I love playing "Rise of Kingdoms". And that's why I love sharing my guides, tips and tricks of this game.
Rise of Kingdoms finally introduces a powerful legendary archer commander specializing in the Conquering Talent Tree, Nebuchadnezzar II. Having to specialize in the Conquering Talent Tree, Nebuchadnezzar is surely a very powerful counter to infantry garrison commanders. On top of that, he also is a powerful AOE nuking archer commander like YSG.
All of these attributes make him not only an exceptional rallying archer commander, but these also make him an excellent archer commander in open-field battles. However, without building Nebuchadnezzar’s talents properly, he won’t be able to achieve his maximum potential. Don’t you worry though, this build guide will show you how to perfectly build his talents.
How to Unlock Nebuchadnezzar II?
Nebuchadnezzar II is one of the latest archer commanders released at this time of writing. Thus, he is only available for older kingdoms. Kingdoms which have been opened for more than 300 days will be able to unlock Nebuchadnezzar II. If you’re kingdom is eligible to unlock and utilize Nebuchadnezzar II, then you should be able to unlock him through the following ways:
- The Mightiest Governor Event: Nebuchadnezzar II’s sculpture is available as a reward in this event. If you are able to earn significant points during the span of this event, then you should be able to unlock him from the rewarded Nebuchadnezzar sculptures.
- Legendary Tavern: The Legendary Tavern is an event that allows governors to open legendary chests containing a variety of legendary sculptures. Nebuchadnezzar II’s sculpture is also available as a reward in these legendary chests. You can spend Sovereign Keys you’ve acquired from the KVK awards to unlock these legendary chests. If you don’t have Sovereign Keys, you can also spend a significant number of diamonds to open a single Legendary Chest.
- Card King Event: Once Nebuchadnezzar’s Sculptures are no longer available in the Mightiest Governor Event, his sculptures should be available in the Card King Event.
List of Nebuchadnezzar II's Skills
Before we get to the Talent Tree Build Guide for Nebuchadnezzar II, let’s first go over his skills. Here is the list of his skills:
- Babylonian: Deals direct damage to up to 5 targets in a forward-facing fan-shaped area (Damage Factor 1500). Damage dealt to each target is reduced by 15% for each additional target.
- Blessing of Marduk: When this commander leads a rally attack, counterattack damage is increased by 30%, and incoming attacks have a 10% chance to deal direct damage to the attacker (Damage Factor 800) and reduce their march speed by 30% for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 5 seconds.
- Chaldean Archers: Archer units led by this commander gain 30% increased defense and 15% increased march speed.
- Destroyer of Carchemish: Troops led by this commander deals 15% increased damage, and each normal attack has a 10% chance to reduce the target’s rage by 100. This effect can trigger once every 5 seconds.
- King of Babylon (Expertise): Deals direct damage in a forward-facing fan-shaped area to up to 5 targets (Damage Factor 1500). Damage dealt to each target is reduced by 15% for each additional target. At the same time, deals additional damage to the current target (Damage Factor 500).
Looking at Nebuchadnezzar’s skills, you would already know how powerful he is as a nuking archer commander. In fact, most of his skills are very good for nuking damage. Not only does he deal significant damage to a target, but he is also capable of dealing AOE damage. The amount of damage he can output in the battlefield is tremendous. This is exactly why he is a good commander in open-field battles.
On top of his powerful nuking skills, he also has a skill specializing in rallying structures. His 2nd skill, Blessing of Marduk, allows Nebuchadnezzar to deal more damage to the rallied target through the bonus counterattack damage and direct Damage Factor brought by his second skill.
To sum it up, Nebuchadnezzar’s skills allow him to be a very powerful nuking commander both in the open-field and in rallies.
Recommended Core Talents for Cyrus the Great Talent Build Guide
As I’ve mentioned, Nebuchadnezzar’s skills are specialized in nuking and in rallying. To complement his skills, we will focus on building his Skill and Archer Talent Trees. Does that mean we will not be investing in the Conquering Talent Tree? Well, it depends. If you want to mainly use him as a rallying commander, then we will have to invest a few talent points on the Conquering Talent Tree. But before we get to that, let’s focus first on Nebuchadnezzar’s Core Talent Tree Build.
