"Rise of Kingdoms": Ultimate Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build Guide - LevelSkip - Video Games
Updated date:

"Rise of Kingdoms": Ultimate Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build Guide

Ever since childhood, I have been an avid PC gamer. So, it is no wonder I write topics about PC gaming and building PCs for gaming.

Julius Caesar Profile Page

Julius Caesar Profile Page

Julius Caesar is a legendary commander in Rise of Kingdoms. He is one of the best legendary commanders who doesn’t specialize in any troop specific marches. Unlike other commanders who are best utilized with specific types of units, he can pretty much excel in combat regardless of the type of units are in his march. Whether he is utilized for open-field battles or for city attacks, you can definitely rely on him. He has a great set of offensive and defensive skills that will work on any kind of battle. However, his innate skills and abilities will be greatly limited on how his talents will be built upon. Well, don’t you worry though since this Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build will show you the best way to build him into an excellent all-around commander in the game.

Available Events to Summon Julius Caesar

Available Events to Summon Julius Caesar

How to Summon Julius Caesar

Legendary commanders like Julius Caesar are very difficult to summon in Rise of Kingdoms. You’ll definitely need a lot of patience, effort and money to summon and max out his skills. You’ll be able to obtain his sculptures through The Mightiest Governor event, Wheel of Fortune and the Golden Chests in the Tavern. In my case, I was fortunate enough to summon him from the Golden Chest in the Tavern. I was even able to upgrade his skills by obtaining his sculptures from Golden Chests. And the great thing about it is I didn’t spend any penny to get his sculptures. Well, you can get golden keys for free through the VIP Chest and daily quest chest. However, if you don’t have that much time to accumulate keys from these chests, you can also buy golden keys through gems.

Description on Julius Caesar's First Skill

Description on Julius Caesar's First Skill

Julius Caesar's Skills

Here's a list of Julius Caesar's skills:

  1. Indomitable Army: For the next 5 seconds, increase troop’s attack and defense by 20% and increase all damage by 30%
  2. Divine Julius: Reduces damage taken by Caesar’s troops by 10%. When Caesar’s army has been reduced to 60% or less of his units, he has a 10% chance to further reduce damage taken by 30% for the next 3 seconds whenever his troops are attacked. Effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.
  3. City Killer: Caesar has a 10% chance to reduce enemy defense by 30% per turn when attacking other Governor’s cities. Effect lasts for 3 seconds.
  4. The Founders: Increase maximum troop capacity by 15%
  5. Ahead of His Time (Expertise Skill): Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 400) to the target, and, for the next 5 seconds, increases troops’ attack and defense by 20% and increases all damage by 30%.

The amount of buffs that Julius Caesar brings to his troops is totally enormous. His troops attack, defense and all damage are increased by a significant amount of percentage. Plus, there’s no specific type of unit needed to benefit from such buffs. Regardless of if his march is filled with a specific type of unit or if his march is filled with mixed units, his buffs will definitely work. This is one of the main reasons why he is considered to be a great all-around commander because of the diversity and availability of the buffs he provides to his troops. On top of that, he passively increases maximum troop capacity by a maximum amount of 15%. No other commander is able to provide such amount of increase in troop capacity. Supplementing his powerful buffs with an increased amount of troops definitely means a higher march’s stats. This totally increases his troop’s overall power rating.

Although I’ve mentioned that Julius Caesar is an all-around commander who almost fits everything, he is actually not an ideal second commander. Well, it is because most of the commanders, especially nuking commanders, won’t be able to maximize the buffs they receive from Julius Caesar if he is set as the secondary commander. Primary commanders activate their skills first. Secondary commanders activate next. Thus, in order for nuking commanders to benefit from the added attack and damage increase, Julius Caesar has to activate his skill first before them.

Just basing on Julius Caesar’s skills, it’s already enough for one to understand how powerful is he as a commander. It would such a waste if his talents won’t be built properly. Thus, this Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to unlock him to his maximum potential.

Talent Tree Build Guide

Julius Caesar is based on the following talent trees: Leadership, Attack and Conquering Talent Trees. True, he has a conquering skill but that doesn’t mean we will be building him based on his Conquering Talent Tree. It won’t offer him the best talents if we try to go for the Conquering Talent Tree. It does improve his city conquering ability but it does not wholly improve him as a commander. In this Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build Guide, we will be focusing on building his Leadership and Attack Talent Trees. The talents we will be unlocking on these talent trees will provide him the best stat increase and buffs.

Initial Talents to Unlock in Julius' Leadership Talent Tree

Initial Talents to Unlock in Julius' Leadership Talent Tree

First, work your way up to Strategic Prowess, Armed to the Teeth and Armored to the Teeth. Strategic Prowess, Healing Herbs and Armored to the Teeth increases his march’s defense rating. Hidden Wrath improves his rage restoration. And lastly, Fresh Recruits further increases his maximum troop capacity by 3%.

Suggested Attack Talents for Julius Caesar

Suggested Attack Talents for Julius Caesar

Move to the Attack Talent Tree and unlock Effortless & Martial Mastery. Getting Effortless, Lord of War and Martial Mastery increases his march’s attack rating, Armored Joints increases his march’s defense rating and Burning Blood increases his rage restoration.

Remaining Leadership Talents to Unlock

Remaining Leadership Talents to Unlock

At this point, most of the essential talents for this Julius Caesar Talent Tree Build has have already been unlocked. Spend his remaining talent points to unlock Close Formation. This significantly increases his attack up to 12% when his troop’s strength has been reduced to 50%.

Recommended Secondary Commanders/Pair

As an excellent all-around commander, Julius Caesar almost be paired with any commander. Here is a list of ideal secondary commanders for Julius Caesar:

Richard I Commander Page

Richard I Commander Page

1. Richard I

Julius Caesar’s damage reduction and defense increase buffs significantly increase Richard I’s defensive capabilities. Troops under this pair have a high defensive rating. Other defensive commanders like Charles Martel and Alexander the Great will also greatly benefit from Julius Caesar.

Yi-Seong Gye Commander Page

Yi-Seong Gye Commander Page

2. Yi-Seong Gye

The 20% attack boost and 30% damage bonus brought by Julius Caesar’s active skill totally improves any nuking commander’s nuking ability. This also includes the powerful nuking commander Yi-Seong Gye. Considering he is the best nuking commander, he’ll be an ideal pair for Julius in a nuking march. Frederick I will also be another great nuking pair for Julius Caesar.

Scipio Africanus Commander Page

Scipio Africanus Commander Page

3. Scipio Africanus

If you lack any good legendary commanders, don’t you worry because pairing Julius Caesar with Scipio is already enough to make a power pair. They both have powerful buffs and increased maximum troop capacity skills. Most of Scipio’s skills complement to Julius’ skills; thereby, improving every skill that Julius has. A combination of their pair definitely results to a powerful march. And if you don’t have a Scipio, you can also use Tomoe Gozen.