Ultimate Saladin Talent Tree Build Guide in "Rise of Kingdoms"
Saladin is a legendary cavalry commander in Rise of Kingdoms. Most legendary cavalry commanders in the game are powerful nukers; however, in Saladin’s case, he is a powerful anti-debuffer and city conqueror as compared to most legendary cavalry commanders.
He may not deal high nuking damage to his targets but he is capable of debuffing tanky commanders like Richard I & Charles Martel and he is capable of leading attacks to cities or any other reinforced structure. His ability to reduce a march’s healing effect and counterattack damage definitely decrease a tank march’s effectiveness on the battlefield. However, his debuffing skills won’t be effective if he does not have the right talents.
Don’t you worry though because this Saladin Talent Tree Build Guide will show you how to build him as a powerful debuffer and city conqueror.
Have you summoned Saladin in "Rise of Kingdoms"?
How to Summon Saladin in "Rise of Kingdoms"
Unfortunately, as of this time, Saladin’s sculptures can only be obtained through the “The Mightiest Governor” Event. It will definitely take you a lot of effort and money to compete with other governors in this event.
Try to secure one of the top spots to obtain lots of sculptures at the end of the event. If it sounds pretty difficult, then try to aim at taking a spot that rewards you at least 10 Saladin Sculptures.
Once you have 10 of Saladin’s Sculptures, you’ll be able to summon him and you’ll just need legendary sculptures to continue on leveling up his skills.
Saladin's List of Skills
- Hold Fast: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 1400) to the target, then reduces target march speed by 30% and decreases healing effects received by 40% for the next 5 seconds.
- Ghulams: Increases cavalry units’ attack by 20%, defense by 20%, and march speed by 5%.
- Bond of Fate: Reduces skill damage taken from enemies by 30% and reduces counterattack damage taken by 20%
- Generosity: Increases damage dealt to city garrisons by 15%. However, Saladin’s army is unable to plunder resources when attacking other governors’ cities.
- Praise the Creator: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 1700) to the target, then reduces target march speed by 50% and decreases healing effects by 50% for the next 5 seconds.
You would probably think that Saladin is a nuking cavalry commander, like most legendary cavalry commanders, because of the amount of Damage Factor he deals in his first skill. Well, it basically is about the same with Cao Cao’s active skill, and it even goes further up once his expertise skill is unlocked so does that mean he is a nuking cavalry commander? Well, he is actually a good nuking commander but not at the same level like the other nuking cavalry commanders. Where he does excel the most is in debuffing and city conquering.
Saladin’s first skill, Hold Fast, and third skill, Bond of Fate, are exceptional debuffing skills and anti-tank skills. His skills greatly reduce a few of the main attributes of a powerful tank: healing and counterattack damage.
Hold Fast reduces a target’s healing effect by a huge amount of 40% while Bond of Fate reduces a target’s counterattack damage dealt by 20%. Once a tank march is affected by these debuffs, their impact on the battlefield significantly decreases; thereby, it allows opposing marches to deal significant damage on them.
As I’ve mentioned, Saladin is also an exceptional City Conquering Commander. His Generosity skill improves his attack damage on cities and any other reinforced structure. However, it is strongly recommended that he leads a city or structure attack as a second rally, not the primary rally.
Saladin Talent Tree Build Guide
Although Saladin does deal high Damage Factor in his active skill, he is not primarily utilized as a nuking commander due to his talent trees. A powerful nuking commander must have the Skill Talent Tree but Saladin, instead, has the Cavalry, Support and Conquering Talent Trees.
Thus, to build him as a powerful anti-debuffer and city conqueror, this Saladin Talent Tree Build Guide will show you two ways to build Saladin’s Talent Tree.
Anti-Debuffing/PVP Commander Build
To build him as a powerful anti-debuffing commander or PVP commander, this guide strongly recommends focusing on the Cavalry Talent Tree. The remaining talents will then be shared on the Support and Conquering Talent Trees.
- First, from the Cavalry Talent Tree, unlock Emblazoned Shield, to reduce skill damage, Charge, to increase march speed, and Galea, to increase his cavalry units’ health points.
- Next, unlock Rejuvenate from the Support Talent Tree to significantly increase Saladin’s Rage Restoration. This greatly improves his ability to spam his active skill.
- Also, you’ll be taking along Burning Blood and Hasty Departure to unlock Rejuvenate.
- Don’t forget to unlock Loose Formation to reduce the skill damage taken by his troops.
- Move to the Conquering Talent Tree and unlock Moment of Triumph, Buckler Shield and the two talents on top of these talents.
- There will still be remaining talent points from here. Use it and spend it on the Cavalry Talent Tree.
- Unlock Halberd and Dragon Saber.
- Use the remaining talent points on the cavalry buffs from the remaining Cavalry Talents.
City Conquering Talent Tree Build
If you’re planning to build him as City Conquering Commander, mainly focus on the Conquering Talent Tree.
But before we move on to the Conquering Talent Tree, it is essential to unlock Rejuvenate and Loose Formation. Rejuvenate significantly increases his rage restoration so it improves his nuking ability.
Level up his conquering ability by unlocking the following Tear of Blessing and Entrenched. You’ll be unlocking the Buckler Shield, Moment of Triumph, Marionette and Signal Flare talents along the way.
These are the only important talents you’ll have to unlock in the Conquering Talent Tree. Once you’ve unlocked these talents, move to the Cavalry Talent Tree.
In the Cavalry Talent Tree, unlock Galea, Halberd and Dragon Saber talents. These will complete all the recommended talents for the City Conquering Talent Build for Saladin.
Recommended Pair or Secondary Commanders
As an excellent commander in anti-debuffing and city conquering, Saladin is best paired with the following commanders
1. Mehmed II
Mehmed II’s exceptional city conquering ability compliments Saladin’s abilities. The nuking ability and damage bonus brought by Mehmed II will definitely increase their march’s effectiveness in attacking cities or structures.
Both of them can penetrate reinforced structures through their high attack damage while Saladin debuffs reinforcing tank army through his healing reduction and counterattack damage reduction. This combination definitely makes up a powerful city conquering rally.
Other ideal commanders for city conquering are Hannibal Barca and Julius Caesar.
2. Minamoto no Yoshitsune
Minamoto no Yoshitsune’s nuking ability as a cavalry commander is a good synergy to Saladin’s skill and abilities. Not only do they have powerful nuking abilities but they also have Cavalry Buff Skills which totally improve the overall stats of their cavalry only march. They’ll definitely excel in their open-field skirmishes.
Other ideal commanders are Cao Cao and Genghis Khan.