Honkai Impact 3rd is one of the best gacha games I've played. Check out my tips and tricks on this game.
Honkai Impact 3rd can be very confusing to new players. It has a variety of gameplay mechanics that takes time to understand even for experienced players. In fact, I struggled a lot when I first started playing the game. Due to this, most beginners tend to invest in the wrong Valkyries and equipment, spend their stamina inefficiently, waste money and other in-game resources, and worse, quit the game. Don’t worry, follow this guide and learn how to play the game effectively.
Should You Consider Rerolling?
For those who don’t know what rerolling is, generally, rerolling is the term used to create a new account in order to get exceptional starting characters in the initial character supply draw. Having an exceptional Valkyrie will help you clear and progress throughout the in-game content easily.
If you don’t get an S or A class Valkyries from your initial supply draw, then consider doing a reroll. If you’re lucky enough in getting an S class Valkyrie, then you should be able to progress easily through the in-game content. However, if it’s difficult to get a decent S or A class Valkyrie even after rerolling, then settling with your account should be fine. Anyway, you will still have lots of chances to draw from the supplies with all the available rewards for new players. In fact, finishing the events for starters or new players should give you decent Valkyries that will help you progress throughout the game.
Also, make sure you have an excellent Starter Supply Banner. Herscherr of Thunder and Herscherr of Sentience Banners are excellent banners to have for your Starter Supply. If you don't have these banners, then you might consider rerolling.
But still, I would probably only recommend rerolling for players who are planning to join the competitive scene of Honkai Impact 3rd.
Complete the Starter's Events
The Starter’s Events is a series of events or missions that’s only available to new players. Each of these events offers great rewards upon completion of each mission. In fact, you can get excellent Valkyries from these events which will surely help you progress throughout the game. You can also get augment cores, equipment, forging materials, and diamonds from these events. Below is a list of notable events in the Starter’s Events that new players should focus on in the early parts of the game.
1. Path of Greatness
The Path of Greatness is an event consisting of 10 phases. Each phase has a variety of missions which when completed offers awesome rewards. I would recommend to at least complete all the missions in Phase 7. The rewards you get from Phase 1–7 are a must-have. You can also try to complete the remaining phases, but that means you’ll have to speed up your leveling which is not really recommended. Also, you’ll be able to get a 4-star blade by completing Phase 7 of this event. I would recommend getting Magstorm since you’ll need it for your Herrscher of Thunder. But if you are unable to get Herscherr of Thunder, then use it to get Florid Sakura.
2. 7-Day Login
This event simply gives you awesome daily rewards. You can get a bundle of Dorm Supply Tickets here to unlock more Valkyries. Plus, a guaranteed A-type Valkyries is also given for free.
3. Level-Up Sprint
This event rewards you for reaching a specific level. This also provides awesome rewards like diamonds, dorm supply tickets, and forging materials.
Read More From Levelskip
4. Daily Prep
This event consists of stages which offers you forging materials upon clearing the stage. This is a great place to get easy forging materials; however, I would only recommend spending extra stamina here. Don’t worry, we will be providing a list of priorities to spend your stamina to guide you on how to efficiently use your stamina.
5. LTO Bonuses
If you’re willing to spend some amount of money, then you’ll surely be able to get more awesome rewards by unlocking these perks through a top-up.
6. Growth Supply
This is another starter event which is probably one of the best events to earn awesome Valkyrie fragments, augment cores stigmatas, forging materials, and diamonds. All you have to do is complete each mission in this event to earn Growth Supply Tickets. The tickets can then be used to draw rewards from the supply. A great number of valkyrie fragments for Swallowtail Phantasm, Yamabuki Armor, Divine Prayer, Flame Sakitama, and Darkbolt Jonin are rewarded from the supply. Thus, getting all the rewards from phases 1–4 of the Growth Supply will surely help you progress throughout the game by getting upgraded valkyries.
Missions Priority Guide
Knowing which mission to start with can be very confusing especially for new players. It can be very overwhelming for beginners. Thus, in this Impact 3rd Beginner's Guide, we have made a mission priority list to guide beginners.
- Dailies: Always aim for 150 duty to maximize the daily rewards you can get. Don’t forget to check the stamina spending priority list to guide you on which missions to complete to efficiently get 150 duty.
