Ultimate Scipio Talent Tree Build: The Open-Field Killer in Rise of Kingdoms
Scipio Africanus, Rome’s starting commander, is one of the strongest PVP commander in Rise of Kingdoms especially for free to play players. His skills that significantly improves his troops combat ability makes him a formidable commander in the open field. He is also considered as one of the best defensive commanders due to his first skill, Military Life, which greatly reduces the enemy troop’s damage. And his ability to sustain damage is further increased by his second skill, Patient Warrior, which heals his own troops. He can further be improved by building his talent tree the right way. To do that, we will be tackling the best way to build Scipio’s Talent Tree through this guide. This Scipio Talent Tree Guide will show you how to build Scipio not only as one of the best defensive commanders but also as one of the monster killing machines in the open field.
Scipio Africanus Skills Guide in Rise of Kingdoms
Building your commander’s Talent Tree won’t really matter that much if you don’t try to build it around your commander’s skills so before moving on our Scipio Talent Tree Build Guide, we will first go over his skills.
- Military Life – Reduces damage taken by troops by 25% and increases troop’s counterattack damage by 25% for 5 seconds.
- Patient Warrior – When attacked, Scipio has a 15% chance to increase his troops’ attack by 100% for the next 2 seconds. Effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds. Scipio has a 15% chance to heal a portion of his slightly wounded units (Healing Factor 500) when his army has less than 40% of its units remaining.
- Conqueror of Africa – Increases all damage by 7% when attacking other Governors’ cities.
- Genuine Aristocracy – Increases maximum troop capacity by 10%.
- Utter Annihilation (Expertise) – Enhances Patient Warrior. When attacked, Scipio has a 15% chance to increase his troops’ attack by 100% for the next 2 seconds. Effect can only trigger 5 seconds. Scipio has a 15% chance to heal a portion of his slightly wounded units (Healing Factor 500) when his army has less than 40% of its units remaining.
Scipio’s skill to reduce damage taken by 25% makes him sustain heavy damage significantly. This makes him one of the best commanders in terms of their defensive ability. Plus, he also has a healing skill which further improves Scipio’s defensive capabilities. He can also increase the amount of troops he can carry in a march through his fourth skill; thereby, it makes him stronger against enemy marches in PVP.
Aside from that, Scipio’s third skill makes him a good commander in attacking cities; however, this guide will not be building Scipio as a city conqueror instead this guide will be building Scipio as a defensive and a semi-garrison commander or an open-field attacking commander. There are better commanders especially legendary commanders in attacking cities so if you plan to use Scipio with this build in attacking cities, then use him to attack cities only when there’s a tank rally taking the city’s damage or when the city is surrounded by other marches. I would assume that you’ll mostly be using Scipio since you are a free to play governor in Rise of Kingdoms so it would be best if you let the pay to play governors to initiate the attack or rallies against cities. And you’ll just reinforce the attack or rally against other cities. But when it is going to be an open-field battle, then feel free to use your Scipio because this Scipio Talent Build Guide will definitely make him a killing machine.
Scipio Talent Tree Build Guide in Rise of Kingdoms
To maximize Scipio’s buffs, we will build around his Integration Talent Tree and we will also build around his Attacking Talent Tree to increase his damage output.
First, we’ll unlock talents that will improve Scipio’s offensive ability. Unlocking Lord of War and Effortless Talents would be a great start. Both of these talents are great offensive talents. We will also unlock Burning Blood to improve Scipio’s rage restoration. This allows him to spam his active skill.
Let’s further improve his damage output by unlocking Fresh Recruits and Steely Soul from the Leadership Talent Tree. Fresh Recruits increases the amount of troops Scipio can carry in a march while Steel Soul increases his troop’s damage.
We’ll then unlock Armored Joints and Martial Mastery in the Attack Talent Tree. Armored Joints is to reduce damage taken and Martial Mastery is to increase damage dealt. You might wonder why we’ll unlock Martial Master even if it decreases active skill damage. Well, Scipio’s active skill is non-damage type skill so it would not affect his active skill at all.
Once we have completed all of the talents in the Attack Talent Tree for our Scipio Talent Tree Build, we will unlock most of the remaining talents in the Leadership Talent Tree. Unlock Close Formation to increase attack damage, Healing Herbs & Strategic Prowess to improve damage sustain ability and Hidden Herbs for improve rage restoration.
Optionally, we can unlock Armored to the Teeth and Armed to the Teeth if you are planning to use Scipio with marches containing different unit types. If not, then adding some points on the Buckler Shield Talent is recommended.
This Scipio Talent Tree Build Guide for Rise of Kingdoms unlocks a mix of talents that improves Scipio’s offensive ability, defensive ability and rage restoration. Leveling up your Scipio to at least level 50 and unlocking most of these talents, it will be a guarantee that your commander will be a killing machine in the open-field.
Recommended Secondary Commanders to Pair with Scipio for this Talent Tree Build Guide
Scipio is a strong defensive commander so you would assume that pairing him with another defensive commander is the best combination but through this Scipio Talent Tree Build, you can also pair him with commanders that has the following skills:
- Buffers/Healers – Commanders that improves your troop’s abilities through buffs or heals wounded troops would further improve the effect of Scipio’s active skill and improves his damage sustain ability. Optionally, if you did not unlock Armor to the Teeth and Armed to the Teeth Talents, you can also use commanders that improves/buffs a specific type of unit.
- Increase Troop Count – Further increase the number of troops Scipio can carry by pairing him with commanders that increases the maximum troop capacity.
- City Conquering – Although we did not unlock Conquering Talents, Scipio can still be good at attacking cities through his Genuine Aristocracy Skill. And we can further improve his city attacking ability through pairing him with commanders that have skills for attacking cities.