unit types.)
- Siege: When attacking cities, Hannibal has a 10% chance to heal a portion of his slightly wounded troops (Healing Factor: 1000).
- Expedition: Increases troop capacity by 10%. When battling outside of alliance territory, increases damage of all Hannibal’s troops by 15% for 3 seconds after using a skill.
- War Elephant Trample: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 400) to a single target, then deals additional damage (Damage Factor 300) to 3 targets in a forward direction on the next turn and decrease damage of the 3 targets by 25% and defense by 25% for the next 5 seconds.
Based on his skills, Hannibal Barca specializes exceptionally well in leading rallies. Yes, he is not an exceptional nuker or city conqueror when he is alone. But when he leads a rally especially with mixed up to 3 different unit types, his maximum potential is fully utilized. His ability to increase his overall damage through his second skill, Envelopment Tactics, and fourth skill, Expedition, will significantly improve the offensive rating of his rally. The amount of damage increase does impact a march regardless if it’s a single march or a rally. But in a rally, any slight increase of stats will add up a significant amount of stat increase; thus, its impact is even more than a single march.
Apart from that, Hannibal Barca is also capable of debuffing up to 3 enemy target’s attack damage by 25% while improving his own defense by 25%. Plus, he has a healing ability which improves his march’s damage sustainability. All of his skills are very beneficial to his army. In fact, all of the buffs he provides to his army is not limited to any specific type of unit. This clearly makes him a great rally leader. Surely, he will be able to bully any march or any reinforced structure with the set of skills he has.
However, as I’ve said earlier, his overall impact will significantly be limited by his talent build. Thus, this Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to build him as one of the best rally leading commanders in Rise of Kingdoms.
Talent Tree Build Guide
For this rallying build in our Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build, we won’t be focusing too much on the Conquering Talent Tree since it will significantly limit him on rallying reinforced structures. This is generally a rally build for any kind of PvP. Thus, we will focus on the Leadership Talent Tree to make him exceptionally well in leading rallies with mixed types of units for any kind of situation.
- To start, this Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build recommends immediately unlocking all of the Leadership talents we need for this build.
- Unlock Armored to the Teeth & Armed to the Teeth to further improve his buffs to mixed types of units. Obviously, you’ll have to unlock all of the other talents underneath the talents I’ve mentioned.
- Finally, unlock Close Formation and Strategic Prowess. These talents complete our talent build for Hannibal Barca’s Leadership Talent Tree.
- Next, move to Hannibal Barca’s Attack Talent Tree. Unlock Effortless to significantly increase all of his troops' damage.
- Also, unlock Martial Mastery to increase his troop’s normal attack damage.
- You’ll probably still have some remaining talent points after you’ve followed this Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build Guide. You may spend the remaining talent points on Name of the King in his Leadership Talent Tree.
Once you’ve completed all of his talents, Hannibal Barca will definitely become a beast in rallying and in PVP battles. Any receiving structure or march from his rally attacks will definitely feel the wrath of a powerful Hannibal Barca built using this talent tree build.
Recommended Pair or Secondary Commanders
Since this Hannibal Barca Talent Tree Build is an exceptional Hannibal Barca build for rally leading, this guide strongly suggests the following commanders as secondary commanders for Hannibal Barca.
1. Mehmed II
- For rallying reinforced structures, Mehmed II is a great secondary commander for Hannibal Barca.
- He is an exceptional city conquering commander; thus, he greatly improves the city conquering ability of their march. He is able to increase his march attack, skill damage and rallied army capacity.
- Other than that, he deals powerful nuking damage to city garrisons and watchtower; thereby, making him a very ideal pair for Hannibal Barca when attacking cities or reinforced structures.
2. Julius Caesar
Another recommended pair for Hannibal Barca is Julius Caesar.
- Julius’ powerful buffs create an excellent synergy with Hannibal Barca. Both of them significantly increase their march’s attack and defense.
- However, for this pairing, it is recommended, though not necessary, that Julius is the primary commander so that Hannibal Barca’s nuking damage will benefit from the damage increase brought by Julius.
3. Scipio Africanus
If you only have epic commanders as secondary commanders for Hannibal Barca, then a recommended pair for him would be Scipio Africanus.
Scipio’s leadership skills, buffs and city conquering skills will also create a great synergy for their march.