- Events: The events tab consists of timed events which offer a variety of rewards. Make sure to grab these rewards by completing the required missions before these events expire.
- Story: The Story Missions is the best place to get crystals. Also, most of the Starter Events require you to complete a certain story chapter so you must spend time clearing story missions to get such rewards.
- Starter Events Missions: These missions refer to the missions for Path to Greatness and Growth Supply so if you are a new player you should spend some time on this as well.
Stamina Usage Priority Guide
Again, filling up the stamina bar reduces your stamina accumulation rate. Thus, it is important that you will be able to utilize your stamina before it reaches the maximum amount. However, you should make sure that you spend your stamina wisely considering the limited amount of stamina available. Don't you worry though, we've also made up a list to guide new players in Honkai Impact 3rd in utilizing their stamina. Here is a list of events/missions where you should prioritize spending your stamina:
- Events: To maximize the rewards you can get from the events tab, make sure you prioritize completing the missions here in order to get the rewards before the events expire. Most of the time, the events won’t need stamina. But if it does, then make sure you prioritize spending your stamina here.
- Open World: The Open World’s Adventure Tasks require significant stamina so make sure you complete all of the 5 Adventure Tasks before it expires. New adventure tasks can be started every Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Co-op Raids: The Co-op Raids missions reward you Divine Keys. These keys significantly power-up your Valkyries so make sure you spend stamina on completing these missions.
- Expeditions: The Expeditions Mission tab rewards you specific Valkyrie fragments. For beginners, completing at least 2 Night Squire and 2 Valkyrie Accipiter Missions per day. Also, if you are an F2P player, then check out the Valkyrie Farming Priority List.
- Story/Chronicles: These are the best source of crystals so if you have spare stamina don’t forget to clear stages from the Story/Chronicles missions. Also, you will need to clear a few Story Chapters to unlock the Path of Greatness rewards.
- Material Events: This is the least priority. I would only recommend spending stamina here if you need to finish a material event to reach 150 duty. And if you need some quick materials, then this is also a place to go. But again, this should be your least priority for stamina spending.
Valkyrie Farming Guide
If you’re an F2P player, then this would be a great guide for you. This can also be used to guide advanced players. Shout out to Imy for this list. Anyway, here is the list of valkyrie fragments you should farm:
|Valkyrie Investment Guide||Achieved at Lvl|
Unlock Starlit Astrologos
Unlock Divine Prayer
Yamabuki Armor/Drive Kometa to SS
Unlock Snowy Sniper
Blueberry Blitz to SS
Swallowtail Phantasm to SS
Flame Sakitama to SS
Night Squire to SSS
Valkyrie Accipiter/Hawk of the Fog to SSS
Divine Prayer to SS
Yamabuki Armor/Drive Kometa to SSS
Starlit Astrologos to SSS
Swallowtail Phantasm to SSS
Additional Beginner Tips for "Honkai Impact 3rd" Players
- Avoid unlocking/upgrading your Valkyrie’s Switch Skills: This is strongly recommended to players planning to join the competitive scene. Switch skills tend to lessen the synergy of your valkyries’ stigmatas. If you want to maximize your valkyrie’s capabilities especially during late game, then a good practice would be to avoid unlocking/upgrading switch skills.
- Never use experience chips: As much as possible, keep your level low. Instead of focusing on leveling up, focus on upgrading your valkyrie’s level. Make sure you check out the Valkyrie Farming Guide to check which valkyrie’s to prioritize on upgrading.
- Join an Armada: A max level Tier V Armada is a recommended Armada that you should join. Once you are in an Armada, make sure you stay active and contribute to the Armada Missions. The Dailies should guide you on which Armada Missions you have not completed yet.
- Find a Sensei: Having a sensei will unlock Sensei Missions. Sensei Missions offers great rewards upon completion. Finding a sensei should be easy so you won’t need to worry about it.
- Only use your Valkyrie Eggs during late game
- Don’t let your stamina overflow: If you let your stamina reach max, the stamina accumulation will slow down. Make sure your stamina bar is not full to maximize stamina accumulation.
We’ve covered a lot of tips for beginners in this Honkai Impact 3rd Beginners Guide. Although there is still much to know about the game, the tips here should be enough for beginners. However, if you have any tips to add, then feel free to comment it down below.