I love playing "Rise of Kingdoms". And that's why I love sharing my guides, tips and tricks of this game.
Yi Sun-Sin is a powerful legendary city defense and garrison commander in Rise of Kingdoms. With the 5th season of Kingdom vs Kingdom approaching, Rise of Kingdoms introduces Yi Sun-Sin to provide a variety of defensive commander in protecting your territory. However, all of his potential, as one of the greatest city defense and garrison commander, will surely be put into waste if his talents are not built correctly. To fully maximize Yi Sun-Sin’s potential, make sure you check out the best talent build for him using this Yi Sun-Sin Talent Tree Build Guide.
How to Unlock Yi Sun-Sin?
Before talking about the best talent builds for Yi Sun-Sin, let’s first check out how we can unlock him in the game. He is available for kingdoms older than 310 days. Kingdoms going to the 5th season of KvK should be able to unlock him. Here are ways you can unlock Yi Sun-Sin in Rise of Kingdoms:
- Wheel of Fortune – Yi Sun-Sin is available as a reward in the Wheel of Fortune. You’ll have to spend a certain amount of gems in order to earn enough Yi Sun-Sin sculptures to unlock him.
- Card King Event – In case you are not able to unlock him from the Wheel of Fortune Event, you should be able to unlock him in the Card King Event. However, it will take a couple of months before he will be available in the event.
Guide on Yi Sun-Sin's Skills
Let's get into Yi Sun-Sin's Skills first before we get to his talent tree build. Here are his skills:
- Duke of Loyalty and Warfare – While on the map, deals direct damage to a target (Damage Factor 2000). While part of the garrison of a stronghold or your own city, deals direct damage to up to 3 targets in a fan-shaped area (Damage Factor 1400). Damage dealt to each target is reduced by 30% for each additional target. On the map or in a garrison, when dealing damage, inflicts a speed reduction effect on the targets, reducing their march speed by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Battle of Myeongnyang – When battling within your Alliance’s territory, or while serving as garrison commander of a stronghold or your own city, normal attacks have a 10% chance to grant troops led by this commander 20% increased defense and 15% increased damage for 3 seconds.
- Geobukseon – Troops led by this commander gain 30% increased defense. When fewer than 50% of units remain, troops deal 20% increased damage.
- Winged Formation – While this commander is leading the garrison of your own city or a stronghold, all troops led by this commander gain 20% increased attack, and have a 10% chance to activate a shield when attacked which can absorb a large amount of damage (Damage Factor 500) and grant troops 30% increased counterattack damage for 3 seconds.
- Broken Moon (Expertise) – When troops led by this commander consist of 2 or more different unit types, they gain 20% increased attack and 20% increased defense.
Looking at Yi Sun-Sin’s Skills, most of his skills are oriented to garrison defense. In fact, most of it are activated only when he is in city defense or garrison and when he is in the alliance territory. However, it does not ultimately mean he significantly fails in open-field battles. He is just best utilized as a city or garrison defender due to his skills' requirements.
What makes Yi Sun-Sin an excellent city or garrison defender is his powerful offensive and defensive buffs. In fact, he can provide 75% attack bonus and 70% defense bonus. Aside from that, he also provides a significant increase in counterattack damage bonus which is exceptional in city or garrison defense. Plus, he doesn’t need any specific type of troop to activate all of those bonuses.
Another thing I like about Yi Sun-Sin is his powerful nuking active skill. It can deal huge amounts of damage regardless if he is on the map or if he is a part of the garrison.You definitely would want to melt the enemy rally as soon as you can to prevent more losses; thus, having such excellent nuking abilities will definitely be helpful in city and garrison defense. However, as I’ve mentioned, his talents must be built properly to maximize all of his potential. Well, we’ve finished reviewing his skills, it is definitely time to go over the best talents to build for Yi Sun-Sin.
Recommended Talents for Yi Sun-Sin's Talent Build
With the increasing numbers of commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, rallying strategies have varied since the start of the game. And this has greatly caused significant changes on how to defend a city or a stronghold. To make sure we will be able to utilize Yi Sun-Sin varying situations, we will also recommend different talent builds for Yi Sun-Sin.
- Strategic Prowess
- Armed to the Teeth
- Hidden Wrath
- Healing Herbs
Starting off in the leadership talent tree, this Yi Sun-Sin Talent Tree Build Guide recommends unlocking Strategic Prowess for significant boost in defense and Armed to the Teeth for additional all damage bonus. Along the way, we will also be taking Hidden Wrath for rage restoration. Healing Herbs will also be unlocked, but it won’t be much of help considering that we can get the same effect by reinforcing the garrison with more troops.
Read More From Levelskip
- Master Armorer
- Burning Blood
- Testudo Formation
- No Weaknesses
- Spiked Armor
Required Defense Talents for this talent build are Master Armorer, Burning Blood, Testudo Formation, No Weaknesses, and Spiked Armor. Most of these talents significantly increase Yi Sun-Sin’s defensive ability, but a few of the talents also increase his offensive ability and rage restoration.
- Empty Fortress Strategem
- Impenetrable Fortifications
The next talents we should focus for this Yi Sun-Sin Talent Build Guide should be coming from the Garrison Talent Tree. Empty Fortress Strategem is very important to significantly increase his troop’s damage. Also, unlock Impenetrable Fortifications to significantly reduce the damage taken.
Situational Talents for Yi Sun-Sin's Talent Build
At this point, we have not completed Yi Sun-Sin’s Talent Tree Build yet. We still have lots of remaining points to spend. However, we will be allocating these remaining talent points depending on how Yi Sun-Sin will be used in defending a city or garrison.
Anti-Nuking Talents for Yi Sun-Sin
- Loose Formation
If you’re going to use Yi Sun-Sin to defend against powerful nuking commanders, then this talent tree build will have to go for skill damage reduction talents. Unlock Impregnable Talent from the Garrison Talent Tree. Also, unlock Loose Formation and Balance Talents from the Defense Talent Tree.
Anti-Atilla & Takeda Talents for Yi Sun-Sin
- King's Guard
- City Guardian
If Atilla and Takeda combo will be a problem for you, you might want to unlock Kings Guard instead of getting Impregnable, Loose Formation and Balance. Considering that this combo won’t deal any powerful nuking skill damage, drop all Yi Sun-Sin's skill damage reduction talents.
There is definitely no specific Yi Sun-Sin Talent Tree Build you should take. His talent build should depend on the situation he will be used to counter. Once you follow any of the paths recommended in this talent build for Yi Sun-Sin, he is guaranteed to stop any rally attacks. And he will surely fill in the opponent’s hospital. He will definitely be a game changer in countering enemy rallies.
Recommended Pairings for Yi Sun-Sin
To further maximize this Yi Sun-Sin Talent Tree Build Guide, it is also recommended that Yi Sun-Sin be paired with ideal garrison commanders. Here are a few exceptional commanders that should be paired with him:
1.) Theodora and Wu Zetian – Both of these commanders are excellent garrison commanders. What makes them better other than the other garrison commanders is that they do no specialize in any kind of troops. This makes the garrisoned troops benefit from all of the buffs provided by Yi Sun-Sin and his secondary commander. Afterall, you would definitely want to use mixed-type of troops for Yi Sun-Sin in order to maximize his skill’s buff and his talents.
2.) Constantine and Charles Martel – These two commanders are excellent garrison commanders who have been commonly utilized for infantry garrison. Yes, they do specialize in infantry-only troops. However, their skills will still significantly supplement Yi Sun-Sin even if we will have to use mixed-type of troops for our garrison. Or you can also use infantry-only troops in the garrison They're pairing should still be excellent.