I am an electronics engineer by profession. I recently traveled to Europe. Now, I'm hoping to share my experiences in my travel.
Sun Tzu is one of the best AOE nuking commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, and he's probably the best AOE nuker among all epic commanders. His active skill can significantly damage up to 5 targets if his skills are maxed out. Aside from that, he can easily restore rage through his active skill. This means that he deals huge damage to multiple enemies and can also spam his active skill faster than other commanders.
Of course, he's only effective if his talents are built properly. This ultimate guide to building his talent tree will show you how to make Sun Tzu as potent as possible.
Guide to Sun Tzu's Skills
Before we look over Sun Tzu's talents, let’s go through his skills and try to build his talents based on them.
- Art of War: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 360) to a maximum of 3 targets in a fan-shaped area, and deals additional damage (Damage Factor 120) to these targets on the next turn. Sun Tzu gains an additional 40 rage for each target hit by this skill.
- Philosophy of War: Reduces damage taken by the garrison by 7% when this commander is serving as garrison commander.
- Master Strategist: Increases troop damage reduction by 10%, increases infantry unit health by 10%.
- Ever-Changing Tactics: Increases active skill damage by 20%.
- Book of Aeons (Expertise): Enhances Art of War. Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 800) to a maximum of 5 targets in a fan-shaped area, and deals additional damage (Damage Factor 200) to these targets on the next turn. Sun Tzu gains an additional 50 rage for each target hit by this skill.
Being able to hit to a maximum of 5 targets with significant damage is a pretty useful skill during battles. A damage factor of 1000 (including the additional damage) means you could deal a maximum of damage factor 5000 if you can hit 5 targets. His active skill’s damage is further increased through his fourth skill, Ever-Changing Tactics. Plus, you can restore up 250 rage since you can restore 50 rage after successfully hitting each target. This is basically why Sun Tzu is considered to be one of the best AOE nuking commanders.
What About His Infantry and Garrison Skills?
He does have a Master Strategist skill which buffs infantry units’ health but it doesn’t mean he is a great infantry commander. Even then, he still is a great commander but not really specifically good for infantry troops. He also has a garrison skill which reduces damage taken by the garrison if he is the garrison commander, but Sun Tzu is better utilized as an AOE nuking commander than a garrison commander.
Sun Tzu Talent Tree Build Guide
To further improve Sun Tzu in AOE nuking, this build will be mostly unlocking talents in Sun Tzu’s Skill Tree Talent. Talents that increase skill damage and restore rage will be prioritized in this build.
- Burning Blood
- All For One
- Latent Power
First, we need a mix of skill damage increase and rage restoration, so we will be unlocking Burning Blood, All For One, Latent Power and Rejuvenate. Burning Blood and Rejuvenate increases rage restoration while All For One and Latent Power increases skill damage.
- Undying Fury
We will further increase rage restoration by unlocking Undying Fury in the Infantry Skill Tree.
- Tactical Mastery
- Naked Rage
- Heraldic Shield
- Feral Nature
Once we have unlocked most of the early rage restoration talents, we will unlock all of the remaining talents in the Skill Tree. We will unlock Tactical Mastery, Naked Rage and Clarity to increase skill damage dealt, Heraldic Shield to reduce skill damage taken and Feral Nature to significantly increase rage restoration.
At this point, a Sun Tzu with maxed out skills will be a heavy AOE nuker in the battlefield. You can definitely expect multiple numbers popping out in the battlefield especially in the Ark of Osiris.
From here, Sun Tzu’s Skill Talent Tree is already maxed out. We will then focus on unlocking some of the talents in the Infantry Talent Tree. Although Sun Tzu is not a specifically good commander for infantry troops compared to other infantry commanders. We can still maximize his Master Strategist skill, which reduces troop damage taken and increases infantry units’ health, by unlocking some of the talents in the Infantry Talent Tree.
- Call of the Pack
- Double-Headed Axe
- Iron Spear
- Snare of Thorns
- Health (Infantry)
We will only unlock Call of the Pack, Double-Headed Axe, Iron Spear and Snare of Thorns. Although these talents are from the Infantry Talent Tree, only Iron Spear is an infantry specific talent so mixed marches or non-infantry troops can still benefit from most of these talents.
So far, this build only costs 73 talent points which means we still have 1 talent point to spend. This build would go for Health (Infantry) in the Infantry Talent Tree to further increase health of infantry units.
As I’ve said earlier, this build will focus on building Sun Tzu to become a heavy AOE nuker rather than a strong infantry commander. Thus, any types of troops will still be able to benefit from this build. However, we will be able to maximize Sun Tzu’s skills and talents if we will use only infantry in his march.
Recommended Secondary Commander Skill Pairings
Commanders having the following skills below are recommended as secondary commanders to Sun Tzu:
- AOE Skills/Nukers: Commanders that deal AOE damage or are heavy nukers are the best fit for this build.
- Rage Restoration: Commanders who can further improve Sun Tzu’s rage restoration are also ideal pairs to Sun Tzu since it significantly increases his nuking ability.
- Infantry Buffs: Although this build doesn’t focus too much on infantry units, good infantry commanders can further improve Sun Tzu’s only infantry march.
© 2019 Vince Tangcalagan
Mr nuke on May 25, 2020:
I want to get guison, wanwan