Ultimate Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide: Heavy Nuker and Disabler in Rise of Kingdoms
Hermann is one of the best disablers in Rise of Kingdoms. At the same time, he is a great nuking and archer commander. Despite the fact that he is a good commander both in PVE and PVP, he is a bit underrated among other commanders. It is mainly because infantry and cavalry commanders are commonly used in Rise of Kingdoms. Thus, leaving archer commanders like Hermann not so much utilized to their full potential. However, this does not mean Hermann is not a good commander. He is actually a great commander and if his talents are built right, then he will definitely be a great commander that can be utilized in PVE and PVP. Well, this Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide will definitely show you which talents to pick to unlock his full potential as a deadly nuker and disabler.
List of Hermann's Skills
Before we go picking up the talents for Hermann, let’s go over his skills first in order to better help us on how to build his talent tree basing on his skills. Here are Hermann’s skills:
- Ambush – Deals massive damage (Damage Factor 750) to the target, decreases target’s rage by 100, and silences the target for 2 seconds.
- Legend of Teutoburger – Increases garrison and watchtower attack by 7% when this commander is serving as garrison commander.
- Military Genius – Increases archer units’ attack by 10% and march speed by 10%.
- National Hero – Increases normal attack damage of troops by 10%. Attacks have a 10% chance to grant an additional 100 rage.
- Dead End (Expertise) – Enhances Ambush. Deals massive damage (Damage Factor 1150) to the target, decreases target’s rage by 100, and silences the target for 2 seconds.
Being able to deal a damage factor of up to 1150, with Dead End unlocked, Hermann is undeniably a heavy nuking commander. Plus, his active skill has a debuff effect which reduces the target’s rage and silences the target. This makes Hermann’s target incapacitate their nuking ability because they get less rage and are unable to use their active skill while they are silenced. He’ll definitely be great against other nuking commanders. Not only his first skill and expertise makes him instantly a nuking commander but his fourth skill, National Hero, also significantly improves his nuking ability. It would be such a waste if we will not unlock his ability to nuke and disable to its full potential so this Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide will focus on building around his Skill Tree to make him an excellent nuking and disabling commander.
Hermann is also a good archer commander. His third skill, Military Genius, increases archer unit’s attack and march speed. To further improve and buff archer units in his march, this Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide will also take some of the talents in the Archer Talent Tree.
Although Hermann also has a garrison skill, Legend of Teutoburger, this guide won’t be picking any of his Garrison Talents since this guide will mainly focus on building him as an excellent nuker, disabler and a bit of an archer commander.
Nuking is our priority in this guide, so we will first unlock most of the talents in the Skill Talent Tree. The order of unlocking the talents in the Skill Talent Tree is as follows: Burning Blood, All For One, Latent Power, Rejuvenate, Tactical Mastery, Heraldic Shield, Clarity, and Feral Nature.
Initially, we want to increase Hermann’s Rage Restoration so we will aim to unlock Burning Blood, Rejuvenate and all the other talents along its branch. This means that we will have to unlock Latent Power and All For One for an additional increase in his skill damage.
Next, we will unlock Feral Nature to significantly increase his rage restoration. The faster his rage restoration is the faster will he be able to spam his active skill. Ultimately, this means he can deal more damage to his target and disable his target even more. Since Feral Nature is on the topmost of the Skill Talent Tree, we will have to unlock some of the talents in the Skill Talent Tree. Tactical Mastery and Clarity will be unlocked for more skill damage. And Heraldic Shield will also be unlocked to reduce the skill damage taken by his troops.
Once we have unlocked the talents in the Skill Talent Tree, this Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide will proceed on unlocking the talents in the Archer Talent Tree. We want to further improve Hermann’s nuking ability so we will have to unlock the Venomous Sting Talent to increase skill damage and Razor Sharp to increase rage restoration. We will also have to unlock Armed and Armored and Thumb Ring Talents, which buffs archer troops’ health and damage, to unlock Venomous Sting Talent.
We still have remaining talent points to spend so we can unlock Arrows Knocked and Rapid Fire to increase Hermann’s damage; thereby, it also increases his nuking ability.
Ultimately, the talents we’ve unlocked in this Hermann Talent Tree Build Guide are mostly for skill damage increase, rage restoration, and attack damage increase. These stats are the main factors that significantly affect the nuking ability of a commander in Rise of Kingdoms.
Suggested Secondary Commanders
Hermann, as a nuking commander, can be paired with commanders having the following skills:
- Nuking – Since this build has unlocked talents that increase not only Hermann’s skill damage but also his secondary commander, it would be best if his pair would also be a heavy nuking commander. Having both commanders as heavy nukers will significantly increase the nuking ability of Hermann’s march.
- Disabling – So far, there is only one other commander who is capable of disabling the target in Rise of Kingdoms, El Cid. Pairing him with Hermann increases their march’s disabling ability; thereby, this makes the target disabled longer. Disabling them longer is great against any kinds of targets especially those who are also good at nuking.