Ultimate Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide: Nuking Cavalry Commander in Rise of Kingdoms
Pelagius is a great nuking commander and at the same time a great cavalry commander in Rise of Kingdoms. He also has the best stats among all epic commander. He is considered to be a great nuker because of his active skill which deals significant damage to the enemy. Apart from being able to deal a huge damage factor to his enemy through his active skill, he is also able to restore a decent amount of rage after using his active skill. This makes Pelagius able to spam his active skill faster and deal more damage per second to his opponent. If his talents are built right, this will make Pelagius a far better nuker than he already is.
This Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to pick the right talents for Pelagius to make a formidable commander. Although his cavalry skill, which buffs cavalry troop’s attack and defense, makes him a cavalry commander, this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide will focus on building him as nuking commander instead of a cavalry commander. Although we will still be unlocking talents from the Cavalry Talent Tree, his build will be mostly concentrated on his Skill Talent Tree.
Here's a list of Pelagius skills. Knowing his skills will be very helpful in our Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide.
- Charge – Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 300) to the target, then deals additional damage (Damage Factor 300) to the target each second for the next 2 seconds. Restores 80 rage after use.
- Founder of Asturias – Increases the attack of cavalry units by 10% and defense of cavalry units by 10%.
- Retaking Lost Territory – Increases garrison and watchtower attack by 7% when this commander is serving as garrison commander.
- The Mutineer – Troop’s normal attacks have a 10% chance to heal some slightly wounded units (Healing Factor 450) every second for 2 seconds.
- Oath of Asseuua (Expertise) – Enhances Founder of Asturias. Increases the attack of cavalry units by 15% and defense of cavalry units by 15%.
Pelagius Active Skill deals up to a Damage Factor of 900 to his opponent which is already a decent amount of damage for an epic commander. Although there are commanders who are able to deal more active skill damage than Pelagius, he is still considered as one of the best nuking commanders because of his ability to restore rage after using his active skill. His rage restoration ability further improves his nuking ability; thus, this makes him superior to other nuking commanders. Through this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide, the right talents will be picked and unlocked in order to further improve Pelagius’ nuking ability.
Pelagius’ Second Skill, Founder of Asturias, and Expertise Skill, Oath of Asseuua, definitely makes him a cavalry commander. Both skills increases the cavalry unit’s attack and defense to a maximum of 15%. However, this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide won’t be focusing on building Pelagius to be a great cavalry commander, but this will build Pelagius to be a great nuking commander. This guide will still handpick some talents in the Cavalry Talent Tree to maximize Pelagius’ Second Skill and Expertise Skill.
Through Pelagius’ Third Skill, Retaking Lost Territory, and Fourth Skill, The Mutineer, Pelagius can be a good garrison commander. His third skill further improves his nuking ability while his fourth skill improves his ability to sustain damage through heals. Although both skills make him a good garrison commander, there are still far better garrison commanders than Pelagius. Thus, this Pelagius Talent Tree Build won’t be touching any of the talents in the Garrison Talent Tree.
Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide
This Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide will initially focus on unlocking Pelagius’s nuking ability to its full potential by unlocking most of the talents in Pelagius’ Skill Talent Tree right at the start. Unlocking Latent Power, All For One, Tactical Mastery, and Clarity Talents will significantly increase his nuking damage. Next, his spamming ability must be increased so talents that increase rage restoration like Burning Blood, Rejuvenate and Feral Nature will be unlocked. Heraldic Shield will be unlocked to be able to further talents in the Skill Talent Tree and to benefit from the skill damage reduction it provides. Optionally, Naked Rage can also be unlocked to further increase his nuking damage, but it decreases his defense against skill damage, so it’s not really an ideal talent to unlock.
Once we’ve unlocked most of the talents in the Skill Talent Tree, this Pelagius Talent Tree Build will move its focus on the Cavalry Talent Tree. Pelagius has skills which buffs cavalry troops so it would be a waste if won’t maximize his skills. Thus, this guide will pick talents that will further improve him as a cavalry commander. Talents like Galea and Halberd are unlocked to buff cavalry troops. Dragon Saber, Disarm and Charge Talents are also unlocked to buff Pelagius’ march. And Undying Fury is also unlocked to further improve his rage restoration.
The talents unlocked through this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide will ultimately make Pelagius a heavy nuking commander and at the same time a decent cavalry commander. Although the talents in this guide do not only benefit cavalry troops but also other types of troops, he will still be ultimately better if he only has a full cavalry march. He will be able to benefit in his cavalry buff skills and talents. Yes, he’ll definitely be a killer in the field through this guide.
Recommended Secondary Commanders for this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide
Commanders having the following skills are recommended in this Pelagius Talent Tree Build Guide in order to fully maximize the combat ability of Pelagius’ troop march:
- Nuking Skills – Since this build increases Pelagius active skill damage and rage restoration, it would be best if he is paired with a heavy nuking commanders. Commanders who deal significant active skill damage are ideal secondary commanders to him. And it would definitely be great if these commanders have rage restoration as well. Secondary Commanders who deal damage and restore rage are the most ideal partners for Pelagius.
- Cavalry Buffs – Pelagius boosts cavalry troops through his second skill and expertise. Further boost cavalry troops if you pair him with commanders who have cavalry buffing skills which improves at least 2 of your cavalry troop’s stats.
Probably, the best pair for Pelagius is a commander who has both nuking and cavalry buff skills.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Vince Tangcalagan