- Burning Blood
- Heraldic Shield
- Latent Power
- All For One
- Tactical Mastery
To start off with Nebuchadnezzar’s Core Talent Tree Build, lets focus on getting Clarity and Rejuvenate from his Skill Talent Tree to boost his nuking ability. The rage restoration, increased skill damage and increased defensive ability you get from getting the Clarity and Rejuvenate talents will significantly increase his powerful nuking ability. Don’t forget to unlock Latent Power in order to increase his Expertise’s skill damage.
- Armed and Armored
- Thumb Ring
- Razor Sharp
- Venomous Sting
To complete Nebuchadnezzar’s recommended Core Talent Tree Build, let’s spend some talent points on his Archer Talent Tree. Unlock Venomous Sting and Razor Sharp to further increase his nuking ability. Ofcourse, you’ll also have to unlock Armed and Armored and Thumb Ring to increase his archer troop’s health and his damage against infantry units respectively.
Optional Talents for Nebuchadnezzar II Talent Tree Build Guide
Once you’ve completed the core talents being recommended by this Nebuchadnezzar Talent Tree Build Guide, you can then focus on building his specialized talents for Open-Field Battle or Rallying Strongholds.
Nebuchadnezzar Open-Field Battle Specialization Talent Build (Incomplete City Technology)
- Feral Nature
- Arrows Nocked
- Full Quiver
- Rapid Fire (1 Talent Point)
Feral Nature is strongly recommended for governors whose technology is not yet complete. This is an excellent talent for rage restoration so it significantly improves Nebuchadnezzar's nuking ability.
Nebuchadnezzar Open-Field Specialization Talent Build (Complete Technology)
- Rapid Fire
- Arrows Nocked
- Phoenix-Tail Arrows
Considering that Feral Nature only activates with a 10% chance and just gives a below average amount of Rage, it is mostly disregarded by governors whose technology is already complete. An alternative for the Feral Nature Talent in this Nebuchadnezzar's Open-Field Battle Specialization is the Phoenix-Tail Arrows Talent. This talent directly deals additional Damage Factor upon activation. Feral Nature will only be a better talent if and only if gets activated most of the time; thereby, it improves the spamming ability of Nebuchadnezzar's powerful AOE nuking skill.
Nebuchadnezzar Rallying Specialization Talent Build (Complete Technology)
- Moment of Triumph
- Buckler Shield
Moment of Triump and Entrenched are the best talents to unlock if you're planning to utilize your commander as a rally leader. These talents significantly increase the offensive ability of your rally leader. But you have to keep in mind that, Moment of Triumph is only activated if your army is at 90% strength. Thus, your fellow alliance members should be very active in reinforcing your rallies to fully maximize the potential of your Nebuchadnezzar Rally. Also, unlock Buckler Shield to significantly increase the counterattack damage reduction of your rally army.
Recommended Commander Pairings for Nebuchadnezzar II
Having an ideal commander pair for Nebuchadnezzar will significantly improve the abilities of Nebuchadnezzar regardless if his talents are built according to this Nebuchadnezzar Talent Tree Build Guide. To further increase his combat abilities, here are a few recommended pairing for Nebuchadnezzar:
Cyrus the Great
Cyrus the Great is an exceptional nuking commander in the battlefield. He has excellent nuking abilities which complement with Nebuchadnezzar's abilities. Plus, he also has a passive skill which can deal AOE damage in the open-field. Pairing Cyrus with Nebuchadnezzar significantly increases their total damage output. And on top of that, Cyrus also improves the defense of their march through his expertise skill.
Ramesses II does not only offer increase in offense and defense to Nebuchadnezzar, but he also offers a unique Heal Immune Status Inflict ability to their march. This is a great counter to commanders who have the ability to heal their march. It is exactly why they are a great pair when it comes to rallying reinforced structures like flags, fortresses and other structures being defended by healing infantry commanders like Zenobia and Richard.
YSG is an excellent AOE Nuker. And he is also an excellent all around commander. You can definitely pair him with Nebuchadnezzar to create a powerful AOE nuking march in the open-field.