Ever since childhood, I have been an avid PC gamer. So, it is no wonder I write topics about PC gaming and building PCs for gaming.
Yi Seong-Gye, one of the great kings in Korea, is the best AOE nuking commander and probably the best nuking commander all-around in Rise of Kingdoms. He is also considered to be the best archer commander, on top of El Cid, among all the commanders in the game.
Yi Seong-Gye (YSG for short) is considered to be the best nuking commander because his first skill, Rain of Arrows, deals the most damage when compared to other commanders. On top of that, his skill does not only deal high damage but also can hit multiple targets, up to a maximum of 5 targets at a time. Although the damage is reduced for each additional target, it is still considered to be the best nuking skill in Rise of Kingdoms.
It's even further improved through Yi Seong-Gye’s other skills—except his third skill, Joseon Dynasty. His other skills increase his active skill damage, rage restoration and his archer attack bonus, significantly increasing his excellent nuking ability.
Building his talents the right way will take this commander’s PVP and PVE game to a whole new level. And this guide will show you how to build YSG's talents to create a strong nuking archer commander.
List of Yi Seong-Gye's Skills
Here's a list of Yi Seong Gye's skills:
- Rain of Arrows: Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 1400) to the enemy in a fan-shaped area. Damage dealt to each target will be reduced by 15% for each additional target. Can damage at most 5 targets.
- Art of Archery: Troops’ normal attacks have a 10% chance to grant an additional 100 rage and increase the attack of archer units by 100% for the next 4 seconds.
- Joseon Dynasty: Increases the attack of the garrison and watchtower by 10% when this commander is serving as garrison commander.
- Destiny: Increases active skill damage by 20%.
- Arrow Storm (Expertise): Enhances Rain of Arrows. Deals direct damage (Damage Factor 1700) to the enemy in a circular area. Damage dealt to each target will be reduced by 15% for each additional target. Can damage at most 5 targets.
Almost all of Yi Seong-Gye’s skills are nuking skills except his third skill, Joseon Dynasty.
- His first skill, Rain of Arrows, is a pure nuking skill which is able to deal high skill damage at multiple targets. Although it is a high damage dealing skill, its skill damage does get reduced for each additional target. However, it is compensated by his other skills.
- His second skill, Art of Archery, and fourth skill, Destiny, totally improves his nuking ability. His second skill not only increases his rage restoration ability but also increases his archer troop’s attack; thereby, his archer-only troops nuking ability increases significantly as well.
- His third skill directly increases active skill damage.
- And his expertise skill, Arrow Storm, increases his first skill’s maximum damage and changes his AOE from a fan-shaped area to a circular area around him.
Combining all of these skills, Yi Seong-Gye, just by basing on his skills, is the best nuking commander among all the commanders in Rise of Kingdoms.
Despite being a great nuking commander, Yi Seong-Gye is also a good garrison commander through his third skill, Joseon Dynasty. This skill increases both the garrison and watchtower attack if he is serving as garrison commander. This makes him also an ideal commander for city or structural defense, but this guide will focus more on building him as a powerful nuking commander.
How to Build YSG's Talent Tree
As we’ve mentioned, this guide will mainly focus on building YSG into a powerful nuking archer commander; thus, we will take on talents around the Skill Talent Tree and Archer Talent Tree.
- Burning Blood
- All For One
First, ramp up Yi Seong-Gye’s nuking ability by taking talents that improve rage restoration and skill damage. Unlock Burning Blood and Rejuvenate in Skill Talent Tree to increase rage restoration. And unlock All For One to increase nuking damage.
- Razor Sharp
- Thumb Ring
Work your way up to Razor Sharp in Archer Talent Tree to further increase YSG’s rage restoration at early levels. Thumb Ring will also be unlocked along the way to increase your archer troop’s damage to infantry units.
- Feral Nature
- Tactical Mastery
- Heraldic Shield
Next, unlock most of the talents in his tree to significantly increase his nuking ability to a whole new level. Unlock Feral Nature to highly increase rage restoration. Unlock Tactical Mastery and Clarity for increased nuking damage. And unlock Heraldic Shield for defense against skill damage.
At this point, Yi Seong-Gye’s nuking ability is at an extreme level and he is definitely capable of launching deadly nuking damage. With his increased rage restoration, he does not only deal huge amount of skill damage but he is also capable of spam his skills more often.
Since nuking talents have been pretty much unlocked, then transforming YSG into a formidable archer commander is next. Unlocking talents in the Archer Talent Tree will improves his archer-only march’s overall stats.
- Armed and Armored
- Venomous Sting
- Arrows Nocked
- Full Quiver
Unlock Armed and Armored and Venomous Sting to increase Archer’s health and Yi Seong-Gye’s skill damage respectively. Lastly, unlock Arrows Nocked and Full Quiver to increase his troop’s damage. Spend the remaining talent point on the other talents in the Archer Talent Tree.
With Yi Seong-Gye’s nuking ability ramped up significantly, he’ll be great against PVP and PVE. Swarms of marches surrounding him will feel his wrath not only because of his scary nuking damage but also because of his AOE nukes. Surely, he is a commander you’ll think twice about surrounding.
Best Secondary Commander Skills for Yi Seong-Gye
Commanders having the following skills are the recommended pairs for Yi Seong-Gye:
- Nuking Skills: Commanders having good nuking skills whether AOE or not are good pairs for Yi Seong-Gye. Skills that deals huge skill damage or restore rage totally improves the overall nuking ability of Yi Seong-Gye's march.
- Archer Skills: Commanders having buff skills for Archer troops complements Ti Seong-Gye's Archer Skill. Further improving YSG's Archer-only march's stats, totally improves not only his march's nuking ability but also his march's overall combat capability.